Came over from Jedi Consular and.....

DarkSaberMaster

And im a 50 sorc with 550 expertise and Consular eat me up with their slow animations. Try 1 on 1 you cant out DPS their heals. The ONLY hope I have is to land a jolt and stop that silly ness and hit my relics and give em hell before they pop a heal. In str8 out dps fight no heals its pretty even if geared the same.

If they jolt my lightning im a sitting duck...

Now shadows are just tough as nails.

They are pvp gods.

My next class once im in full bm gear is the shadow or the coomando

Edited by Zantul

And im a 50 sorc with 550 expertise and Consular eat me up with their slow animations. Try 1 on 1 you cant out DPS their heals. The ONLY hope I have is to land a jolt and stop that silly ness and hit my relics and give em hell before they pop a heal. In str8 out dps fight no heals its pretty even if geared the same.

If they jolt my lightning im a sitting duck...

Now shadows are just tough as nails.

They are pvp gods.

My next class once im in full bm gear is the shadow or the coomando

I think you lowered the IQ of the people in the forum with this post. I know I got dumber.

The only "slowness" is Project where the damage comes on contact rather than instantly (as with Shock). They are identical in every other fashion.

You know, other than dressing like women :)

I have to agree, going into the game I had guildmates coming over together from a different MMO going imperial while a RL friend was joining a republic guild.

I knew right away from class descriptions that the caster/healer nature of Sorc/Sage was what I wanted so I rolled one of each, the sorc being my main with guildmates the sage in my friend's server.

Loved every minute of the path to 50 on the Sorc and am enjoying 50 so far. The sage however just felt bogged down and seemed to make such slow progress comparatively because it just couldn't grab me.

Wasn't until I gave up the mirror idea and rolled a trooper alt that I actually found myself wanting to put significant amounts of time into my republic-side alt. Some of the issue I'm sure was the "playing the same class that didn't have all its talents/abilities yet" but it felt like it went beyond that.

The combination of the overall class vibe, animations, aesthetic, and the difference in the first couple planets makes a huge difference.

Seems I can find enjoyment in 6 of the basic classes pretty easy but just can't get into the Jedi ones.

Yes the grass IS greener.

Forked Lighning works.

Animations are faster.

AoE kick is more reliable.

Companion sacrifice for 50% hp.

Reps do not see when sorcs are healing, every cast is some kind of purple.

Also the Sage story is rather dull unless you go darkside, and even then it is only fun for one conversation per planet.

My Sage is 48 and my Sorceress just arrived at 39 last night :)

Both are healer spec and follow the same build. And both are also totally Light Side (with my Sage at level V and my Sorceress approaching level IV).

What I like more about my Sage are her healing animations. The holy glows so to speak. Same with her Force Armor. Not a bubble of hissing Lightning, but a serene golden bubble. This is what I associate with a healer :) But hey, that's just me :)

My Sorceress loves Lightning, and so do I. Apart from her bubble that is :o I don't care if basically all her attacks are Lightning based. I find it far nicer to watch then casting Streetfighter style Disturbances and throwing rocks, Droids and other stuff.

When it comes to the Class stories. Inq -> Consular. And by far. I find it a nice challenge to be a Light Side Sith. Compared to a Jedi who is supposed to be all Light Side.

Personally I think my Sage will be stuck at 48 for quite awhile, since I found a very nice Guild on Imperial side. And I'll be taking my Sorceress all the way :)

I can't speak about the Republic side animations, but:

The delay built into our knockback is pretty long. Press button-jump-flip-knockback

Glowy pebbles are OP (in PvP). Force Lightning is a direct indicator back to the caster's fingertips. The harsh wind filled with debris is a lot less specific.

Edited by Spifnar

I can't speak about the Republic side animations, but:

The delay built into our knockback is pretty long. Press button-jump-flip-knockback

Glowy pebbles are OP (in PvP). Force Lightning is a direct indicator back to the caster's fingertips. The harsh wind filled with debris is a lot less specific.

More than balanced out by the fact that Shock is instant, while Project takes more than a full second to hit.:rolleyes:

When it comes to the Class stories. Inq -> Consular. And by far. I find it a nice challenge to be a Light Side Sith. Compared to a Jedi who is supposed to be all Light Side.

I totally agree. A light-side Sorcerer story is much more interesting than either flavor of Sage. It certainly has more appeal for anyone who leans towards being anti-establishment and suspicious of the power elite. The whole Revan quest chain you get in your early teens fits well into that as does the Dark Temple class story you get around the same time.

Being "good" as a sage just feels like mindlessly going with the flow and following orders. It takes more thought and intitiative to do the same as a Sorcerer.

Besides, the whole "there's no emotion" bit is quite the turn off especially when right off the bat, ratting-out two romantically involved fellow Inquisitors is considered "good."

I initially played a Sage in beta but there was no looking back as soon as I decided to try the Sorc. The Revanite quest chain was all I needed to make-up my mind.

Now I have characters on both sides, including a 40 Sage, but they're all part of the Kalligor legacy :)