Official Q&A Thread for February 24th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im using the mmo wow gaming mouse from steelseries and i was just wondering if anyone realized that only the first 5 mouse buttons work in game and i was wondering if there was a plan to fix this issue id really like to use all the 14 buttons on my gaming mouse

Hi,

Simple one, is there any chance you Devs are looking at doing a Random Heroic function? IE join a queue for a Heroic and those looking to do the same one join?

Would be a really good idea especially as there are so many Heroic Quests in game.

Many thanks for your time :D

In the Republic Fleet, at the supplies section on the far left there is a NPC named RL-4, who seems to be a mission giver who starts a cutscene when you right click on him although he has no yellow triangle over him. It seems that Jedi Consulars who have completed Act 2 are able to get this cutscene, which repeats whenever you right click on said NPC.

Will this be part of future class storyline content?

If so, when will we be able to get our hands on this potential new story?

Are there any plans to implement the ability to transfer settings--preferences, chat settings (including custom colors and custom channels), and keybinds--from one character to another, using savable settings profiles, the option to share settings between characters, or by other means?

Thanks, and thanks for doing the Q&As!

this may be a repost of my same question oh well

My question is this .

When do you plan on giving Powertech Tanks better skills to hold and keep threat in general, ATM we have VERY lackluster skills and skills like Grapple are useless in HM's and OPS due to not being able to be used in Cover or on mobs that can't be yanked. I feel like I almost gotta bust my hump to keep threat in HM's and Ops , maybe more skills that generates High Threat would fix this problem.

Thank you

Can you please explain, in detail, what the indented design philosophy and goal of the crafting system was ie: how you expected people to use it, how you expected and how fast you expected people to be able to obtain Prototypes and Artifacts from it, and how giving commendation upgrades and orange gear fits into the overall scheme and itemization of the game.

Thank you

Could we please have just an estimated time frame for the implementation of SGRA's to the game (this doesn't need to be an exact date just a rough idea) and a few details regarding how they will be implemented, i.e; Will they be added for existing companions/future companions/random world NPC flirts?

Are there any plans to provide graphics to "Invisible Stat-Stick Wieldable" items that currently have no presence in the game world? Imperial Agent/Operative Vibroknife slot items, Scoundrel's Scattergun slot, offhand Focus and Shield Generators etc.... in some cases (such as the Operative) the signature/primary weapon, the Vibroknife slot item, is invisible holstered, unable to draw/wield, and has no bearing on animations, leaving classes the rely upon them to have extremely limited visual progression that really makes many classes feel unfinished.

Furthermore, if this is fixed I hope that all the classes incapable of equipping pistols (ie. Imperial Agent again) will no longer magically generate a generic pistol on the hip during every conversation, and instead will use their Vibroknife or whatever primary or secondary weapon they can actually equip instead.

I've written about this more extensively here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=268729

This is a big concern with the tanking community.

It is known that both Tech and Force attacks, which consist of the most widely used attacks used in PvP, completely bypass all defense stats. Because of this, these stats (Shield, Absorption and Defense) are less than desirable. We were told pre-launch that Tanks specifically would be useful in PvP. However, thanks to this mechanic everything we build ourselves around is essentially negated by the majority of classes found in PvP. Unless you count the few seconds of "uber" we have if we blow all of our cooldowns at once.

So my question is:

Since both Tank gear and a large chunk of Tanking talent trees focus around survival and buffing these survival stats, which are by and large neutered in PvP, will BioWare be doing something to bring Tank spec'd characters more in line with their DPS counterparts who are completely unleashed/unrestricted in PvP?

In the Warzone Huttball Baron Deathmark makes it very clear Cheating is ENCOURAGED. Relating to people that cheat, do you stand by what Baron Deathmark says and allow people to cheat in huttball? And do you plan on changing Baron Deathmark's words?

Last week, many players asked about the upcoming Legacy features, one being about the new races being added for character creation. Many of us already have many alts and may have held off on them until something like this made it to the live servers. I have to say, for me, a token or somesuch item would be desireable for already created characters when this comes in.

Please confirm/decline new race availability to already existing characters.

Thank you.