Massive healing problem in Swtor.

Sullydog

Thought you said Mercenary and Commando wasn't mirrord...?

They aren't mirrored, but as I've now said twice in this post, both need to be looked at.

you tell me Eekoo, are they mirror?

They are as mirroed as Sage/inquisitor (which isn't very much)

Edited by Sullydog

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Your problem is that you're trying to take on a geared healer solo. I'm not debating your combat skill here, but lets look at tactics and design. My main is a BM sorc in a dps spec for reference.

Healers by their nature are going to be the center of attention in pvp, at least when dealing with inteligent and experienced pvpers. In the premades I run with the healer will die very quickly to focus fire without support, and will often be taking fire from 3 or more players. Without the other member's control and mitigation, the healer dies uselessly and can't contribute meaningfully, where a solo dps or tank can cause significant issues.

The healers by their inherant nature MUST be at least paired with one other person to do ANYTHING.

Against enemy healers we essentially work a divide and conquer scenario. Our powertech will pull the healer away from close support. I'll whittle him down and interrupt/ be a pain in the dick. Our marauder will time a burst with a stun. Healer dies because he wasn't properly supported.

If i'm soloing a healer, I may need to grab a Snickers because neither of us is going anywhere for a while. But if that healer has to focus on keeping himself alive vice moving/healing his team, I've done my job in effectively disabling the most important aspecft of the enemy team in denying its most powerful suppor structure, even if I don't have the satisfaction of a kill.

Healers require a team contribution to break, because without them the team breaks. Work on your team coordination.

So says the class with 600 expertise that gets rolled constantly due to focus fire. Try again bub.

I guess it's just a "l2p" issue on your part, bub (can I add that clever little thing at the end?)

Edited by Sullydog

i completely understand the value of keeping a healer busy while his team gets demolished because hes self healing...

but should a dps coass nit be able to take healers 1v1?

thats like the whole point of the rock.paper.scissors

dps kills healers

healers outlast tanks

tanks roll through dps

but right now its like...

dps can kill other dps. or a healer if you catch them with 10% health and stun them

i iknow its exaggerating. but sometimes it feels like that when a healer is outhealing 1-3 people lol

btw people that think bh is op healer... youve obviously not played a class with heavy armor

the difference is non existent because the lighter classes get other things to even it out

sorry but im a commando myself and not bad at it, but 2 people on me means im dead unless they just suck. Hell a marauder/sent can solo me easily.

Obviously how fast i die is up to what class's they are and if they are working together properly.

Im also abysmally slow at killing anyone in a 1v1 since i have to spend so much time healing myself instead of dpsing.

I litterally went almost 11 min in a fight with a sorc today on ilum until his buddy showed up to help him and kill me (sucks cause i almost had him dead).

If nobody touch's me and i focus completely on healing, yes i can keep 4-5 people healed during a wz brawl, but as soon as a competent dps class gets on me im stuck healing myself. Commando is a very weak class compared to most since our strongest builds require us to stand still and become sitting ducks to a proper team.

I guess it's just a "l2p" issue on your part, bub (can I add that clever little thing at the end?)

Yes because this thread is about people who cannot kill healers. I could say L2P too? Focus fire, interrupts, and healers die. It happens to me all of the time. I know how to play my class very well and I'm well respected on my server. I'm sorry you're so bad that you cannot comprehend using interrupts and focus firing a healer. I can't argue with a wall so I will stop here.

May the bad be with you.

Taking down a healer should be a team effort.

No dps should be able to kill a healer single handed.

Playing a healer in Star Wars atm are really unsatisfying because of the massive AoE damage 3-4-5 k crits I as a scoundrel healer have 1 AoE hot crit-ticking for 8-900 to counter this...ANY dps whining about healing should try play just 1 warzone as healer!..or even worse heal an ops in Ilum.

i completely understand the value of keeping a healer busy while his team gets demolished because hes self healing...

but should a dps coass nit be able to take healers 1v1?

thats like the whole point of the rock.paper.scissors

dps kills healers

healers outlast tanks

tanks roll through dps

btw people that think bh is op healer... youve obviously not played a class with heavy armor

the difference is non existent because the lighter classes get other things to even it out

So according to you healers shouldn't be able to kill anyone? A DPS alone should not be killing healers, at least not very easily, it should be a looonnng fight.

I agree with the heavy armor though, it really does nothing. BH are the best single target healers in the game, if a single DPS could kill them then there would be a problem.

i killed a merc yesterday. heal spec, full champion gear. am i some sort of pvp god now?!

I can say that I simply don't have the energy + regen to kill a heal Merc. My energy + regen / damage ratio isn't enough to kill them. And, that is my f'in job. Like, that is all I'm good for and I mathematically can't do it.

Actually, coordinated teams with healers are beastly pre-50 too. You won't get any argument from me about that.

But it would help somewhat in most situations if more team leaders marked the healers and if more players actually took note of those markings (they're kind of hard to miss!).

If the marking system wasn't an absolute Piece of Trash, I would mark people. Without clickable nameplates and a good targeting system, I have to resort to getting into melee range, right clicking the bottom portrait and finding the menu and clicking the mark. Not having bound marks is just plain 1999 and just slows down PvE and PvP.

all classes have weakenesses , why dont you try to understand them and USE it to beat them? , you know the merc cds? you look at merc hit to know when he can or cant cast? you control their instant heals to know if is the right time to interrupt or not , you make sure that you are in a good position so the knockback doesnt affect you too much , you are saving your cds to the right time?

there is so much things around each class, why everytime you get outplayed you need to do a thread in forum saying that class is IMMORTAL instead of l2p?

try to do the same for when you kill someone, come to the forum and make a thread saying how much buffs that class need , since you kill one of them

----I agree completely.

This game promotes you to explore other classes through the legacy option.

I played a marauder & got pwned by smugglers.

I made a smuggler and am now enjoying the game alot more.

Perhaps exploring the class you think is OP will give you a new enjoyment to be game.

Plus, get into a pvp guild that teAmplay is promoted cause I don't care who you are if u get FF you die in like 10 sec or less.

This isn't about specific classes or 1v1 bouts or anything - this is specifically about the issue of having a team who is made up of 50% healers and how the daisychain will be all but required for any serious rated WZ team.

The reason for it is actually quite simple - Expertise affects damage, mitigation and healing. In exactly equal gear, the damage and mitigation somewhat cancel each other out, meaning that in relative terms, healers get more and more powerful compared to equally-geared tank and DPS counterparts as more gear is acquired.

If a future tier of gear adds further Expertise bonuses, the problem will only escalate unless some form of scaling is added - whether it's reducing the healing bonus granted by Expertise, increasing the effect of the Trauma debuff or introducing ability class lockout on interrupt rather than single spell.

Even if you think the balance is absolutely perfect right now, the way Expertise currently works does not scale well at all and changes will be necessary at some point.

EDIT: For clarity, when I say "this isn't about specific classes or 1v1" I mean my post that follows isn't, not that the thread itself :)

Edited by Mertissielle