Who else wants a Flashpoint queue?

The_Edge_Ender

The queue would encourage jerk behavior aswell. Why be repsectful if you are never going to see these people again?

Why join a guild if you can do everything solo? Recruiting would be rough.

There is no good reason for a queue. Ever. Don't have time for friends? Play your Xbox.

whats the difference between wating an hour spamming LFG to find a jerk who will need everything for his companion and a LFD tool?

Also, not all the guilds have a lot of players, and even if it where the case a lot of the players are doing different things, your guild is not a pool of players who are sitting idle waiting for you to pick them. I can ask for my guildmates for a tank, healer or dps but most of the time they dont have the time or are busy doing something else.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not want a WoW style queue.

I do not want antisocial behavior incentivized.

Buffs for grouping with strangers, open looting systems that reward people for looting gear they have no use for, extra rewards for just completing the dungeon, all of these provide positive reinforcement for players who:

1) Do not bother to even speak to the people they're grouped with, let alone know who they are or care about them in any way.

2) Feel frustrated if a dungeon takes any longer than the least possible time.

3) Feel not just okay about, but obliged to roll on every piece of loot that drops regardless of whether or not they can use it - if they don't, someone else will, and loot they CAN use will be rolled on by other people anyway.

4) Feel no reason to perform the best they can, even as they demand perfection from the others in their group.

I do not want a WoW style queue.

I do not want antisocial behavior incentivized.

Buffs for grouping with strangers, open looting systems that reward people for looting gear they have no use for, extra rewards for just completing the dungeon, all of these provide positive reinforcement for players who:

1) Do not bother to even speak to the people they're grouped with, let alone know who they are or care about them in any way.

2) Feel frustrated if a dungeon takes any longer than the least possible time.

3) Feel not just okay about, but obliged to roll on every piece of loot that drops regardless of whether or not they can use it - if they don't, someone else will, and loot they CAN use will be rolled on by other people anyway.

4) Feel no reason to perform the best they can, even as they demand perfection from the others in their group.

While your points are valid, why does it bother you that it would be an option? You could still spam gen chant for an hour if you want or ask your guild to group with you. With that said, having this option would be much better for people playing on low pop servers, people that play at odd hours, people that want to do other things while they wait for a dungeon queue, etc.

I've played WOW for a while now and trust me when I say that you do run into jerks with this tool a lot. But, if I have to pick between running 6 FPs over the course of a weekend and having a couple ruined by jerks Vs maybe being able to get 1 FP done due to lack of willing players... well, I choose the 4 out of 6. I just rerolled on a heavy server due to this very thing. I got tired of sitting on a fleet with 20 people hoping someone would pass through that was willing to join a group. I'm sure there are tons of other people in that same boat.

ONLY if its same server only

if the rest of my server had more accesibitly without being stuck in fleet there would be more than enough to run content, cross server q stuff kills community

It doesn't kill community. That argument has already been made ad nauseam and been effectively debunked.

The community as you like to call it on MMORPGs have and always will revolve around your guild and your friends, and the presence of a cross-server LFG tool will in no way diminish your ability to group with them.

A bunch of bored frustrated people spamming for a group on general chat doesn't build community, w/e you may think.

While your points are valid, why does it bother you that it would be an option? You could still spam gen chant for an hour if you want or ask your guild to group with you. With that said, having this option would be much better for people playing on low pop servers, people that play at odd hours, people that want to do other things while they wait for a dungeon queue, etc.

I've played WOW for a while now and trust me when I say that you do run into jerks with this tool a lot. But, if I have to pick between running 6 FPs over the course of a weekend and having a couple ruined by jerks Vs maybe being able to get 1 FP done due to lack of willing players... well, I choose the 4 out of 6. I just rerolled on a heavy server due to this very thing. I got tired of sitting on a fleet with 20 people hoping someone would pass through that was willing to join a group. I'm sure there are tons of other people in that same boat.

exactly HOW am i going to group up with chat spamming if all these people are gettin locked to these dungeons with the lfd anyways?

again , no one would group given that its probably "easier" for them to just Q up and go do other stuff...

the mere availability of a cross server lfd tool would downright kill any possiblilty for a group to form outside of it for flashpoints....

sso basically once its implemented , i HAVE to use it whether i want to or not

make it same server, and i promise there will be enough people to group up, they just dont wanna stand at fleet to do it

It doesn't kill community. That argument has already been made ad nauseam and been effectively debunked.

The community as you like to call it on MMORPGs have and always will revolve around your guild and your friends, and the presence of a cross-server LFG tool will in no way diminish your ability to group with them.

