Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Thank you BW!! Really Ty ;)

StanTastic

For implementing a penalty to WZ quitters!

Today I have enjoyed the plentiful amount of forum tears with people saying " I should be allowed to quit because" blah blah blah; suck it up Sally time to man up and not look for a team to carry you!

Only people that have a slight right to complain is the people with frequent crash's/ bad interwebz; but that can ( for the most part) be fixed with a little self effort.

Awesome job; thanks for improving my gameing experience in WZ's!

I have one word for you - GATORADE!

Stock up on it, and start drinking it pretty heavily. You need to hydrate yourself, to prepare for all the weeping you're going to do on this forum when all these quitters turn into AFKs instead, just like you've always wanted.

I have one word for you - GATORADE!

Stock up on it, and start drinking it pretty heavily. You need to hydrate yourself, to prepare for all the weeping you're going to do on this forum when all these quitters turn into AFKs instead, just like you've always wanted.

See, vote kick would fix this. Leave a wz 30 min punishment. Get vote kicked out, 1 hour punishment. :p

lol if my team sucks I will just afk, alt tab to browse the internet and tab back to hit my space bar to avoid afk detection until the game ends.

no big deal really but it will take longer to get dailies done.

Those of us AGAINST this, aren't defending it as it currently is because we quit WZ's...I don't. I defended the "No Penalty" system because I'm afraid we'll have a ton of jackholes like this guy replace the quitters.

But...looks like it'll change in 1.2. Great...

One would hope that they'll make an effort to fix the safezone kicks (joining a WZ in progress - don't load in time to get out the door, speeders don't spawn in the ACW safezone, etc.) prior to just penalizing people who get kicked from a WZ for no fault of their own.

I don't leave WZs as a rule (I left one once), but I'd much rather that BW create a new incentive system that rewards gameplay and achieving objectives rather than take the easy way out with a debuff. I think the unintended consequences of this decision will be significant and cause further damage rather than fix the problems. Leaving is a symptom of a problem, not the problem itself. Edited by Bamajawn

a vote kick would be nice but hopefully it wont get abused..but imo im glad they are making a penalty for quitters but if they were to implement a vote kick system the person who got kicked get a 30 min timeout but the only thing im scared about a vote kick system is the a*******s in the the game that will abuse that system (people do stupid things for stupid reasons)

What is this talking about?

Is this talking about 1.2 removing the daily requirement to win thus encouraging players to stay 'till the end?

Patch 1.2, among many other PvP changes, will remove the reliance on daily quests for your gear progression (and therefore increasing the value of the commendations you get for playing a match to the end) and penalties for quitters.

I don't leave WZs as a rule (I left one once), but I'd much rather that BW create a new incentive system that rewards gameplay and achieving objectives rather than take the easy way out with a debuff. I think the unintended consequences of this decision will be significant and cause further damage rather than fix the problems. Leaving is a symptom of a problem, not the problem itself.

Exactly.

Too many issues with players hacking, exploiting, WZs kicking people, Getting trapped in the spawn area then kicked, falling into the void star canyon and not dieing, etc etc etc

Fix all the other issues then just don't give peeps the opion to leave.

Debuffs / lockouts for WZs is totally stupid idea in the face of all the other game issues.

HAHAHAHA implement a Kick system, you have to be kidding me, go ahead do it, but all you new 50's with no gear you wont get into any wz cause us people who are geared and want to win will boot you as soon as you enter the match.....

Brutal Idea ......

Edited by ChaoslegionX

Too many issues with players hacking, exploiting, WZs kicking people, Getting trapped in the spawn area then kicked, falling into the void star canyon and not dieing, etc etc etc

Debuffs / lockouts for WZs is totally stupid idea in the face of all the other game issues.

Perfectly said. Could not agree with you more. I have no problem leaving when there's an exploiter.

Exactly.

Thanks for bringing exploits up. They are a tremendous disincentive in PvP. I take the stance that people want to PvP and enjoy it. Get the enjoyment factor in there and remove the disincentives and the problems go away. Good managers know that they will get whatever their incentive system is set up to reward. Right now, the incentive system is badly flawed and rewards afkers, exploiters, and those who leave WZs. I think we all agree that leaving WZs is a problem, but we disagree on how to fix it. I think punishment is a very short-term strategy and won't solve anything, even in the short term.

Edited by Bamajawn

Give me /kick PLEASE.

Then when a newbie joins with crap gear, or a player you know sucks we can kick them.

Furthermore, if that guy that keeps talking about alienware computers in general chat joins we can kick him too, since we just don't like that guy.

Lastly, the ugly psycho chick that everyone hates... we can kick her out too.

The game will slowly, but surely get better. :rolleyes:

If your character don't move in a WZ for 30 secs - auto boot. Pretty damn simple.

I've never seen a player stand still in a warzone for THIRTY seconds.

Yes. Do tell.

If the OP is correct, then this is good news.

Now we just need a Filter to select out WZs and a Vote/Kick.

While I like the idea, why happens when you want your 2nd group in the same WZ, vote kick everyone else. Like when they rolled premade Alrerac Valleys and tried to trick people into using the "summoning portal" so more spots would open.

HAHAHAHA implement a Kick system, you have to be kidding me, go ahead do it, but all you new 50's with no gear you wont get into any wz cause us people who are geared and want to win will boot you as soon as you enter the match.....

Brutal Idea ......

No no no by all means do it. Im of course geared up so it wont affect me. lol...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.