Remove Fleet Stations

Remlish

Everyone has at least one thing that screams "this isnt starwarsy enough for me". Now as huge of a SW fan as i am , im also a huge MMO fan and can be extreemly forgiving when it comes to system limitations.

Fleet Stations arent just "not starwarsy enough" for me , they legitimatly feel like lazy additions. For a Level 50 player the Fleet is your home away from....i guess its just your home since none of the planets in the game offer up that feeling. If i want to spend all my free time haning around a space station ill go back to STO.

Fleet Stations should be removed entriely and "moved" to a new area on the capital planets. These areas should be larger than republic fleet but be more organized than the capital citys found in games like WoW. Also the addition of a PvP waiting room instance and a direct shuttle to Ilum's surface would be nice.

No, the fleets are fine.

paraphrase:

EVERYTHING IS FINE, NOTHING IS WRONG, EVERYTHING IS FINE, LOOK AWAY LOOK AWAY EVERYTHING IS FINE THERE IS NO PROBLEM HERE THE GAME IS A BEAUTIFUL PIECE OF ART SET TO RIVAL THE MONA LISA IN IT'S MYSTERIOUS BEAUTY AND LONGEVITY, STOP MAKING SUGGESTIONS, YOU DON'T TELL GOD WHAT TO DO, DO YOU?

Agree completely....I have no reason to leave the fleet at all, except for the nights we raid and then I only go one ship over. Dailies serve little purpose and once you have done them once it is hard to continue doing them (no variety). When doing a FP most are right at the fleet, there is no need to travel to other planets.

The thing about having it on a planet is... yet another trip through a spaceport (which everyone seems to hate) and then a taxi ride to get to the city, if you put them on planets. People are asking for removal of traveling time sinks, not an increase of them.

Leave them as they are, I say. It's completely believable that a space-faring civilization would have a protected base on a planet, and a fleet acting as a forward base for less important matters (and an extra layer of defenses between the bad guys and the capital with all the important people).

I happen to be a big fan of the space station, and "spacer living" in general, when it comes to sci-fi. If you don't like the space station, don't hang around on it, find another place that you and likeminded people can designate as the "we're too cool for spacestations" hang out spot.

I like the space station, hands off my home.

Agree completely....I have no reason to leave the fleet at all, except for the nights we raid and then I only go one ship over. Dailies serve little purpose and once you have done them once it is hard to continue doing them (no variety). When doing a FP most are right at the fleet, there is no need to travel to other planets.

Maybe higher level people 50's should have to travel to different stations/planets to do their higher level FP's. Or new FP's could require you travel to other planets. The issue there is getting a group to reach the destination at the same time so you don't have one guy heading there ASAP and the other setting their ship then going for a bathroom break, etc.

I could see a place for different levels that served them better based on their levels but that means more content and dev time which some get upset when others say things should be fixed/added just 2 months past launch.

I don't have a problem with the fleet, as yet, nor do I really see one beyond that it is convenient. I'm in the camp that new stuff should expand the game which means more locations in space and planets. So you'd actually have to go to different places as well as have reasons to go back to some planets you really never need to go back to once you ran through them.

If people could explain more what's wrong with it more than you don't have a reason to leave maybe I could 'get it'.

Maybe higher level people 50's should have to travel to different stations/planets to do their higher level FP's. Or new FP's could require you travel to other planets. The issue there is getting a group to reach the destination at the same time so you don't have one guy heading there ASAP and the other setting their ship then going for a bathroom break, etc.

I could see a place for different levels that served them better based on their levels but that means more content and dev time which some get upset when others say things should be fixed/added just 2 months past launch.

I don't have a problem with the fleet, as yet, nor do I really see one beyond that it is convenient. I'm in the camp that new stuff should expand the game which means more locations in space and planets. So you'd actually have to go to different places as well as have reasons to go back to some planets you really never need to go back to once you ran through them.

If people could explain more what's wrong with it more than you don't have a reason to leave maybe I could 'get it'.

You mean like for the flashpoints that depart from Ilum, White Nova, and Ziost Shadow?

There is an ancient rumor that a future generation would develop a weapon capable of destroying entire planets....so people on both sides cling to fleet stations as their home base.

In fairness I like the concept and usefulness/convenience of the fleet.

If we could dump the painful transition of orbital stations and airlocks, I wouldn't mind moving the entire hub of the fleet station to a planet as long as it doesn't get too spread out to make it less convenient to take care of things. Over time the "home base" could move from one planet to another to match some over lying story arc.

I'd sure hate to have to travel to multiple planets to accomplish daily administrative activities.