Massive healing problem in Swtor.

Sullydog

With the surge nerf nobody in this game can single handedly take down a Mercenary healer spec (with gear).

Heavy armor + massive self heals + uninterruptable heals = invincible to one on one and in most cases 2 on one. God help you if you have to fight a geared battle master they simply can't be killed.

The surge nerf has fundamentally imbalanced the game - we (the players) have known for awhil there were issues with healing Bioware (who seems to have no idea what is going on in their game pvp wise) has continued to compound issues.

I've been playing a vanguard so initially the nerf wasn't noticable to me (I could never kill a BH merc one on one anyway) but I also have a 50 scoundral who is now almost completely worthless. My damage output has been severely nerfed - The bounty hunters (and probably commandos) can deal 300-400k per WZ if geared at 50.

I can not even touch a geared 50 merc healer specced, not even touch them dmg wise. They just stand there and outheal me.

I've tried to support Swtor and have remained mostly positive about the patches ( I was for the scoundral/agent nerf) but I've lost all hope for PvP at this point as things have gotten so terrible.

Last night it was hutball over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

The teams we were playing were half bounty hunters specced healing, all they would do is grab the ball and massively heal each other and score rinse and repeat. My team could literally do nothing to stop them.

BTW I'm not talking about anything Pre-lvl 50 (so don't tell me your lvl 20 took down a healing specced merc) I'm also not talking about dumb players who suck at any class or new level 50's that you killed in your full BM spec.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Truth, my shadow can no longer pewpew the best geared BH healers, which i ofc find sad.. On the other hand i can assure you, if you play it right, he wont get many heals off on anyone else, so if you just keep him locked down, have your allies kill the rest of the team :)..

A nerf to your role is always sad, but lets face it.. with a 16k hp (good geared), people beeing able to crit 4-6k on serval GCD's were probably a little too much..

Actually, coordinated teams with healers are beastly pre-50 too. You won't get any argument from me about that.

But it would help somewhat in most situations if more team leaders marked the healers and if more players actually took note of those markings (they're kind of hard to miss!).

i killed a merc yesterday. heal spec, full champion gear. am i some sort of pvp god now?!

I don't believe you even play republic:

"

I am infiltration spec and do a good amount of damage. Having said that I see Kinetic spec shadows do almost as much as I do often."

From your own post. And no I don't believe one on one you killed a heal spec, full champ gear merc unless he was a complete moron OR afk.

I wasn't born yesterday, and I'm not terrible at my class- In fact I'm pretty good with my scoundral there is simply no way I can one on one kill a BH heal specced merc. My one interrupt isn't enough opening with my shoot first and then backblast and then stunning only takes them down to half health at which point they self heal up to full and then its game over for me.

Edited by Sullydog

I don't believe you even play republic:

"

I am infiltration spec and do a good amount of damage. Having said that I see Kinetic spec shadows do almost as much as I do often."

From your own post. And no I don't believe one on one you killed a heal spec, full champ gear merc unless he was a complete moron OR afk.

I'm an infiltration shadow. I can still kill healing mercs. locking them down (using more than just mind snap) and using your burst intelligently = dead.

I'm an infiltration shadow. I can still kill healing mercs. locking them down (using more than just mind snap) and using your burst intelligently = dead.

I still don't believe you. I believe you can kill an under-geared and poorly played merc, maybe a fresh 50 or one with cent armor - but a well played battlemaster/champ geared a shadow can not single handedly take down, no way.

Edited by Sullydog

i am a marauder and healers are piece of cake for me :) doesnt matter what healer he is.

my opinion: heal is underpowered and need buffs , not nerfs

Well being a maurderer you've never faced a merc so your post is kind of irrelevant..but ok

I still don't believe you. I believe you can kill an under-geared and poorly played merc - but a well played battlemaster/champ geared a shadow can not single handedly take down.

LOL yes they can. I honestly think you are doing something wrong or you lost to someone better than you and are making a post about it.

As a Shadow your lock down abilities have no been effected by a nerf. You still have a stun, an interrupt, and low slash in infiltration. you have to use these abilities in tandem with your burst to take a healer down. proper use of damage cooldowns, adrenals, and relics also helps.

Edited by gryhmr

LOL yes they can. I honestly think you are doing something wrong or you lost to someone better than you and are making a post about it.

What do you mean lost to someone better then me? I told you I can't kill a well played merc healer specced.

I guess your just the elite pvp god that you claim to be.

LOL are we playing the same game? or am i posting in dota forum

I guess were not playing the same game- Since my post was in reference to bounty hunter merc healing specced. they are a empire class. A Sith maurderer is ALSO a empire class, So I don't understand what your talking about that you have no problem killing bounty hunter merc..

I've said it in a previous post. Fix the utility moves in certain DPS. I know my Jolt on my sith Inquisitor does not work as the description says. The secondary effect of silencing said interrupted ability is not working in a Player vs. Player setting. This may not completely fix the heal issue but it would allow the dps and other chars to actually do there part and keep a healer preoccupied.

all classes have weakenesses , why dont you try to understand them and USE it to beat them? , you know the merc cds? you look at merc hit to know when he can or cant cast? you control their instant heals to know if is the right time to interrupt or not , you make sure that you are in a good position so the knockback doesnt affect you too much , you are saving your cds to the right time?

there is so much things around each class, why everytime you get outplayed you need to do a thread in forum saying that class is IMMORTAL instead of l2p?

try to do the same for when you kill someone, come to the forum and make a thread saying how much buffs that class need , since you kill one of them

I guess were not playing the same game- Since my post was in reference to bounty hunter merc healing specced. they are a empire class. A Sith maurderer is ALSO a empire class, So I don't understand what your talking about that you have no problem killing bounty hunter merc..

You can get same faction WZs. Where have you been? Not to mention the Pubs have a mirror class.

1: IN HUTBALL YOU CAN FACE YOUR FACTION

2: YOU KNOW REPUBLIC HAVE A MIRROR OF MERC AND ITS CALLED COMMANDO

3: what game are you really playing?

1: IN HUTBALL YOU CAN FACE YOUR FACTION

2: YOU KNOW REPUBLIC HAVE A MIRROR OF MERC AND ITS CALLED COMMANDO

3: what game are you really playing?

Again - Merc classes are not the same.

and again in reference to huttball I talking about one on one or small fights but hutt ball is a WZ where groups are involved.

Ok let me clear this up I'm talking about single self heals of a Merc. Not group vs group or guild vs guild.

lastly, you don't need to put your post in caps, I read them the same lower case.

If you re-read my post I'm discussing one on one or two on one not in Hutt ball which is a strange WZ and a different case all together.

Edited by Sullydog