Remove 'Tumult' (Kick) from the game.

JackBlackjack

Tumult requires no resources other than a single GCD. The less resources you waste on a trash mob, the better. If you can in fact reliably kill a trash mob with Shock+Saber Strike, you shouldn't be using Tumult, obviously. I doubt most people can do that pre-50, so they should be using Tumult.

And, by the way, there is no logic in suggesting Tumult be removed. Bioware is not required to remove existing abilities to add new ones.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bioware is not required to remove existing abilities to add new ones.

My friend, the only thing Bioware is required is to keep the servers running and keep the credit cards being charged. And you certainly dont see how other classes would complain if a specific class had 1 skill more than the others. Thats why I suggested to replace it.

For those saying they do fine w/o it so it should be removed, should we remove, should we remove Assassinate too? If you can get a target to below 30% with no issue, surely you can kill it with no problem.

I thought twice before commenting on this reply because it simply didnt deserve any attention due to the lack of understanding of this player. You clearly have no clue, or fails to understand that the problem is not the Damage. The problem is, it is a 45 SECOND cooldown skill which conditions to use are: TRASH MOBS + INCAPACITED. Ok, now a newsflash for you: Assassinate is a 6 sec cooldown that can be used in any target (including players).

What makes me EVEN MORE sad about Tumult it's because Bioware completly WASTED our COOLEST move with such a lame, useless skill.

Edited by JackBlackjack

Again:

Learn to play and how to use this move.

Assassinate is in no way related to this as Assassinate only works below 30% health(and only for Assassins).

Let me give you a good example on when this move is useful:

D7 HM, Bulwark:

Repair-droids spawn, you need to take them down as his enrage-timer is pretty hard and you need to get the droids down fast:

Lightning -> Stun -> Tumult -> Shock -> Dead -> Back to Bulwark.

I use Tumult all the time. It's free, and hits like a truck on weaker mobs. Being able to 2 shot a regular mob to get it out of the way, for free, is great. Yes, it has restrictions and you can't use it on bosses, but its still a nice situational ability that lets you hit extremely hard for free, allowing you to build/retain resources for killing the stronger mobs in the group.

If it gets close enough to me to use Tumult then it isn't a trash mob, thereby, useless. Okay, nothing is useless, but it is so rarely of any use and of so little use even then that I just don't bother. If it was a stun that actually worked on Huttball runners then, hey, I'd use it.

Remove it - by all means NO.

Fix it - by all means YES.

This skill is usless due to the fact it simply dont work on most of the higher lvl mobs [elites from heroics/mini-boss mobs - there are so many mobs you can stun but tumult wont work on them... this should imho be fixed, why in gods name it is forbidden to use on elites if it works on sivler hard mobs for example ? but maybe im wrong if so somebody feel free to correct me]

P.S.

This is force free attack, if they would fix it it would rock on in damage rotation.

Remove it - by all means NO.

Fix it - by all means YES.

This skill is usless due to the fact it simply dont work on most of the higher lvl mobs [elites from heroics/mini-boss mobs - there are so many mobs you can stun but tumult wont work on them... this should imho be fixed, why in gods name it is forbidden to use on elites if it works on sivler hard mobs for example ? but maybe im wrong if so somebody feel free to correct me]

P.S.

This is force free attack, if they would fix it it would rock on in damage rotation.

Don't you people get that the SI - whether you're Assassin or Sorcerer - is already so incredibly powerful?

Tumult is just right the way it is.

If you know how to play, you find good use for it.

If you don't, you're crying that it's useless and needs to be fixed.

It's that simple.

It's a generic skill that all classes get. Nothing to fix or change there.

That being said, atleast madness assassins benefit from it quite a bit. Having limited Aoe for trash cleaning, and you'll usually want to cast shock as soon as possible anyway, so tumult is perfect followup.

And it's mostly for solo content, no need to bother yourself with it in PvP and rarely in team PvE.

Edit: And while it may be annoying to use, most specs occasionally use shock at trash mobs anyway, so there's actually plenty of opportunities. Unlike Maul for example, which requires active setup.

Edited by Forduc

Yes, PLEASE, just remove it from the game and replace it with something useful. Anything: attack, defense, passive skills, whatever. At this point it doesnt really matter because anything is better than Tumult.

Its not even on my 3rd or 4th quickslot bar.

Why create a 45 seconds cooldown skill that can only be used on TRASH MOBs that happen to be incapacited?

Now, would you replace it please? Thanks.

I use it and love it. .

So you use Maul when it's not on EW, I don't think we need to hear your opinion on the class abilities anymore. I have no idea why you'd even want a single target knockback for PvE.

Have you done any Ops or even Flashpoints? You ever run into groups of multiple silvers and golds?

Misread.

Edited by DarthNorik
misread

Sorry for posting in here, being a Reb and all.

But the OP is right, it's useless!

I have a Sage, who never really gets into fights, since I use my companion as a tank. So I'm never near the enemies, and since you can't easily INCAP an elite, it's just pointless.

Having another ranged attack would be so much better!

No Republic allowed here!

Nothing new. When someone doesn't like something the first thing they do is post about taking it out the game as if they were the only ones capable of making the judgement call.

Some things never change!

Edited by RikHar

For leveling it is useful, and some non-boss scenarios in Flashpoints, but does the game really need content specific abilities like Tumult? I think that is the big question we need to ask ourselves. Is too many buttons even if their not on your bar a good thing or bad thing?

So many good questions *Grabs popcorn*

For leveling it is useful, and some non-boss scenarios in Flashpoints, but does the game really need content specific abilities like Tumult? I think that is the big question we need to ask ourselves. Is too many buttons even if their not on your bar a good thing or bad thing?

So many good questions *Grabs popcorn*

Tumult is what makes it possible to (barely) scrape through pulling 3 strongs before you get Talos on a sin. There are some areas where pulling 3 is pretty much your only option (though you can generally mt one). Taking it out would make levelling an assassin significantly more time consuming, as certain areas would all but require you to be Darkness.

Mabey the developers were so noob that they needed to program a special skill to help them burn down packs of 3 weak mobs....the only reason i see why all classes have one of these skills.

I mean...why make a really good skill only useable on the enemies i least want to use it on.

The irony is that by the time i get to use that skill im overkilling the mob by a lot...and can just use a standard attack to finish him off.

Personally...i think all the "only usable on CCed trash mob high DMG skills" should be changed to something like a marauders retaliation....after you dodge a hit you get a window of oppertunity to use the skill...no matter how strong or weak the mob is...or player...scale down dmg if you have to.

This way...all classes will have a form of retaliation mechanic that i found so entertaining on my marauder, only now marauder will get two...pommel strike and retaliation.

Its quite a fun mechanic...even when i was rage aoe specced on the marauder and had broonmark tanking and rarely got hit...and could add a slight bit of complexity to all the other 3 button rotation classes.

Just a thought....might want to get around to making these follow up skill usefull after you fix the 1FPS on ilum issue...

The thing is that kick doesnt feel natural to a ranged class as it is with melee classes.

Yes it is wonderful on my Juggernaut and Vanguard but i never use it with Sorcerer simply because i always stay ranged and it feels wierd to just go and kick.

If you can use it though, its a great benefit since it does massive damage.

Imo, tumult change should be made to :

1. Keep the 45 sec cooldown, remove the incapacitate requirement.

2. Keep the requirement, reduce the cooldown to like 10 or 15 sec.

3. Completely change the ability to something else useful.

This should apply to other 'tumult' abilities on all classes.