Huttball needs to die and be completely replaced

Trebexx

Huttball is one of those "good idea, bad execution" things.

Sounds like a good idea, "you can pass the ball". However it ends up being much less fun and much more frustrating.

1. It extremely favors ranged. They can sit there and cast on you continuously as you try to run away. As melee, if you hit someone, they drop down a level or run into the vents. If you follow in the vents, you'll never got the right way. However, with ranged, if u run in the vent. They cast on you the whole time you're in the air and unable to do anything. I can't tell you how many games the other team just puts 2-3 sages on their rung over the middle and they completely dominate. There's a fine line between coordinated and broken.

2. Melee are severly under-represented. In order to get somewhere, you have to run around the whole map, or try the air vent (which usually takes 4-5 tries, as ranged are beating the sh** out of you.)

3. LoS sucks. Ranged are still OP b/c they can move slightly, but healers get stuck will heals not going off. Anything casted (not instant or channeled as most dps casters are) is f***ed by crappy environment LoS.

4. Premades take this WZ to a whole new level. I always end up against premades who just roll my face. The amount of coordination required from random people is stupid.

5. Some classes are far too OP'd. Sages can shield and sprint thru fire and lava. Grip and stun into lava/fire is dumb and only available select few. Gripping allies make the notion of passing unnecessary and actually a bad decision. Knockbacks are also very OP and ruin the game more often than not; especially since they barely raise resolve.

6. Passing the ball is broken. If you happen to accidentally drag the mouse when u click the throw button, you will pass it when you release; which is VERY clunky and an unfortunate mistake since you've also ****ed your camera in the process.

How about when you pass the ball from stun/utility? If you click somewhere to pass it, and you get gripped or stun'd, you will pass it to that same ORIENTATION, not position, but orientation of the ground target to the player.

If I click 10m in front of me, but I get gripped 20m in front of me, I will pass it 10m in front of me. So, instead of the 10m I originally intended, i pass it 30m in front of my original position (oh and the ball disappears so you can't even tell where the F it went.)

This is by no means a complete list, but just what I've seen and can remember right now. This makes a great disparity across how classes perform and how much fun they have.

It has taken you guys (SWTOR/Devs) long enough to fix silly bugs like gripping into spawn points and crap that should have been there from day 1. I wonder how long it will take you guys to fix this broken WZ.

The worst part is, I really stuck up for you guys. I told everyone I knew that this was going to be a bada** game. I had a lot of faith. That has since crashed, burned, and turned mostly to hatred. Unless s*** changes SOON, I'm cancelling.

You have said that the response to PvP has been more than you thought. So, you should put more development time/effort into it. I don't see this, which shows your lack of ability to listen to the player base and community as a whole.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a tank spec vanguard I find that the more I play Huttball the more I like it. I'm getting kind of tired of Alderaan / Civil War, though.

Inevitably one or two people get stuck standing around for the whole Civil War match. In Huttball and Voidstar there's always something everyone could be doing.

Meele seriously get the shaft in this gamemode, especially considering my only move to close any gaps between me and the 400 caster types on the other team is to leap, and as soon as i leap i am either A) knocked right back to where i started, or B) knocked back into the fire/acid

I'd return to PvP if there was a way to take Huttball off the potential Warzones to be queued in.

As a melee class with zero knockbacks, this is the most tedious, unfun piece of garbage Scenario/Battleground/Warzone I've played in since Tor Anroc.

Edited by McVade

Force ball is total crap. zero teamwork... all class based.

lmao.

Could not be more wrong.

It's the warzone where working as a team instead of just as 8 skilled players is most important.

That's not to say different characters don't have different roles. There's not 16 balls in Huttball, we can't all be the ball carrier.

lmao.

Could not be more wrong.

It's the warzone where working as a team instead of just as 8 skilled players is most important.

That's not to say different characters don't have different roles. There's not 16 balls in Huttball, we can't all be the ball carrier.

Not as important as making sure these classes are either ranged or have knockbacks/grapples. Only classes with those get to have fun. Fortunately for Bioware, that's more than half of them.

Force ball is total crap. zero teamwork... all class based.

Maybe that is why you hate it so much, because Huttball is by far the most team oriented pvp scenario i have ever played. Everyone has something they can/should be doing.

Everyone i find is effective if they know how to play thier class strengths in the scenario. I play a Sin as main and a Jugger alt, and i love Huttball.

This is how all pvp scenarios need to be designed as it really makes it a ´team´ effort.

The people that hate Huttball are just interested in # of kills or big damage.

You can have a team of inferior geared players that play togather well cake walk a team of BM that dont play togather at all. Strategy for a pvp scenario at its best.

lmao.

Could not be more wrong.

Huttball is just about which team has the premade with the most sorcs/sages and a few vanguards/guardians to run the ball and drag people into hazards. Every other class/AC is pretty unneeded/unwanted/sub-par. Hell the current meta seems to be stack the guild with nothing but sorcs and BH's because they do everything and do it better in every area.

Not as important as making sure these classes are either ranged or have knockbacks/grapples. Only classes with those get to have fun. Fortunately for Bioware, that's more than half of them.

Don't mistake your results for everyones.

My Powertech is technically ranged, but realistically I need to be in 4m-10m range (and have no pushback).

My jugg alt is melee and has no pushback (leveling alt - no force push yet).

I enjoy the warzone on both and generally score on both chars too.

However - scoring is not the only part of the warzone. For all you non-ball carriers you should be stopping their ball carriers, harassing their players, CCing when appropriate (i.e. not maxxing their resolve bar just before they get to the line or just before a hazard), as well as picking off key enemies like healers, seperating tanks from their squishies, etc.

Huttball is hands-down the best warzone in the game.

For the love of God do not remove it.

QFTT

Leave it the hell alone, people just need to learn how to play it.

I equate most people ************ to that of a high school football team ************ about football sucking because they played against the Giants or Patriots.

Don't mistake your results for everyones.

My Powertech is technically ranged, but realistically I need to be in 4m-10m range (and have no pushback).

My jugg alt is melee and has no pushback (leveling alt - no force push yet).

I enjoy the warzone on both and generally score on both chars too.

However - scoring is not the only part of the warzone. For all you non-ball carriers you should be stopping their ball carriers, harassing their players, CCing when appropriate (i.e. not maxxing their resolve bar just before they get to the line or just before a hazard), as well as picking off key enemies like healers, seperating tanks from their squishies, etc.

I enjoy Huttball on my Mercenary Alt and my Jug Alt as well. Unfortunately, they aren't my mains.

For Sentinels, this map is the worst designed piece of garbage I've ever played. Show me a Sentinel who's having fun in Huttball, and I'll show you a guy who sits in the middle farming kills... because I've given up trying to make a difference doing anything else with that class. Figure, at least, I can take 1 of the enemy's players out of the game every few seconds.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work for me because I enjoy playing the objectives and fighting in the middle doesn't win Huttball games. Then again, trying to do objectives as a Sentinel is about the worst thing you can do for your team. Attack the Ball Carrier? Enjoy 2 seconds of DPS before you're knocked/pulled into fire/acid or simply out of the fight. Run ahead and try and get a pass? Get zerged down by respawning enemy team while the Stealther on your team decloaks in a strategic spot before the enemy can react and does what you failed miserably to do.

Edited by McVade

I am correct.

Force run, Force leap, extricate > Anything a Merc of Agent has.

> at doing what?

Carrying the ball perhaps. But, as I have said, there aren't 16 balls in Huttball, there's just the 1. Not everyone needs to carry the ball.

Learn your role and learn to play and huttball is very good.