Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

So how long is 'Give them time...'?

Voorshwa

Which is a shame I think.

I think that BW can learn a lot from this release and subsequent maintenance. I think their next MMO could really benefit from that and would be infinitely better. I would even dare say many people are really looking forward to Titan because Blizzard will take all their knowledge from WoW and utilize it there.

However, everything I have read is that it will be a Casual MMO with a FPS flare. Nothing confirmed but that is from all the information I have read.

V

Bioware could learn alot but I doubt they will, they seem to be ignoring everything other than the bundles of cash they made upon release. :(

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see a reason why I should be considering when I give up on the game. I enjoy it, it's what I expected. This is a personal opinion and I don't expect it to affect anyone beside myself or my guild mates or friends.

Should I now make threads every hour to find people who enjoy the game as I do to make my opinion validated? There are so high expectations to this game that is really unrealistic.

I asked a question of the community to get their thoughts. I'm not looking for any kind of validation from people I don't even know. If you are so worried about how people should think exactly as you, then I would say your expectations are rather sad.

V

I asked a question of the community to get their thoughts. I'm not looking for any kind of validation from people I don't even know. If you are so worried about how people should think exactly as you, then I would say your expectations are rather sad.

V

I don't understand why people can't read your orignal post.

Wow has been out for how long?

is it perfect?

Please, if you cannot stand this game, please save some bits and simply quit.

No need to tell the world that you are.

I for one like SWTOR, and intend to stay till EA / BW closes it.

So - no need for folks leaving to tell anyone why, but OK for you to tell the wotrld you will be staying?

Double standard much?

If you don't enjoy it, play something you enjoy. I never understood the reasoning behind "waiting for it to change". If you are having a horrible time, then play something else or go outside. If you enjoy the game for the most part and can stand some of the bugs (like I), then play it until it becomes unenjoyably. Simple as that.

Thank you all for your responses.

The majority of you gave some good ideas and it was pretty obvious those that didn't read my original post.

After reading the responses I think I'm going to wait until 1.2 and see what happens. Hopefully by that release I'll feel the game has a long term future and worth being in for the long haul.

Thank you again for your responses.

V

So for all the people that are saying 'Give them time to do X...', how much time should we be giving them before we say enough is enough? This isn't a troll or a negative post, I'm just trying to pinpoint when we should be fed up.

Are we saying 6 months? 9 months? A year?

Personally, I think if there isn't a significant turnaround in 6 months then you seriously have to consider if the game has a long term future. I think after 6 months that you have to really start looking at Server Merges, forced faction balances, etc.

I truly don't want to see any of those things, but after so long you can't use the argument 'Give them time...' anymore. What are your thoughts?

V

My thoughts are simple... I don't need to give them X amount of time. Why?

Because *I* happen to enjoy the game right now.

If at a future date I start finding that I am not having fun anymore, then at that time, I'll unsubscribe, uninstall the game, and move on my merry way. I might check back again later to see if anything has come along that might make me want to start up again, but if not, my life will go on.

Just in case the OP decides to check again. There is no real time limit for people who want to give something time to improve. A lot can change in an MMO over two months, six months, or a year. It all depends really on who's calling the shots, and then more so who might take that persons place. Changes occur.

The only way to reasonably make a call on this is your own opinion - if in four months it's not what you want, then let it go. Not a big deal really.

Right look at that persons forums posts and see that just today she has been on the forums for 9 hours and then look at yesterday basically the same thing.

When does she play this great game again?

Doubt Azzras actually does play. More likely a BioWare employee posting on a regular account to attempt damage control. Most companies do this.

Such a silly argument , it dose not matter how much time 'we' give them , the game will evolve if 'we' are here or not , to think that the game will shutdown because 'we' un-sub is truly grandiose thinking at its best .

people will come on go must never even read the forums . We will see what changes they make over the next 6 months , some people will hate the changes and un-sub , the changes will draw some players back , its the nature of the beast .

Edited by Selaik

So for all the people that are saying 'Give them time to do X...', how much time should we be giving them before we say enough is enough? This isn't a troll or a negative post, I'm just trying to pinpoint when we should be fed up.

Personally, I think if there isn't a significant turnaround in 6 months then you seriously have to consider if the game has a long term future. I think after 6 months that you have to really start looking at Server Merges, forced faction balances, etc.

I truly don't want to see any of those things, but after so long you can't use the argument 'Give them time...' anymore. What are your thoughts?

