The trooper ship

skaidar

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

***??? At least it symetric

Symmetry is overrated, not to mention bland.

The Defender's interior is by far the worst designed in the game, it makes no sense and has no efficiency to the layout - nothing is easy to access. When you're talking about a combat-oriented vessel, you want to be able to access all major parts of the ship in as little time, and with as little movement needed, as possible (of course, in this game that doesnt matter, but from a realism standpoint it's a big issue).

The only ship that really has an efficient internal layout is the Mantis, all of the others have too many unnecessary junctions and corridors to deal with.

looks like garbage. also looks as if you actually applied thrust to it where the engines are, it would spin like a top. all the weight is on the right side. (consult the rules of inertia, which exists even in a vacuum) this design is not only ugly, but it would never work.

IMHO, there's some sense built into our BT-7. First off, a lovely bit of artwork for our brickship (check the other ones he's done, too) :

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/9bc74787-26e4-4845-b48b-d8cfb53f0850/d35ppns-e0297250-902d-42f5-ba06-d8ad85c815ae.png/v1/fill/w_900,h_673,strp/swtor___bt_7_thunderclap_by_doctoranonimous_d35ppns-fullview.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NjczIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvOWJjNzQ3ODctMjZlNC00ODQ1LWI0OGItZDhjZmI1M2YwODUwXC9kMzVwcG5zLWUwMjk3MjUwLTkwMmQtNDJmNS1iYTA2LWQ4YWQ4NWM4MTVhZS5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9OTAwIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.8HMRze8YN6pHR_rv9ypakHGGe2EmrFdXrfa9_W-d-xw

I'd note that in part, extending the two "blaster wings" on the side helps in more than one way. Shields don't handle focused hits from multiple angles as well, and putting the extra mass of two guns out to one side helps balance the load. It's not as pretty, but it definitely shows a philosophy we'll see later in the more complex B-Wing.

I really hate the color of the walls. Really not the shade I would want for a trooper. And the lighting inside is like a cruise ship, it needs to dark with dirt and grime all over the place. And there a way, way to many chairs for only a couple of people onboard.

coming from having an 50 operative, the trooper ship is much more rugged and practical than the operative ship. The first few times I got on the thunderclap i literally was getting lost with all the levels, since it wasn't such a straight forward design as my operatives x-70b. after looking around the ship more it has grown on me. When i say practical it has actual sleeping quarters unlike my operatives ship which only has one bedroom for the captain. For an assault ship I think it should have wide doors so troops can get in and out quickly.

I despise it.

Its the most generic thing I've ever seen. I also despise it.

Before you say that trooper ship is ugly, go and check bounty hunters ship.

At least the BH ship has a feeling of symmetry and sturdiness. The trooper ship looks like its made out of cardboard.

Edited by EliteSeraph

Symmetry is overrated, not to mention bland.

The Defender's interior is by far the worst designed in the game, it makes no sense and has no efficiency to the layout - nothing is easy to access. When you're talking about a combat-oriented vessel, you want to be able to access all major parts of the ship in as little time, and with as little movement needed, as possible (of course, in this game that doesnt matter, but from a realism standpoint it's a big issue).

The only ship that really has an efficient internal layout is the Mantis, all of the others have too many unnecessary junctions and corridors to deal with.

You are completely overlooking what makes the Jedi ship the best ship.

You can go from the flight deck to the exit door in like 2 seconds, or vice versa.

all the rest of the ships you have to run around the inside, but the jedi can get to the door so fast it will still be showing the light speed junk when you click to exit.. lol.

looks like garbage. also looks as if you actually applied thrust to it where the engines are, it would spin like a top. all the weight is on the right side. (consult the rules of inertia, which exists even in a vacuum) this design is not only ugly, but it would never work.

I think it looks fine. But I would advise you to not care about the Physics of Star Wars. X wings don't work TIE fighters don't work almost none of the ships would work. Star Trek pushes it most of there stuff wouldn't work and they make an effort where Star wars doesn't.

That typo made me fell like an Idiot.

Edited by IroquoisPliskin

Really? Symmetry? Is that a requirement for good aesthetics?

I was so disappointed when I saw the ship at first, until it took off, and the wings folded out, and I was thinking oh my gosh, that's amazing!

It's artistically an earlier model of the B-Wing. I think it looks very cool, especially in a barrel roll.

I think it looks fine. But I would advise you to not care about the Physics of Star Wars. X wings don't work TIE fighters don't work almost none of the ships would work. Star Trek pushes it most of there stuff wouldn't work and they make an effort where Star wars doesn't.

That typo made me fell like an Idiot.

why wouldnt they work? Babylon5's Star Furies look a lot like the Xwings, and J. Michael Straczynski consulted JPL to see if their scientific ideas and designs were plausible.

jedi/ bh ships are my least favourite.

Best ship is the sith: flat , easy access to every room, no wasted space.

Trooper ship is obviously meant to house a squad, I think it's the one with the largest interior.

IA ship is best looking on the outside, on the inside it's way too long.

Scoundrel ship , while looking good on the outside has roo much wasted space on the inside.

and btw, I don't dislike any of them , I just like some of them more.

You'd think we'd have choices? Like choices in appearance of gear, ship, interior decorations? Nope. This is an MMO, there is no choice. You just take what they feed you and like it. Edited by Calei

I like things to be symetrical, so even my gunslinger's ship is annoying as well. I like the BH one though heh.

This.

Humans are symetrical beings so we have a deeply rooted prejudice against anything that isn't symetrical. Still, I like the trooper ship. It's cool when something is different and doesn't follow an expected pattern. Aren't there enough things in SWTOR that do?

I actually really like the Thunderclap. The only two ships that I like better are the Fury and the Phantom (in order). It isn't the best looking ship in the game, but it looks like something a soldier would fly. Also, it looks better than the D5, what more could you ask?:sy_havoc:

Hate the exterior but like the interior. I never get lost in my troopers ship but get lost in my Jedi ship all the time. The only positive to my Jedi was mentioned above that getting from the flight deck to the door is FAST. Also constantly get lost while visiting my Smuggler friend's ship...

Basically, it comes down to never letting me lead. I have a horrible sense of direction. :D