Penny Arcade Tackles SWTOR again...

Ossos

Penny Arcade has always made fun of EA. Take a look in their archive from previous years. There's atleast 4-6 comics on how much PA hates EA. PA hates EA because EA didn't produce their POS PA video game. So of course they're going to hate on anything EA makes or produces.

All the proof is in PA's archive....

Edited by Zyanzor

Penny Arcade has always made fun of EA. Take a look in their archive from previous years. There's atleast 4-6 comics on how much PA hates EA. PA hates EA because EA didn't produce there POS PA video game. So of course they're going to hate on anything EA makes or produces.

I totally love what EA did to Westwood /sarcasm

Same thing will happen to Bioware.

Penny Arcade has always made fun of EA. Take a look in their archive from previous years. There's atleast 4-6 comics on how much PA hates EA. PA hates EA because EA didn't produce there POS PA video game. So of course they're going to hate on anything EA makes or produces.

It's almost as if you're implying they're wrong, and this isn't a frustrating lackluster game.

Edited by OldBenSmokin

Penny Arcade has always made fun of EA. Take a look in their archive from previous years. There's atleast 4-6 comics on how much PA hates EA. PA hates EA because EA didn't produce their POS PA video game. So of course they're going to hate on anything EA makes or produces.

Did you even READ what Gabe posted? Do you disagree with him or are you just sputing some stupid crap? I'm betting on the latter.

Again?

Just how many threads do we need about old news? OK, so Gabe got butt-hurt over a quest. I saw the same thing and thought "that was odd" and moved on. Took 5 min tops to do the whole after act running around.

Really?

Some people's kids.

This is what you have to do all day? Go play huttball or something.

I've pretty much been saying this for the past month. The thing is, it's not even the biggest problem. There's no indication that any of the actual people in a position to make changes has even heard any of what we've been saying.

If we've got to wait until Tycho or Gabe are articulating issues on Penny Arcade before anything will ever be done, this game is in a lot of trouble. They need to get some community feedback seriously sorted out. Communication with the payers/players in a game like this is vital.

It's almost as if you're implying they're wrong, and this isn't a frustrating lackluster game.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I just wanted to point out that even if PA liked SWTOR they wouldn't admit it. Just like the comic & article they made bashing Mass Effect 1 but, ME1 was a crappy game right?

Edited by Zyanzor

I totally love what EA did to Westwood /sarcasm

Same thing will happen to Bioware.

You see this is the type of comment that makes me laugh, the only people that did anything to westwood were westwood, you know the last game westwood made, renegade that lost ea millions, westwood was a profit loosing part of ea for 3 years. They created some great ideas but thats all they created that was good after tiberium sun and red 2.

Now dont get me wrong on this i loved westwood and tiberium sun but before trying to slate ea for what they did atleast know the facts and also the fact that even when ea cut westwood they continued to pay royalties for the red alert series to the creaters and owners of westwood and also took on anyone and everyone from westwood who wanted to carry on working for ea and they went into EA LA.

BTW to the article, who cares ? reviews are ten a penny and if you like the game who gives a smeg if someone being paid to write reviews doesnt agree with you.

Edited by Shingara

I had the same thing with my BH- go talk to a guy at the fleet. No dialog, just a popup window awarding me some XP...

All the dribble you posted is completely irrelevant. :rolleyes:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I just wanted to point out that even if PA liked SWTOR they wouldn't admit it. Just like the comic & article they made bashing Mass Effect 1 but, ME1 was a crappy game right?

But ... they said they actually liked SWTOR and admitted as such. I guess Gabe has changed his mind? I did think it was a strange reason to stop logging in to an mmo.

You are a liar.

http://penny-arcade.com/2011/12/21

I quit playing the Star Wars Beta months ago because I didn’t want to spoil the game for myself. I think that statement alone says a lot about the sort of MMO Star Wars is. Now that the game has launched Kara and I have jumped back in and we’re having a great time. We have not experienced any of the long queue times or crazy lag that so many people seem to be complaining about. I understand that there are plenty of people having technical issues with the game but I can’t speak to that.

I’m playing a different class than I did in the beta and so I’m getting a brand new experience. I’m just amazed at the quality of the class specific story-lines. The mission objectives and dialog choices really help you develop a character and not just an avatar. I mentioned this when I talked about the Beta a while ago and to me it really is the defining difference between SW:TOR and other MMO’s. While playing last night with Scott he explained that his bounty hunter was all about completing her contracts and getting credits. She didn’t let her feelings get in the way of the job. He was thinking about this before his character was even level 10. I’d be very surprised if he had any idea what sort of “person” his Troll Shaman was in WOW.

Kara is playing a Sith Inquisitor. A couple nights ago she was complaining that being bad was difficult and she was struggling with some of the dialog options. Last night she was volunteering to help torture people and was actually pissed when we accidentally gained light side points. Bioware has always done an incredible job of putting you in your character’s shoes and making you care about them. The fact that they have managed to transfer that into the MMO space is a *********** triumph in my opinion.

-Gabe out

I remember this on both my sage and sorcerer. I also remember the rage. I thought it was an oversight on my sage until it also happened with my sorcerer. I don't think I've ever been as mad at a game, and it happened twice. I don't blame him for not wanting to pick it back up right away.

OMG, the same thing happened on my Sith Inquis.

So *********** annoying.

Dromand Kass - finish story there

Sends you to the fleet

Talk to a guy THAT SAYS NOT A *********** THING AND JUST GIVES 1000 XP

SENDS YOU BACK TO *********** DROMAND KASS

SI STORY DOES THIS...TWO...TIMES... At least make the guy *********** talk..........