The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

lvl 50 nub, thinking of cancelling sub

Aharaza

It's nowhere near as bad as the OP is making out, gear your toon out properly and spec your toon out the right way and you will do fine. A guildmate of mine is going through the same "problems", I checked his gear and it's all crap blue and green level 49 stuff AND he's running the squishies dps shadow spec there is. He's now geared better and running a tank spec et-viola, he is doing fine.

Level 10-49 means NOTHING it really doesn't and isn't an indication of your PvP performance at level 50, dont expect to stomp faces in low level pvp and then do the same after level 50 it really doesn't work like that. Low level PvP is full of clueless halfwits, level 50 PvP there are still clueless halfwits, but they have better gear than you.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So here I ding 50, i've read all the drama on these boards thinking it can't be that bad.

I pvp'ed pre 50 to 40 valor, saved up on commendations to open 6 champ bags upon 50.

I opened the centurion and champ commendations that allowed me to buy 2 centurion items and 1 champ.

I did a couple of warzones and it's absolutely horrible. I die so fast and I hardly make a dent damage wise (i'm a vanguard running taugrims iron fist spec). Healers prevent me from killing anybody.So I travel to ilum... nobody is there and I resort to picking up 30 armanents for a daily, wow that was fun... driving circles in the center waiting for a chest to spawn.

I really liked the pvp game pre 50... but knowing how it'll end up has really dampened my spirits for this game. Sure I could roll a new char but eventually It'll jus head to the inevitable.

About the only thing keeping me in the game is thinking maybe that with some more pieces of pvp gear it'll make a big difference. I really don't want to be one of those cry babies that wines on boards that he'll cancel his sub. But god the pvp experience i'm having now just isn't fun. And I play games to have fun!

Look - You won't ever make a big difference in pvp with a couple more pieces. Its the truth and if you manage to stick it out til battlemaster you will find yourself doing another pointless grind.

The endgame PvP is awful, truly awful - the only people I've found who enjoy it or try to sell it as being okay are PvE'ers or people living in some world of denial, by nearly any standards their end game pvp is a pointless grind.

Do yourself a favor and cancel if your not having fun now, it only gets worse. Imagine WZ after wz after wz after wz day after day after day and going to ilum to pick up boxes day after day after day. Sound fun? I hope so because thats all there is.

It's nowhere near as bad as the OP is making out, gear your toon out properly and spec your toon out the right way and you will do fine. A guildmate of mine is going through the same "problems", I checked his gear and it's all crap blue and green level 49 stuff AND he's running the squishies dps shadow spec there is. He's now geared better and running a tank spec et-viola, he is doing fine.

Level 10-49 means NOTHING it really doesn't and isn't an indication of your PvP performance at level 50, dont expect to stomp faces in low level pvp and then do the same after level 50 it really doesn't work like that. Low level PvP is full of clueless halfwits, level 50 PvP there are still clueless halfwits, but they have better gear than you.

You must not have been playing at 50 for very long. I can tell instantly when I'm facing a new lvl 50, even ones with full cent gear, I mow them down, it's a joke. You need full champ gear to be competive at this point in end game pvp, anything less and your just fodder. Make no mistake in TOR GEAR IS EVERYTHING. its more important then skill, its more important then build, it's everything. Hence why Mercs can get away with spamming tracer over and over.

Edited by Sullydog

Trust me man, quitting is NOT a BAD choice. I left and have never looked back. I still hop onto these to sit back and slowly watch the mass EXODUS that is right around the corner.

LOL stop making excuses. You are just bored with nothing to do with your life which is why you are in this forum. So you want everything to fail just so the failure that you are won't feel so alone.

Edited by xxdragonragexx

You must not have been playing at 50 for very long. I can tell instantly when I'm facing a new lvl 50, even ones with full cent gear, I mow them down, it's a joke. You need full champ gear to be competive at this point in end game pvp, anything less and your just fodder. Make no mistake in TOR GEAR IS EVERYTHING. its more important then skill, its more important then build, it's everything. Hence why Mercs can get away with spamming tracer over and over.

So much fail in one post, but you have been crying all over the forums. Kudos

Edited by Moosestick

The problem with fresh 50s isn't really JUST about the gear, there's also a gigantic skill gap between the 50 battlegroup and the 10-49 battlegroup.

