Decided to make a lightsaber

M_o_s_e_s

Hey I'm a level 400 Artificer here and after making myself a few relics I decided to make a light saber from the End Game gear stuff. Well first I would like to say that I'm proud of the fact that I can actually sell these and that they are not bound, it's a good thing if you ask me. However I am very picky and being that this one was for myself, I didn't like the name I choose or the fact that it didn't crit. So I thought about RE'ing it in hopes that I could at least get back 1 of the 3 Biometric Alloys that it takes to create the thing and to my surprise I got about 10% of the mats after RE'ing it ( 3x Upari Crystal ). It's a shame if you ask me that the recipe consist of 10x artifact fragments 8x Lordian Gems 3x Alloy and 10x Upari crystals AND THAT'S WHAT I GET BACK ! Idk but those number just don't add up in my book. Maybe just a vent here, but I felt I had to put it in writing

Honestly I don't think these can crit. Lightsabers don't seem like something that would be able to (never seen critted weapons before). Not to mention if its sellable why re it when you can sell it for the price of mats atleast (I'm sure someone would pay 25K for it if they will pay 25K for level 34 epic implants) not to mention it can't get you an epic recipe due to the fact all the parts are just mods.

If Torhead is to be trusted then sabers with extra aug slot exist:

http://www.torhead.com/schematic/7toCXdo/niman-masters-primary-lightsaber

When hilts can be removed these will become the best in game when you move rakata mods.

I think you have never seen one because they require rediculus many mats to craft. Most notably 3 boss alloys which multiplied by number of times to crit makes it time consuming.

/Nordar

Edited by Nordar

If Torhead is to be trusted...

Torhead can NOT be trusted. There's a lot of data mining from the beta left over in the databases. For instance all armors/weapons show an augment slot. Even dropped-only ones.

That said, Lightsabers can have an augment slot. There are several screenshots on this forum showing people crit crafted them and obtained augment slots.

You don't need it to crit because there are better mods to put in anyway. They appear to be simply for people to choose certain skins/sounds.

no if you crit you get an augment slot, and in 1.2 when we are able to take hilts out of tier stuff, you will be able to move your columi/rakata sabers mods over to you new one add an augment making it better.

Edited by GooseGrims

Honestly I don't think these can crit. Lightsabers don't seem like something that would be able to (never seen critted weapons before). Not to mention if its sellable why re it when you can sell it for the price of mats atleast (I'm sure someone would pay 25K for it if they will pay 25K for level 34 epic implants) not to mention it can't get you an epic recipe due to the fact all the parts are just mods.

You can crit craft and lightsabers with an augment slot, they sell for like 2mil atm on my server...

Yeah I wanted the mats back so I could try again at least some. It is a shame that I got so little. Also someone mentioned that before the patch it seemed you got more mats back, is this confirmed ? I def know you can crit this because a guildie of mine has an end game gun that is critted. Either way Ill just try again after a few ops and HM's I should have enough to make another one and hopefully it will crit this time. I now know I can't RE it for the mats so I will just sell if it doesn't.

they can in fact crit. only one ive ever made on my artificer was for my roommate's juggernaut, and it crit.

You can crit on Lightsabers and receive an augmented slot. I let Xalek make a Radiant Blade (end/willpower). After 3 tries and 9 biometric crystal alloys later, I own possibly the most potentially valuable light saber on Jung-Ma. =)

Radiant Blade [Exceptional]

Yeah that's nice, can't wait to get mine :-) this week I should have enough alloy to make a few and keep the one I crit

Torhead can NOT be trusted. There's a lot of data mining from the beta left over in the databases. For instance all armors/weapons show an augment slot. Even dropped-only ones.

That said, Lightsabers can have an augment slot. There are several screenshots on this forum showing people crit crafted them and obtained augment slots.

I have a lightsaber with an augment slot. I saw it up for 100k and I snagged it. (Score!)

If you need proof, my character is Kapono, Vrook Lamaar server if you want to come look at it; I can't link it in trade or whisper for some reason though, so you'd need to inspect my character.

An augment will not make up for the total loss of stats you will suffer in choosing an orange saber over an epic tier 2/3 saber, unless Bioware allow for said sabers to be modified like armour will be able to in 1.2

Read patch notes: next major update is slated to make all end game drops fully modable, therefore allowing removal of ALL mods from the tiered gear. That said, the Radiant Blade [Exceptional] that I'm currently using (third one i made) actually is better than the tier 2 light sabers that drop in EV - the Hilt in the dropped sabers is actually a Force Wielder hilt, which, as a sorcerer, I have no need for - the rank 23 Resolve hilt is itemized better than the rank 24 Force Wielder hit for sorcerers. All other mods in my crit crafted saber are rank 24 and 25 mods ripped from other drops - once I can put a rank 25 Resolve Hilt into it, it'll be best in slot.

An augment will not make up for the total loss of stats you will suffer in choosing an orange saber over an epic tier 2/3 saber, unless Bioware allow for said sabers to be modified like armour will be able to in 1.2

Afraid You're wrong, i took the enhancement, mod and color gem out of the Rakata weapon, using the 23 epic mod from illum tokens it exceeds the rakata weapon by a fair amount (and will far exceed it when they unlock the hilt/armoring)

Hilt im using (illum tokens)

http://www.torhead.com/item/flO8jG/advanced-resolve-hilt-23

Hilt in rakata weapon

http://www.torhead.com/item/eBy56Cc/advanced-resolve-hilt-25

Augment im using

http://www.torhead.com/item/9Yax3pF/advanced-resolve-augment-22

17 willpower gain over the rakata one.

and 17 willpower gives me more output on heals than the force power i lose.

Edited by CriticalAtheist

Afraid You're wrong, i took the enhancement, mod and color gem out of the Rakata weapon, using the 23 epic mod from illum tokens it exceeds the rakata weapon by a fair amount (and will far exceed it when they unlock the hilt/armoring)

Hilt im using (illum tokens)

http://www.torhead.com/item/flO8jG/advanced-resolve-hilt-23

Hilt in rakata weapon

http://www.torhead.com/item/eBy56Cc/advanced-resolve-hilt-25

Augment im using

http://www.torhead.com/item/9Yax3pF/advanced-resolve-augment-22

17 willpower gain over the rakata one.

and 17 willpower gives me more output on heals than the force power i lose.

thats some pretty terrible misinformation. you lose 44 forcepower for 17 willpower which is frankly a horrible trade. willpower point for point is only 10% better than power/force power. right now you are much better off sticking with your rakata wep until you can rip the hilt from it.

Can only the one that requries the biometric crystal alloys crit? Why not use one that requires lesser materials since you can put better mods into it equaling the same piece if the mods are the same?

I'm pretty sure these are the only fully moddable ones you are able to craft...same with guns.