Dots preventing turret capture...

Orangeaccord

While I use Dots to keep people off of turrets if I'm going to die, I agree.

It's a stupid, stupid system.

It's almost as stupid as the short, direct speeders to side nodes on Alderaan.

But, while it's in, I'll still use it. But it just seems stupid to be able to reinforce a node so quickly.

This is coming from a Repub that wins 90%+ of my matches (Rubat Crystal). I feel so stupid zerging a turret or defending with a DoT on the rare occasions we have stiff competition. I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to those trying to take those nodes time after time.

Dots preventing a cap is a good strategy and there is nothing wrong with it...

However I think the duration of some dots in this game could be shortened, for example

http://www.torhead.com/ability/69ayITP/incendiary-round

18 seconds is kinda OP when guarding a node, I have been able to successfully hold off multiple people in alderaan solo forever spamming this on everyone, dieing, speeder back, wash rinse repeat.

Edited by Surgin

Make DoTs wear off if/when the caster dies and/or when the caster or target gets out of combat. Of course, then we'd need Vanish not to take you out of combat. This would actually help put out some more realistic numbers for damage done at the end of the round, too.

Problem solved.

Edited by Absit

Dots preventing a cap is a good strategy and there is nothing wrong with it...

However I think the duration of some dots in this game could be shortened, for example

http://www.torhead.com/ability/69ayITP/incendiary-round

18 seconds is kinda OP when guarding a node, I have been able to successfully hold off multiple people in alderaan solo forever spamming this on aeveryone, dieing, speeder back, wash rinse repeat.

Exactly. It's pure cheese tactic.

Like I said, I play to win, so I do it.

But it should not be an option.

And don't even get me started on DoTs I can't dispel keeping me out of stealth for 15+ seconds when that caster I just killed used his last GCD to DoT me up. Again, if I were a caster, I'd do it. It works. But it's still stupid overall. Zero tactics/strategy. Just dot/die/ride/dot/die/ride/etc.

Make DoTs wear off if/when the caster dies and/or when the caster or target gets out of combat. Of course, then we'd need Vanish not to take you out of combat. This would actually help put out some more realistic numbers for damage done at the end of the round, too.

Problem solved.

The out of combat regen ability everyone gets should remove dots. Then DoTs still stop capping while people are in combat, but once you clear a node it doesn't matter if you have the right class to cleanse the particular DoT off.

really...

dispell, force shroud, do whatever. there are numerous ways to negate dots, crying on the forums isn't one of them.

Exactly. I fail to see the issue other than some people not understanding or utilizing their toon's abilities to counter other toon's abilities.

That works too.

While we're asking for stuff, since the out of combat regen buff regens energy/force/whatever for everyone else, can we make it build focus/rage for JK/SW?

No, the out of combat heal returns resources to the default at a quicker rate, so Warriors should lose rage/focus faster when using it! :p

I'd say DOT application could still break capture channels, but the resulting tics definitely shouldn't.

18 second DOT + 8 Second capture channel means that as a Sage/Sorc I can successfully keep you from capping a node for 26 seconds in one GCD from 30 yards away. No cooldown either so I can do it to your buddy, and his buddy too. Without your side having an aware healer or Cloak (more likely to not have one than have one in my experience) I can just run away and do whatever and keep your form capping without even being there. That's broken by itself, add side speeders in Alderaan and it's hilariously bad.

Can't even tell you how many Voidstars and Alderaans I've won by just tab dotting and running away, then repeating. Borderline shocked that this is still possible.

Let me clarify because some people seem confused. Dots damage/application is fine. Watching a single sorcerer guard a node against 3 people who can't dispel force dots because affliction lasts 21 seconds and he can ride from the spawn back to the turret to refresh... that's what I'm talking about. There's a reason they changed this in World of Warcraft domination a long time ago.

if the target dies, dots should stop otherwise dots are okay imo.

In open world pvp, you have 300 hp left after killing someone who applied a dot on you and you died because maybe they had all their DD damage abilities on CD or they knew it was their last resort. Does it make sense for the DoT to just remove itself and not complete the skills indicated damage? No, it doesn't. It's part of a classes skill set, it's no different than someone going into stealth to get away if they are close to death and deny their opponent the kill. Or a Warrior popping that annoyimg shield at low health and then killing someone who was at 50% health because they dont know how to counter or avoid it. Are you stating that said abilities are unfair in PvP? Should we remove all these abillities because you deem them as an advantage?

Seriously, stop complaining and learn how to avoid and adapt to these situations or maybe PvP isn't your thing.

Edited by venjinze

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.