V

3-4 months, then 6 months are usually make or break times. There has to be an injection of content at those points, and the most important bugs and QOL issues have to be sorted out by 6 months.

Why? Because lots of people who may be unsubbing now have enough goodwill for the game to try it again in a few months' time. If there's no great improvement in whatever made them unsub, then they're unlikely to give the game another chance for a while after that, if at all.

IOW, if the game is exactly as it is now in 6 months time, with the same problems, if it really isn't starting to unfold its undoubted potential by then, it's a dead duck. (I say this from experience with other potentially great MMOs such as Vanguard, CO, etc. 6 months was the make or break time for those two, definitely. Also TR.)

However, on the basis of BW's alacrity so far, especially with the main potential game breaker in the first month (ability delay), I am fairly confident this won't happen. They seem to be on the ball and committed. If so, the game has a good future as probably the second biggest "Western" MMO for a while (by quite a wide margin against other contenders).

Honestly the main reason I'm still paying and playing is because there is nothing else out right now that I want to play. I've already finished the class story for the only class that interested me. I'm tinkering with other classes and helping the guild when I can but, there is no "hook" making me want to log back in.

TOR is a "good" game, damn well better be given the time, talent, and treasure involved, but its hardly a "great" one.

Edited by SirRobin

Doubt Azzras actually does play. More likely a BioWare employee posting on a regular account to attempt damage control. Most companies do this.

Time for her to make a new account I think.

Funny that you view her profile and look at who she has as friends :eek:

Edited by Emeda

Honestly the main reason I'm still paying and playing is because there is nothing else out right now that I want to play. I've already finished the class story for the only class that interested me. I'm tinkering with other classes and helping the guild when I can but, there is no "hook" making me want to log back in.

TOR is a "good" game, but its hardly a "great" one.

I hope your experience gets better and does not dry up like mine. I lost interest after reaching Hoth as a Bounty Hunter. I had already beat the SI story and got to Act 2 on the JC.

V

How much time for what? It'd help to know what you're complaining about.

I'm thoroughly enjoying this game as it is right now. You'll never see me telling you to "give it time." I can't fathom why someone who is not enjoying this game would still be playing it.

I can understand why we'd work at a job we don't like. It's a paycheck. There are a ton of situations in life where we have to just suck it up and do something we don't like.

Playing a video game is not one of those things. There is no video game on this planet that I will play if I hate it. Not one. I tried WoW. Hated it. Stopped playing.

I know I'll get slammed for saying this, but I don't think people do things unless - on some level - it works for them. There's a payoff. People that play this game are getting something out of it. Maybe not everything they want, but something. And if anyone is playing this game, even though they hate every minute of it... well, really, it's time to find something else.

If you absolutely hate this game, and the only reason you're playing this game is in the hope that it might one day be something you'll like... I can tell you right now: It won't.

The core of this game will always be what it is right now. It will improve over time, and more content will be added, and it will be tweaked significantly. But if you hate the core structure of this game now, you're going to hate it a year from now.

How much time should you give it? If you're having zero fun in the game now, the answer is zero. No time. There are far too many situations in life that force you to do things you don't want. Entertainment should not be one of them.

I hope your experience gets better and does not dry up like mine. I lost interest after reaching Hoth as a Bounty Hunter. I had already beat the SI story and got to Act 2 on the JC.

I know every story is really the same. You get to a planet to do do something and every one you cant go straight to it you have to do 3 things that takes you to the same places as everyone else then your last quest for that planet is the same place as everyone else and then you just repeat it for about 7 more planets. That gets boring and takes away from any good of having class quests.

We're not even at 2 months since the official release so I'd say, I don't know how much longer but definitely more. You can't expect them to introduce new features right away. WoW patches come like every 6 months, and ToR is getting its second content patch in March, I'd say while OVERALL, they don't have as much game content and features present, they are adding them at a much higher rate than their main competitor. That alone deserves more time.

Edit: By the way Emeda, is staying on the forums all you do all day? In the past week every time I get on the forums, you are there in almost every thread in general.

Edited by Bionixx

V

That line of thinking is dumb to me.

It should be, if you are having fun stay and keep paying, if not stop and then check back in on releases or try another month down the road when you are bored with other stuff you are playing.

For me personally, I am still having plenty of fun so no reason to "give them time".

Edited by Drewser

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.