How to stop all those FLOATING TEXT?

Spurgo

No it doesnt thers nothing for this kind of float text... anyone solved this kind of problem?

Stop spamming keys while not in range? Also try to not spam keys while your focus or other resource is extremely low or abilities are on CD?

I honestly never noticed this issue. Since unlike WoW where your character says out loud "not enough rage" every time you don't have enough. Also the global CD system makes it so you don't need to spam.

Stop spamming keys while not in range? Also try to not spam keys while your focus or other resource is extremely low or abilities are on CD?

I honestly never noticed this issue. Since unlike WoW where your character says out loud "not enough rage" every time you don't have enough. Also the global CD system makes it so you don't need to spam.

This. So much this. Stop trying to faceroll and spam abilities and you won't see these notification.

If you really don't want any of the combat text follow these instructions.

To turn off the flytext and any other text you don't want on screen:

Hit escape

Click 'preferences'

Choose 'nameplates' from the left hand menu

Uncheck all the boxes

Click 'apply' in the lower right hand corner (if you don't hit apply it doesn't save your changes)

There won't be anything on your screen but chat, map and action bars.

Edited by Jezmondene

He's not doing it wrong - the marco fires, and an ability may not yet be ready so he gets the spam.

There should be a way to put ALL flytext into a chat window. Flytext is so terrible. I can't believe this isn't an option already.

Edited by Tservo

He's not doing it wrong - the marco fires, and an ability may not yet be ready so he gets the spam.

There should be a way to put ALL flytext into a chat window. Flytext is so terrible. I can't believe this isn't an option already.

Or he could play the game instead of having a keyboard do it for him.

Edited by JustTed

There needs to be a limit on how many concurrent lines of red error text is shown on the 'hud overlay'. At present you can indeed fill your screen with red error messages. It's a schoolboy coding error. It needs to be sorted.

Unless it's BioWare's way of politely indicating to people that they are playing the game WRONG. If you have a screen full of red text, you're doing it wrong. I don't care if you have keyboard macros, mouse macros, or a cybernetic implant that lets you play using only your brain and movements of your eyebrows. One button should only try to do ONE thing. The game doesn't support native macros for a reason -- BioWare doesn't want them in (at least right now).

So using a keyboard or mouse to get around it is not playing the game the way it is designed to be played. Play like the rest of us, or enjoy your screen of red text.

In Wow you can shut off the speech, and it only has 3 line of text also it's not in the middle of screen.

We are not talking about the gamestyle of anyone.

We simply talk abt an option to shut down all the damn RED TEXT!

Seems like it doesnt exist.

And we're telling you it doesn't exist because your problem is coming from the way you are playing. It's like someone playing without armor and asking how they can live longer. The solution is within the problem itself -- using macros goes against what BioWare wants right now. This means that using hardware to use macros is likely to create problems -- like red text filling your screen. The solution, within the problem itself, is to stop using macros.