Dose anybody actualy RP on RP servers?

ravenhrt

Im tired of trying every RP server and all i find is a bunch of players that do nothing but PVP. Nobody on RP servers RP anymore. every time i try to RP with a guild they always yell at me for RP or if i try to say hi to somebody in RP they tell me to F-Off with that RP crap.

ITS AN RP SERVER FOR BLEEPING SAKE

this is getting on my nerves, swtor is a game for story and fun but nobody seems to care about the story or care to make there own. if you wanna PVP only thats fine, but you have your own servers, leave the RP servers to the few of us who actually take it seriously

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See, this is why we make OOC friendships and organize RP, Out-of-character, and then RP. Trust me, it's easier.

Welp, that's all I've got, aside from maybe the idea that their characters are naturally rude and potty-mouthed, and respond that way to everyone they meet. :p

Seriously, see if your RP server has a Site or active area on SWTOR-RP,

They do a little. It takes a little work finding a guild that'll do it with you. I'm in an RP guild on Ven Zallow, an RPPvP server. We work with other imperial guilds as well as republic guilds to schedule rp events where battle one another (like, the imp guilds vs repub guilds). We do non-pvp rp stuff too.

My guild, Aeternum Ascension, is a huge RP guild, and we have RP events every week, along with PvP nights and dueling nights out at Outlaw's Den. RP isn't dead, but it is kinda rare to see. But my guild, it happens almost everyday, whether face to face with another character, or in a channel chat with a setting in place.

I actually play on the Ebon Hawk too, and yeah nobody RP's. I am one of the PVPer's and I will admit I never really RP. However I really like to be around RP'ers because it adds to the game experience and if somebody tries to talk to me with RP I usually respond to them in a RP manner for their enjoyment.

Typically people join RP servers because they think it's a "more mature" crowd. Really with nothing like a naming or chat policy the server is a normal PVE server. I myself do with tho that anybody that has a problem with RP would just not roll on a RP server.

My main enjoyment in an MMO is pretty much always PVP, but I don't really like the typical PVP crowd and sometimes I don't feel like being flagged so that's why I don't play there.

I jump in and out of character so much, I'm just better off playing solo, or with friends that joined at the same time and do the same thing. I feel it's difficult to just go full RP when all we've got is the in game chat, which is not ideal if we're fighting and our characters are trying to taunt or throw cheesy one-liners out.

Also, I only realized that there are RP specific servers after I already started on a different one. And yes I know I can be on multiple servers, but RP isn't a priority for me, unfortunately. Definitely don't say no to other people playing RP, though!

Dont just expect to find RP waiting for you. You actually have to put in a bit of effort yourself and look for it. Show some initiative, it is definitely there, even on RP-PVP servers, but you just need to look a little beneath the surface.

Join your server's RP channels, post in the server forums, look for scheduled events, try to join an RP guild, go to cantinas, or even try to start some RP yourself.

Im tired of trying every RP server and all i find is a bunch of players that do nothing but PVP. Nobody on RP servers RP anymore. every time i try to RP with a guild they always yell at me for RP or if i try to say hi to somebody in RP they tell me to F-Off with that RP crap.

ITS AN RP SERVER FOR BLEEPING SAKE

this is getting on my nerves, swtor is a game for story and fun but nobody seems to care about the story or care to make there own. if you wanna PVP only thats fine, but you have your own servers, leave the RP servers to the few of us who actually take it seriously

i have a few alts on Trask Ulgo, you just have to ask around a bit for RPers, but its a healthy community from what ive seen, but i plan to bring the RP to the Darth Malak PVP server too, because i can:cool:

Imagine if everyone on RP servers were actually roleplayers. That'd be heaven, but unfortunately that's not the case. The people who roll on our servers because they are more mature are the people who ruins it, and it isn't fun saying that because I know a lot of non-rpers that are good people.

However, the best way to find RP is to have the courage to spark RP yourself. I've done so lately, simply sitting for myself somewhere and doing /emotes, writing something that my character might do like.. browsing the inventory of some cantina, for example. It doesn't always work and sometimes it attracts non-rpers who will undress and dance on the table next to you because they are such a fun bunch of people. Ignore them.

Also, remember that it takes courage to approach other RPers. If I see someone alone writing /emotes for him/herself, I'll first need to come up with a reason for my own character to approach him/her. Otherwise it may just turn into a long, awkward silence and that isn't fun for anyone.

Just the other day, me and a friend went around chatting on the promenade in Nar Shaddaa and it only took 5 minutes for a member of the opposing faction to approach us and do RP. Was fun :> (this was on the server Lord Calypho).

I dont want to start a flaming accuse here - I just wanted to add my own experiences since I started to play SWTOR.

There are two ways to gain access to special gear ingame - PVP-Gear through Valor points and Social Gear through social points.

Well, since I'm a big RPG fan, I never liked PvP. If I want just fighting others then I play SW Battlefront 2. I joined SWTOR for the storymode and team-based taking down boss enemies. Reason why I picked a RP-server from the start. It might be only me but everyone I meet there has no understanding of RP. They team-up for heroics and split as soon as it's over - and mostly even before return to quest giver. Thats why I dont have much social points and being far away to obtain some funny stuff - Sandpeople Clothing on Tatooine social vendor for example needs social rank III !!! I never went beyond 300! This is ridiculous.

At this rate I dont know if I want to play this game any further.

A hilarious side note: A lot of players quit WoW to play this game. C'mon guys, do we really want WoW players here? People who played WoW for years believe it is a Online RPG !?!

I would say less so.....

If one of you guys know how to RP in this game and is open to let me join then I would glady switch server and create a new toon.

May the lag be with you...always

I gave up on RP-ing in public when I got flamed my name was not RP enough and some elite self-claimed pro RP-ers were bashing on the newbees that wanted to try to RP.

"because they were not good enough".

The image that all people on RP servers are mature is overrated, met too many people who went bashing on the new kid on the block because he was new in RP and took the effort in RP-ing but "he was nab and should learn to RP". Trust me, bashing on someone's RP-ing is not helping to make a RP community.

I always though it were PVP-ers that went L2P and omg baddies but it seems some RP-ers also went down the bashing lane.

Edited by Kirameki

I actually found a role playing partner on Begeren Colony, and we're always up for RPing with other like minded individuals. We have our own little plot going, but we usually RP through Flashpoints and what not.

You can contact me, Joradan Aveneos or Zoenora Sessions, if you're interested in joining us.

And just to add, you're not the only one who's tired of it. The general chat on carrick is nothing but PVPer's whinning and moaning about their matches and blah blah blah, and all I ever here is "Oh, well I'm here because it's more mature...", why don't you go to a PVP server and set the example in stead...

Just my 2 cent rant.

I'm on Ebon Hawk. Like others, I have seen very little roleplaying aside from a few dance emotes.

I have gotten lucky ONCE..I'm playing a Light Side Jedi Consular and I ran across a Darth on Hoth. We had a snarling emote fest that was great fun (but alas, he was 7 levels higher than me and I wasn't about to suggest a duel! I may be good, but I'm not stupid!) Point is...it was fun. I wish there was more like that going on.

Any time I've seen people attempt to roleplay, they usually do it in general (if they aren't doing it in private with a specific player). They get flamed for doing it in general, so it's no surprise they stopped trying at all.

I love roleplaying, but I try to get my fix of it with actual tabletop gaming instead now.