A bunch of bored frustrated people spamming for a group on general chat doesn't build community, w/e you may think.

and every agrgument FOR it has also been debunked and deconstructed with valid points too

frankly , it doesnt outright kill community , but it DOES KILL any INCENTIVE people have to ACTUALLY BUILD community, get it?

make it same server only and i dont have a problem, make it cross server and were back in wow where you dont even know 90% of the players on your server because they are all playing with other people from other servers on a Q ....get it?

and every agrgument FOR it has also been debunked and deconstructed with valid points too

frankly , it doesnt outright kill community , but it DOES KILL any INCENTIVE people have to ACTUALLY BUILD community, get it?

make it same server only and i dont have a problem, make it cross server and were back in wow where you dont even know 90% of the players on your server because they are all playing with other people from other servers on a Q ....get it?

No they haven't. And no, I don't get it at all. I have yet to hear one credible reason why it kills communities, which you yourself just admitted it doesn't do.

And there were plenty of guilds on WoW after the cross-server LFG tool was put in place. I was still in a guild and we still did scheduled events and I still had friends and I still talked with them on vent ect ect ect ect....

You are just wrong. It doesn't kill communities, nor does it restrict the building of communities in any way.

All it does is give players the option to access group content when not enough of their friends are online to do it. Nothing wrong with that. In fact, that's a good thing - especially considering how boring this game's endgame is from a solo perspective.

Everyone would rather group with friends and players they are accustomed to playing with rather than strangers. That's common sense, and they will still attempt to do so when ever possible. However, there are many times when it isn't possible - and an effective LFG feature is nice to have for these such times.

Edited by JeremyDale

exactly HOW am i going to group up with chat spamming if all these people are gettin locked to these dungeons with the lfd anyways?

again , no one would group given that its probably "easier" for them to just Q up and go do other stuff...

the mere availability of a cross server lfd tool would downright kill any possiblilty for a group to form outside of it for flashpoints....

sso basically once its implemented , i HAVE to use it whether i want to or not

make it same server, and i promise there will be enough people to group up, they just dont wanna stand at fleet to do it

how about you just run with your friends then? or maybe find a guild!!!

I bet they are willing to run without the lfd tool. You know cause of the good community and stuff.

like it or not cross server lfd will come once people are fed up enough.

It is a horrible idea. Anonymity alone w/o any repercussions is what the LFG tool will produce. I think as an alternative BW should merge shards, it wouldnt even bother me to have a 5min que to login during peek hours.

The LFG tool will be more work, long que times, break community down, and eventually people will just drop greed/pass options, and we will need all loot to compete w/companion/vendor need looters.

The benefit to no LFG tool atm stands as a sort of repercussion for harassment, ninja looting, and overall jerk force field../ignore on a shard will add up over time, the "jerk" will be left with difficulty finding groups.

-Merge 2-3 shards together

-Global lfg (could be already, run with guild so idk)

-open AC change (do it for like 1mil creds or something)

-open dual specs within a AC

problem solved, while retaining the community

It is a horrible idea. Anonymity alone w/o any repercussions is what the LFG tool will produce. I think as an alternative BW should merge shards, it wouldnt even bother me to have a 5min que to login during peek hours.

The LFG tool will be more work, long que times, break community down, and eventually people will just drop greed/pass options, and we will need all loot to compete w/companion/vendor need looters.

The benefit to no LFG tool atm stands as a sort of repercussion for harassment, ninja looting, and overall jerk force field../ignore on a shard will add up over time, the "jerk" will be left with difficulty finding groups.

-Merge 2-3 shards together

-Global lfg (could be already, run with guild so idk)

-open AC change (do it for like 1mil creds or something)

-open dual specs within a AC

problem solved, while retaining the community

I just don't understand this paranoia about cross-server LFG tools. I really don't.

I admittably ran into a few jerks while using the one in WoW, but it was no more or less than the amount of jerks I ran into from pugs I picked up from the server. In fact the a-holes who remain most visible in my mind were from my server lol So overall it worked really well and the few bad apples I met were in the extreme minority.

So basically most of the players I ran into from other servers were just fine. The killed stuff, tanked stuff, and kept me alive. This paranoia is unjustified in my mind, and if you don't like it you don't have to use it.

The so called community thing doens't make no sense to me, and I'll never understand why people think having to spam the chat channels = community building, but w/e - people are entitlted to their opinions, no matter how ridiculous I think they are.

I just don't understand this paranoia about cross-server LFG tools. I really don't.

I admittably ran into a few jerks while using the one in WoW, but it was no more or less than the amount of jerks I ran into from pugs I picked up from the server. In fact the a-holes who remain most visible in my mind were from my server lol So overall it worked really well and the few bad apples I met were in the extreme minority.

So basically most of the players I ran into from other servers were just fine. The killed stuff, tanked stuff, and kept me alive. This paranoia is unjustified in my mind, and if you don't like it you don't have to use it.

The so called community thing doens't make no sense to me, and I'll never understand why people think having to spam the chat channels = community building, but w/e - people are entitlted to their opinions, no matter how ridiculous I think they are.

Exactly.