In the 10-49, you're playing against players @ lvl <20. A lvl 20 doesn't even have half of their abilities yet and don't even have half their talent trees filled. A marauder doesn't get his core abilites till 40 (31 talents), an Ops @ 36(Hidden Strike), assassins @ 40(voltaic strike). On the flip side, Powertechs and Mercenaries get all their toys very early on(tracer missile, most of their Defensive cooldowns, Prototype particle Accelerator Talent), and sorcerors get most of their core abilities before lvl 20. It isn't really an even playing field and you have a MUCH easier time against certain classes than you do @ 50. Beyond that, there are plenty of random newbies that try to pvp, so the overall skill level in the 1-49 bracket is very low. Beyond that, almost all the players do not play w/ a PROPER PVP spec(although some 50s don't use'm either). I've seen plenty of sorc dps that don't spec 13/madness or sorc healers that don't spec healing/18. The reason why most players don't spec correctly is because they need to lvl on the side and/or they probably just don't KNOW about the proper cookie cutter PVP specs.

*Yes, you can still top dmg meters @ lvl 20 (i do all the time on my lvl 20 ops), but thats more you outplaying terrible opponents then a true test of skill. I can't count how many times a noob player will just turn their back towards my ops giving me free backstabs :/. Similarly, a fresh 50 can outplay a geared battlemaster in the same way(don't whine, i do it all the time on my powertech who only has orange gear with all purple 50 mods)

@ 50, every1 at bare minimum knows how to play their class(how can they not? they've spent 40+ hours with them). @ 50, everyone has the full set of tools available to them w/ their class. The players play w/ much higher skill and at a much more even footing. Yes, BM gear does give you a SLIGHT advantage(the gear has <5% better stats then Champion), but really, most of the people getting owned in the 50 bracket is just getting owned by better players.

Also, please remember that BOLSTER is ALSO GEAR dependant. If you have purple mods/gear of your equivalent lvl, you will automatically have a significant advantage over most players in the 1-49 bracket. I twinked my powertech @ 45 and 49 for a good while w/ all purple mod/enhancements/armorings/barrels. I had 16k hp and regularly crit for 4k and just mowed down everybody.

Edited by mistrfantasy

Don't forget that you can do Belsavis and Ilum dailies that will give you purple mods. They also net you at least 100k+ credits per day, which you can use to purchase purple gear and mods from the GTN.

Where do you turn in the Daily commendations for doing those quest in Belsavis? I look all over for that.

Blah blah blah, I'm oblivious or I'm blatantly lying about the imbalance. That's all I read in your post.........

Interesting to see the replies.

Me, the original poster, has not yet given up hope yet. I have done the weekly (grinding 150 crates, who the #$%&*$% hell designed this?!)

Now I have 2 champ items and 5 centurions with 302 expertise. Q's aren't firing at the moment but we'll see.

Still the overall feeling I get is that it's severly lacking in the fun department.

Oh, and healers suck and are OP :)

i dinged this week and i run the same spec.

What you have to remember is you're a melee class. so you have to get in the thick of it to do any damage. as a new 50 you do no real damage and cant take any damage. so the experience is horrendous.

im geared up now, and i still cant really kill much. but i can guard people, i can debuff enemies to reduce their dps and my overall feeling of usefullness is rising.

im not bad at holding people off at doors and objectives till support arrives too.

The pvp in this game is a myth. You hear about it but never are able to actually see it.

Hahaha so true. I am playing the game only cause of the people from my guild. I have no joy pvping here.. Maybe cause i like world pvp the most.

Its INSANE how fast you gear up in this game. Why u even QQ like this, i dont understand. Its not hard to get geared up.

U also was overpowered before u went underpowered ie level 49 to 50 bracket. I guess u would stay OP in the level 49 killing level 10s all day long so u can have some "fun".

Its must be to hard for you to play 1 week so u get 600+ expterise on ur level 50 toon right? i mean, u should get full t1-t3 PVE and PVE gear the first day u ding 50. I feel so sorry for you, must be hard to whipe all those tears all the time.

Gear progression is quick.

I had plenty of impact on lvl50 games as soon as I dinged. I was sure I wouldn't, I was ready for a really unpleasant grind, but I was surprised to find I could do damage and hold objectives against at least half of my opposition. PvP after 50 has been more fun than 1-49 for me.

Keep playing.

.......If you wasn't expecting to be hit by a wall of gear difference just after you hit 50, then MMO PvP is not for you as it will be like that everywhere.

Somewhat of an elitist comment here I think. Not everyone has played 10+ MMO's and even those that have might not have PvP'd before.

To tell someone that it's not for them just because something unexpected happened is wrong.

And your comment is contradictory, NEXT time in another MMO he will be aware of the gear difference, will it make him any better? will it make it any more fun.... who knows.

You have basically told him that because he wasn't aware of the grind he shouldn't PvP...... you think thats right?????

Regards