Bye Bye bag system (and other changes)

alement

Hello new commendation system!

"Gladoss, titdiscus, Leoran: What do you plan to against Warzones’ AFK, more particularly about players who leave Warzones ? Will there be sanctions for this type of behavior?

Gabe Amatangelo: It is not sanctioned behavior. In Game Update 1.2 we will be making changes to the Warzone rewards system, which will de-incentivize this type of behavior. This will include the removal of the interim bag/quest system, the introduction of the direct purchase of gear from Warzone and Ranked Warzone commendations, 14 new objective-based medals and participation scaling the rewards. Additionally, players will have the option to vote kick idlers. Kicked players will not be able to re-queue for several minutes."

http://www.swtor.com/node/313694

I, personally, am really excited about these changes. I HOPE it works out as intended.

That is all.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Gladoss, titdiscus, Leoran: What do you plan to against Warzones’ AFK, more particularly about players who leave Warzones ? Will there be sanctions for this type of behavior?

Gabe Amatangelo: It is not sanctioned behavior. In Game Update 1.2 we will be making changes to the Warzone rewards system, which will de-incentivize this type of behavior. This will include the removal of the interim bag/quest system, the introduction of the direct purchase of gear from Warzone and Ranked Warzone commendations, 14 new objective-based medals and participation scaling the rewards. Additionally, players will have the option to vote kick idlers. Kicked players will not be able to re-queue for several minutes."

I, personally, am really excited about these changes. I HOPE it works out as intended.

That is all.

I bet this change completely breaks something unrelated. Just a hunch.

That is all.

So now there really is NO incentive to win at all. Medals will be everything. Time to roll a tank or healer.

I hope its like other MMO's in terms of allowing that said player xx sec to get into PvP combat, other wise it could be abused by some.

Fore example vote kick a player who is not geared or may not be as talented as others. Or kick some one because for whatever else reason other than being afk.

Wait a second lol, anyone else see the potential for people being vote kicked out of spite?

I did think about that, but unless the person is a troll, the ranked Warzones will probably help with that. Battlemasters shouldnt be queued up with Valor 10s, so they wont kick the Valor 10 out.

It COULD happen, but I think it will be rare.

I'm sure BW has thought about a way to fix afkers vote kick system so that it will not be abused. Perhaps a timer is placed once enough vote is in, something a player has to type in, player has to be moving x distance.

Will someone find a bot or macro program around it? yeah most likely. But that's just an inherent problem all MMOs face.

Wait a second lol, anyone else see the potential for people being vote kicked out of spite?

Not if a mechanic is on place proving the character is interactive. Without bot'ing this would be easy. At least only the most extreme exploiters would manage such a thing and would be an extreme minority.

Was my first thought on this. If for some reason you get on a team with others who "pwn at pvp" and believe you are inferior and no good to them then you could be kicked and then unable to get back into a warzone for several minutes... could be used in bad ways if you ask me

The only problem I see with the vote kick is going to be low levels getting voted out, unless there is a way to prevent that. Some games have an afk vote to kick but it is stopped as long as the player does damage within a timer, they are also notified that they have been voted out due to inactivity when the timer starts.

Just looks to me this will be abused if not implemented properly.

The only problem I see with the vote kick is going to be low levels getting voted out, unless there is a way to prevent that. Some games have an afk vote to kick but it is stopped as long as the player does damage within a timer, they are also notified that they have been voted out due to inactivity when the timer starts.

Just looks to me this will be abused if not implemented properly.

Ranked Warzones are being implemented.

People are not going to be kicking others who are trying to help. This is just a once a night scenario that is going to be overhyped and grossly exagggrated on here.

I'm sure it'll take 3 or 4 votes to actually kick someone.

I would be willing to bet it takes a minimum of 5 votes (majority of op).

People are not going to be kicking others who are trying to help. This is just a once a night scenario that is going to be overhyped and grossly exagggrated on here.

I'm sure it'll take 3 or 4 votes to actually kick someone.

It better take more than that or premades will be able to vote kick whoever they want :\

The only way a vote kick situation works is if 7 people have to vote yes (and if you don't vote it's counted as a yes, that way 2 afkers won't make it so you can't vote them out.)