Have you wished you had rolled a Sentinel?

SoulstitchMMO

I have both, i love both.

both have different roles and different playstyles... (well some similarities sure but its a lot faster pace on sentinel it feels :p)

you have 8 character slots, instead of wishing you had rolled a sentinel, why dont you use one of the other 7 and just make one?

both have different roles and different playstyles... (well some similarities sure but its a lot faster pace on sentinel it feels :p)

you have 8 character slots, instead of wishing you had rolled a sentinel, why dont you use one of the other 7 and just make one?

Because the games story and leveling is the worst in any game ever and I i've done it 3 times already I couldn't bring myself to do it after this last time.

+1

I made a guardian and a marauder. I enjoy them both. I didn't really like my Guardian at first, but as I started to get used to the Focus mechanics, it became more entertaining. As a Guardian, I can soak up ridiculous amounts of damage, it's easy to get medals in warzones. I have to work a bit harder with my Marauder, but, I love being able to single out and bleed people to death :)

Because the games story and leveling is the worst in any game ever and I i've done it 3 times already I couldn't bring myself to do it after this last time.

Space bar brah...space bar.

Hardest part for me making alts is the lack of a speeder >.<

Yes definately -i wish i had rolled a Sentinel in the first place.

I wanted to play an iconic single saber DPS - thats why i went with Guardian.

Rerolled from my Guardian to Sentinel and never looked back.

Ok i miss my Force push and Unremitting :)

Got ya.Thats why i leveled only with the Main quest and Warzones.

Edited by Sabredance

I think you posted this in the wrong forum. I assume you meant to post it in the WOW forum, or frankly anywhere but here.

Levelling in SWTOR is more immersive, less of a grind and far far more entertaining than any other MMO i've ever played. And i've played a lot of them over the last 12 years.

EQ, EQ2, DAOC, DDO, LOTRO, Anarcy Online, COH, EVE, WOW, AOC, AC, GW, WAR, SWG

I'm still gonna stick to Jugs and Guards even though it's the weakest class in the game because I have faith that one day we will be able to do something productive in the PvP without working our assess off.

Don't get me wrong, I do well in Warzones I'm always in the top damage dealers as a Vigilance build averaging 8+ medals a game but I feel that I have to play exceptional most of the time to break 200k damage.

Other DPS classes don't have to try as hard and have a lot more room for error, Guardians have to be perfect.

I fully support people laughing.

Even ones without a clue about class performance.

Focus Guardians are actually really good. Sentinels are great to but really Focus Guardians are totally viable. You just have to weigh the pros and cons of the guardians utility or the sentinels speed/damage. They play different, they might both be melee DPS but they don't have the same roles.

Talking about pvp. I don't have a clue about PVE.

Edited by Dystopic

I think you posted this in the wrong forum. I assume you meant to post it in the WOW forum, or frankly anywhere but here.

Levelling in SWTOR is more immersive, less of a grind and far far more entertaining than any other MMO i've ever played. And i've played a lot of them over the last 12 years.

You apparently haven't leveled more than one class. Every single class follows the exact same formula and the quests on the planet don't change, at all. By your 3rd or 4th you'll realize that watching nothing but repeats.

You have to understand that, for some, any quest that takes more than .000001 seconds to accept is too much strain on their attention span. These types of people would prefer all characters start at max level, because questing is a "chore".

Just calling them like I see them. If someone gets offended by my comments....good. :eek:

Focus Guardians are actually really good. Sentinels are great to but really Focus Guardians are totally viable. You just have to weigh the pros and cons of the guardians utility or the sentinels speed/damage. They play different, they might both be melee DPS but they don't have the same roles.

Talking about pvp. I don't have a clue about PVE.

Does anyone else find it peculiar that these forums are overrun with PvPers complaining about "this and/or that class is bad".

One of 2 things is going on here, I think. PvE'ers don't come to the forums, or PvPers are just a whinier lot than most.

Just my observation.

Does anyone else find it peculiar that these forums are overrun with PvPers complaining about "this and/or that class is bad".

One of 2 things is going on here, I think. PvE'ers don't come to the forums, or PvPers are just a whinier lot than most.

Just my observation.

2. It's like this for most mmo's. Judging by the forums you would think pvp was the sole focus of any mmo.

Just my observation.

Yes there are a lot of whiner's. Especially on the PvP forums, but not all of them are on here complaining because they got beat/frustrated/pissed off, there are some real concerns about classes. Actual problems need to be addressed, other then complaint's being made. Most come on here just to vent, when it would be better to make a Solution or bounce ideas around to help alleviate the problem until it's fixed (If it is a problem.)

One of the main reasons why I want to play a Jedi Guardian was the general consensus that were weak (in comparison to other AC's), and were useless/complicated/frustrating/too complex/too hard.

For me, I see it as a personal challenge to try and do good with a class that so many look down upon and call "Lackluster" or the "Underdog.". It's more fun that way! (atleast for me.)

PvE players also come on here to complain as well, most are dissatisfied with the fact you can't beat a normal Mob (1 silver + 2 norm's) without losing half your health without running Doc as your pocket healer. That is what the PvE'rs are complaining about.

Edited by VragonBral

• 2 weeks later...

There's so many freaking Sents on my server. I'd roll one to try it out but, whenever I need some Sentinal DPS, one appears.

meanwhile... my healers are invincible and all the imps are doing 30% less damage, while one of their healers is getting solo'd by me after I threw it out of healing range of the other imps near the objective... and then hey look a sentinal (usually right before I hit dispatch) to help me kill this healer real fast then off to get a new one to kill.

Im pretty happy with my DPS guardian...

The grass is ALWAYS greener...

Amen to that brother. I barely know anyone who doesn't complain about how OP all the other classes are no matter what class they rolled. My friend who is a sage complains that Shadows/Assasins are the most OP thing on earth even though I, as a Guardian,, have no problem dealing with them 1v1 whatsoever as long as gear is equal. On the other hand I have huge issues dealing with snipers that are in elevated positions and he pretty quickly just murders them. It's all just game balance. The game was designed to be a team experience and the issues that one class has is balanced out by certain other classes.

On that note. I love my Guardian and wouldn't change it for the world. Except for the retarded looking PvP gear I love it. Fortunately they're going to change it so that in the future you'll be able to throw your PvP mods AND armoring into whatever orange gear you want. I'm REALLY looking forward to that.

My alt is a Guardian, and frankly, I haven't once wished he was a sentinel. Primarily because a certain douchebag Sentinel in my guild was showered with free **** (as my guild is prone to do with its own members) and then left to join the server's zerg guild and proceeded to strut around like a condescending ****** after getting carried to full rakata despite being Combat specced and unwilling to hold his DPS in check for the sake of aggro harmony because the game didn't have a threat meter. Edited by Onager

If I was a soloer, then absolutely. Sentinels do far more DPS with much more survivability.

However, luckily, I spend every moment of playtime with a duo'd Consular healer, and I get a kick out of protecting her. We're also a ready-made team for any flashpoints, and can steamroll all Heroics, 2s and 4s, without even bothering to CC.

Edited by clearsighted