I would pay $200.00 for 2 more character slots

Letsjet

Can't you create 8 already on each server? As in.. every class possible?

Yea but some of us are crazy and want to make the 8 classes for the other faction as well. Normally we would just roll on another server, but with the unknowns about the legacy stuff, we would rather just keep to 1 server.

That's unbelievably expensive for people that can't afford it, especially the multi-box idea. My PC is running everything on low as it is.

We're in a thread about a guy willing to throw down 200 bucks to create fake space for people and objects that don't exist in the real world.

And you're saying a proposed solution is too expensive?

Okay.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, more slots please.

I will even pay for it--Bioware, you are leaving money on the table. (Seriously, I stayed with vastly inferior Cryptic games solely because I could feed my altaholism.)

Yes, this play style is not for everyone. But I think the demand is significant. Yes, it can impact storage and database resources. That's why folks will be more open to paying for it.

It should definitely be an option.

And additional slots are IDEAL for Bioware games--SWTOR is very replayable with different choices for each class and various side missions. Additional slots are even more appropriate here with new races and a legacy system.

It seems like alts are actually part of the game system--capitalize (maybe literally) on it!

the issue generally is with actual server space and architecture. 2 slots doesnt seem like much but in terms of actual server load its quite a bit. when they are able im sure we will get it, but besides the fact im sure its not a huge priority (and really shouldnt be) you still have a ton to play through till then.

• 3 weeks later...
If the concern is server/database resources, I agree that an overall limit would be the way to go. There's just so much (forgive the buzzword) synergy you can get out of alts in this game (mission/recipes/drops) that demand for additional slots on the same server seems a natural result.

How about no. To charge for character slots in a story-focused game that already lacks the slots needed to play a character of each class would truly be the end. The masses would rage-quit, and for once they would right to do so; it is improper, and teeters on the verge of illegality, to push an incomplete product only to charge an additional fee for features that should have been present in the first place.

I stumbled across this ... nice.

From the Community Q&A yesterday:

Aymi: You guys are including a whole bunch of things to motivate us to reroll and unlock stuff through Legacy, but if I’m playing on one server because the community is great, I’ll be limited to eight characters. You said during the Guild Summit you were going to think about it at some point, any update on that?

Daniel Erickson: We are 100% committed to providing more character slots per server in the future but unfortunately we’re not ready to talk about how that will work.

Source: Community Q&A: Friday March 30th 2012: Game Update 1.2 Special

So, yeah, I'm going to guess that we won't be seeing it with the implement of 1.2. But, hey, it is coming. Hopefully sooner than later. I can live with that.

it is improper, and teeters on the verge of illegality, to push an incomplete product only to charge an additional fee for features that should have been present in the first place.

Companies like EA have been doing this for several years now.

Sad really.......

Companies like EA have been doing this for several years now.

Sad really.......

Sad but true. Still, something as blatant as this would not go unnoticed. Much of the community that the developers need to support the game is already viewing SWTOR as the last chance for a title in this particular industry to win them over. Folks won't put up with the same <insert word meaning: cheap or shoddy material> any longer. Edited by HeavensAgent