Anyone else feel like CE was a rip-off

Kaoci

Anyone else feel like the Collectors Edition was a waste of money?

The reason why i ask is because well lets put this way the speeder bike only lasts till 25. The Mouse Droid isnt the best looking companion in tor and again can be won in a raid just with different looks. The Holodancer doesnt last long. The Holocam is pretty much screenshots and the Targeting thing can be bought in game with a different visual. And also pretty much all in the CE digital items was buyable in the Digital Deluxe eddition.

Also the Collectors Store is the biggest waste of time ever there is 1 armour set which btw if you arent a pistol or rifle user looks stupid, There is Only 1 companion Customisation kit for your first companion unless you are sorc then you got 3 and all the Companion kits look rubbish except Khem Vals.

Also the fact that the Digital Deluxe was £60 and had every digital item except the collectors store and the mouse droid just pretty much shows that we have been ripped off.

Because the Non Digital Stuff isnt worth £90 for example the art book id say is worth £8 the Statue is about £40pounds the CD id say £7.99 and the Authenticator is prob worth £5-10 and the Map is worth £2.

So thanks alot bioware the only reason i Bought the Collectors Eddition because it was said that the Collectors Store was Suppose to have items and Visual Looks that you cant get anywhere else in the game? So bioware if you do intend to make the CE actually worth the payment Upgrade this please or maybay even give us a Speeder bike for All the skills not just training 1.

May i also ask what anyone elses opinion on this is?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else feel like the Collectors Edition was a waste of money?

The reason why i ask is because well lets put this way the speeder bike only lasts till 25. The Mouse Droid isnt the best looking companion in tor and again can be won in a raid just with different looks. The Holodancer doesnt last long. The Holocam is pretty much screenshots and the Targeting thing can be bought in game with a different visual. And also pretty much all in the CE digital items was buyable in the Digital Deluxe eddition.

Also the Collectors Store is the biggest waste of time ever there is 1 armour set which btw if you arent a pistol or rifle user looks stupid, There is Only 1 companion Customisation kit for your first companion unless you are sorc then you got 3 and all the Companion kits look rubbish except Khem Vals.

Also the fact that the Digital Deluxe was £60 and had every digital item except the collectors store and the mouse droid just pretty much shows that we have been ripped off.

Because the Non Digital Stuff isnt worth £90 for example the art book id say is worth £8 the Statue is about £40pounds the CD id say £7.99 and the Authenticator is prob worth £5-10 and the Map is worth £2.

So thanks alot bioware the only reason i Bought the Collectors Eddition because it was said that the Collectors Store was Suppose to have items and Visual Looks that you cant get anywhere else in the game? So bioware if you do intend to make the CE actually worth the payment Upgrade this please or maybay even give us a Speeder bike for All the skills not just training 1.

May i also ask what anyone elses opinion on this is?

It was rubbish and alot of the community appears to be in agreement from previous posts I have read on this matter. The C.E. Vender is useless.

CE have always been a rip-off, unless you gotta have that art book, miniature, collector cards (which never see the light of day), or bonus sound track (which will be on Youtube). Even the in-game items have always sucked (low level junk that will have 2 days worth of use.).

I like my CE, but it was a luxury purchase in my mind. I bought it for the Statue mostly, so the IG items don't really bother me.

That said, I use my speeder all the time on the toons that have got to 25 and the other stuff was nice to have.

I looked closely at the CE and knew exactly what I was getting, so I have no complaints. I had no expectations of uber gear from it, because I bothered to read up before making my selection.

I love the physical stuff in the CE, specifically the statue (I am a collector), the journal, and the soundtrack. If it didn't have those I never would have bought it.

Same here. I bought it for the statue only but I read the Journal and it's really great. The map I don't care for since it feels like one big sticker. If only the codex could have been printed so I can read the whole since I hate reading it on my computer.

Same here. I bought it for the statue only but I read the Journal and it's really great. The map I don't care for since it feels like one big sticker. If only the codex could have been printed so I can read the whole since I hate reading it on my computer.

Yeah the journal was amazing and the statue was just good.

Lol, you and me both. Hell, I felt the waiting in conjunction of the suckiness of this game was a waste of four to five years of my life.

Pretty much, it amazes me that anyone can release an MMO this bad and in these times. Honestly I don't get it lol.

Pretty much, it amazes me that anyone can release an MMO this bad and in these times. Honestly I don't get it lol.

I only hope that they fix it, but I have given up on that and am just counting this as an overall loss. C.E. + 3 months subscription + Me = Unhappy Customer. It may have been ok for a single player game but not an MMO.

same. waste of $100.

I figured the special CE vendor would atleast give us something special, instead its armor i can't use (downgrade from rakata) and a few 1.5m speeders that are the exact same as my SOA mount.

How dare the collectors edition not offer you the option to purchase armor with better stats than the best stuff in the game. That is bull****! We paid extra money we should get the best in the game period. I think you should report Bioware to the BBB this is an outrage and shouldn't be taken lightly.

Oh and don't get me started about the DDE speeder that looks nothing like the SOA speeder. It's merely a cool looking reskin of the pvp valor 65 and social X speeders! AND it should not simply be rank 3 110% like all the others it should be faster dammit!!

On a side note thank god this wasn't a blizzard product we would've only have gotten the mouse droid and nothing else lol.

Edited by Fan_Atic

I'm sorry, but if you bought anything that says "Collector's" on it and expected it to be anything other than a chintzy rip off I have a stunning suspension bridge for sale. The one thing you can do to guarantee something will never be collectible is to write "Collector's" somewhere on the package.