Playable races in patch 1.2 - Legacy system

AnimalPotential

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there,

According to the Q&A from Feb 10th, there will be more playable species to those who has gone up in the legacy system.

Might I ask if anyone knows which ones these will be, or has heard rumors?

Or hell, if anyone has a wishlist of which ones they WANT to see?

Pre-existing races.

Actually I kinda read it as being able to play as races already in the game.

For example that Cat race that Ashara's original master is, etc.

If its only existing races than that *********** sucks :(

Dont think so. Cats, ie, says in a specific way so they would have to record new voices for them.

I'm assuming that means you'll be able to play as Miralukans and Mirialins (sp) on the Empire side, and Sith and Chiss on the Republic side.

Or something of that vein. Disappointing. I was hoping for other races.

I'd love a Chiss Jedi Knight... synchronized with the smooth and sly attitude and voice of the female Imperial Agent. *purrr*

I really hope a DEV actually answers this thread with a little hint, cause im on a "make a new class now, or wait" decision :p

If you want to roll one of the species already available to players in the game, but unlocked for the opposite faction, then wait. If you want to roll something not currently playable, then you might want to start your alt now and hope that by the time more species are introduced, they have a paid service to change it.

Actually I kinda read it as being able to play as races already in the game.

For example that Cat race that Ashara's original master is, etc.

If its only existing races than that *********** sucks :(

Are they gonne get the Thunder tank as mount then?

I'm assuming that means you'll be able to play as Miralukans and Mirialins (sp) on the Empire side, and Sith and Chiss on the Republic side.

Or something of that vein. Disappointing. I was hoping for other races.

That's the impression I got as well and yes, I share your disappointment.

Would be a bit weird to see chiss republic players since the chiss are allied to the empire, not saying its impossible, but it would be weird nontheless.

Sith purebloods joining republic would be completely weird as to the "lore" sith purebloods are naturally attuned to the dark side of the force (yes there are exceptions), but it would feel weird nontheless.

I still dont know what races would be comming with 1.2. I was personally hoping for some of the npc races currently in game, but I wouldnt be surprised if it is how some people in this thread have mentioned it to be.

Must say im a bit dissapointed that bioware isnt releasing a little more information on that subject, it has been holding me back rolling alts im interested in

Miraluka Sith Warriors have been confirmed (can be seen in the upcoming features video).

Before showing the SW there was a disclaimer saying that it was not final. So it would be better to say a possibility. As for races I would take into account companions as well, as they can be equipped, etc. As for voices that shouldn't be a problem as they are class/gender specific, of course hearing a wookie with an english accent might be a little discomforting.

Edited by Apocalypsezero

Would be a bit weird to see chiss republic players since the chiss are allied to the empire, not saying its impossible, but it would be weird nontheless.

Sith purebloods joining republic would be completely weird as to the "lore" sith purebloods are naturally attuned to the dark side of the force (yes there are exceptions), but it would feel weird nontheless.

I still dont know what races would be comming with 1.2. I was personally hoping for some of the npc races currently in game, but I wouldnt be surprised if it is how some people in this thread have mentioned it to be.

Must say im a bit dissapointed that bioware isnt releasing a little more information on that subject, it has been holding me back rolling alts im interested in

Speaking on "lore", Chiss in general - regardless of faction - is completely weird since the race wasn't even introduced to the known SW universe until the post-ROTJ era. That's something BW chose to pretty much retcon for the game. Wouldn't be surprised if they they did end up on Republic side.

Based on what I read about the upcoming Legacy unlockable species, they said they'd be species you've already seen in the game - didn't specify whether that was strictly playable species or not. I personally immediately thought they were implying NPC species.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.