Official Q&A Thread for February 24th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps I am spoiled by a certain heroic mmo (no the one that is older then WoW called City of Heroes) but could you possibly consider putting in a GLOBAL chat system so we can "find" (holds both hands up in an expression of PLEASE) each other in this game by PLAYER vs toon by toon system that currently exists (especialy since a certain "offline friending" bug seems either to be unfixable or so low on the fix list as to be forgotten.... ?

Please and thank you.:) currently the guy I talked into comming over to this game from heroes can't friend my toons nor I his unless we happen to be on them at the exact time the "Friending" is attempted. Bug would be a non issue with a global pal system in place.

This is not meant to be a hate post or anything. It's just a brilliant game feature that could do nothing but help this game's playability and enjoyment as a social game/mmo for all players, and since it exists in only one game that I know of, it might not even be a thought in the minds of most of your players as something a game like this CAN do.

I dunno, maybee CoH trademarked it and nobody else "Can" do it. If not though... then why not inpliment it? One can always /globalignore annoying or unwanted player attentions. (shrug) And oh my word... it makes finding your pals to play with on any server/any faction so fantastic it's beyond description.

Cheers!

PS: I probably made this too long and kinda asked 2 questions at the same time. Forgive me. :)

It has been suggested that in legacy 1.2 all we will get is currently playable species for more class. Do you really expect this to be enough to get people to reroll and why are not more exotic species such as the ones suggested in any of the many playable species threads which seem to get a lot of support.

Such as.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=161688

When can we expect to see same-gender romance options (both companion/flirt) implemented? 1.3? The first expansion? Is there any information available on -how- this content will be implemented (current companions made romance-able, new companions only, etc.)

As you may or may not have noticed, most of us really like the companion system and would enjoy their company in a group or raid setting. Do you plan on ever allowing us to use our companions on a less... limited basis, such as it is?

Are you in the works to implement an option to select the headgear option to "Off" only for conversations? Like when in a conversation with a companion, so we can see our character's facial reactions during conversations, and still have that awesome headset during combat.

When do you intend to put some work into in-game sound? As of now many of us have a problem with missing sounds (ie elevator sound - i can hear it rarely, droid servomotors - actually never heard it, others lightsabers - can hear them only in flashpoints not in the world) and sounds that suddenly cut off (ie speeder sound - very often stops playing completely until remount).

Many people complain that world seem dead and i think sound issues are big part of the problem.

Most the Miraluka's eyewear clips horribly with head gear and does not look pleasing. Are plans in place to add a way to change our eye wraps?(After our characters creation) If yes, are there plans for additional eye wraps?

It makes sense that Miraluka should be able to change what they wear over their eyes, as it's simply a piece of clothing and not apart of their body.

Edited by Ehlin