Sorc stun going through active full resolve bar

Aarex

When is this going to be addressed?

Also, Turrets in Ilum are still broken. You fixed the bug where they disappear but the bug where they are there and just not intractable is still present.

With the dramatic number difference in this game, those turrets are the only way republic players can stay competitive in ilum throughout prime time.

Edited by Aarex

When is this going to be addressed?

Never.

Seriously though, I have never had my Electrocute or Whirlwind work on a target with full resolve. The blind that you can spec for on Backlash will work on targets with full resolve, but that works for every similar ability in game not just Sorcerers.

This is the Sorcerer forum though and your crying would probably get more attention over in the pvp forum, they have plenty of tissues to hand out.

Reminder: the Resolve bar only visually goes to 800, but doesn't go immune until 1000. If you drop an 8 second Mez or 4 second stun on someone, they get 800 resolve, and their resolve bar will visually be full (but not white). They'll need at least 2 more seconds of Mez, 1 more second of stun, or a knockback to exceed 1000 Resolve and go immune.

Lol you made me laugh ... i tend to hit the stun button even when they are imune and never ... not even once did they get stunned.

You must have mixed up something ... probably the bubble blind or the whirlwind aftershock or something.

Please test stuff before you go and flame about it on the forums ... people already hate us poor sorcs and such claims aren't helping :(

Ok, here's how Resolve works. It's a bar that visually shows up at up to 800, but in reality is effectively unbounded in size. CC adds Resolve at the following rate:

Knockbacks: 400

Stuns: Duration*200

Mezes: Duration*100

Note: stuns and mezes generate their full Resolve on application, not over the duration of the effect. A mez generates the full amount of Resolve even if broken early.

In addition to the above, any effect that pushes a target to or beyond 1000 Resolve will generate 150% of it's normal resolve (so a stun would generate 300*duration instead of 200*duration).

If the target has not exceeded 1000 Resolve since the last time their Resolve bar was at 0, they are still susceptible to CC, and their Resolve bar drains at a rate of 25 resolve per second (starting at the end of the last CC they were afflicted by). Once they reach 1000 or more, they are immune to all CC and knockback (with a couple exceptions) until their Resolve bar reaches 0, and it drains at 100 per second starting from the application of the CC that pushed them over 1000.

Example:

Target has 0 Resolve

Target hit by knockback (+400 Resolve)

Target has 400 Resolve

12 seconds pass (-300 Resolve)

Target has 100 Resolve

Target hit by 4 second stun (+800 Resolve)

Target has 900 Resolve (Resolve bar is visually full, but target is not immune yet)

Target hit by 8 second mez (+800 Resolve, exceeds 1000, 50% bonus resolve, +400 Resolve)

Target has 2100 Resolve

Target becomes immune to CC/Knockbacks

Target begins to lose 100 Resolve per second

Thus target will be immune to CC for 21 seconds since application of the mez

21 seconds pass (-2100 Resolve)

Target has 0 Resolve

Target is now vulnerable to CC

This, by the way, is why careful metering of CC is required. If someone casts a 4-second stun on a target just as I Whirlwind him, the flag carrier gains 800 Resolve from the stun, then 1200 Resolve from my Whirlwind (8 second mez at 50% increase Resolve, or 150*duration), causing him to be immune to all CC for the next 20 seconds, even though he only ate in net a 4-second stun (which he might immediately have trinketed and thus only eaten a second or two of).

Edited by Daellia

causing him to be immune to all CC for the next 20 seconds,

Unless they fixed something in the last month (haven't really logged on), the immunity is only to stuns and long-term CC.

The immunity does not apply to a) force charge root b) sorc root from top tier madness spell and similar rooting effects and c) blind from the shield collapsing (not sure about this one).

Also not sure whether or not it works on knockback root since it makes people immune to knockbacks, but I am not sure if it would make them immune to the 2ndary effects (the root).

I can personally vouch that sorc stuns do NOT work through resolve.

Perhaps you're referring to the 2 second ROOT that sorcs get at 31 point Madness talent? It's a root that does not stun you, you can still cast through it and, of course, you can Purge it yourself or have it done for you.

The 2 second root bypasses resolve, like a multitude of other abilities from other classes do as well.

The immunity does not apply to a) force charge root b) sorc root from top tier madness spell and similar rooting effects and c) blind from the shield collapsing (not sure about this one).

Roots are not considered CC effects by the Resolve system, nor are snares. Effects that are uncontrollable (example, Backlash) will often still work through a full Resolve bar.

That's simply not true. It works as shown above, people just do not understand the mechanic. Until someone throws out some evidence that resolve is bugged or not working properly then it's all hysteria and misinformation. Resolve is not random, it's actually fairly simple math.

The only issue I see with Resolve is that the bar isn't long enough. It should be a bar out of ~2000 max, with a visible line at 1000. It's nearly impossible to get someone's Resolve over 2000 anyway (technically, up to 2199 is possible, but capping it at 2000 wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing). The current setup is confusing, as the bar caps even before the target goes immune, so it's possible to see a full bar on a target that isn't CC-immune. Edited by Daellia

The only issue I see with Resolve is that the bar isn't long enough. It should be a bar out of ~2000 max, with a visible line at 1000. It's nearly impossible to get someone's Resolve over 2000 anyway (technically, up to 2199 is possible, but capping it at 2000 wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing). The current setup is confusing, as the bar caps even before the target goes immune, so it's possible to see a full bar on a target that isn't CC-immune.

And even that, while I agree with you, is still a fairly minor issue. The bar being full at 800 is still easily distinguishable from when it actually turns white at 1000. I do agree that the resolve bar should show past 1000, but it certainly isn't game-breaking.

Once again Daellia, thanks for your informative post, I appreciate you helping to clear up some of the misinformation floating around here.