Stop adding content with with no system to give us access...

Reevax

Every big patch I see more and more content but many of us have no means to access the it.

Get a guild: Thats fine if you can find one, my server is pretty sparse

Make friends: Hard to make friends when you play off times and on top of that most people alt because spamming at the station for hours on end is not fun

You are lazy: Server pop is terrible, its not an issue of being lazy.

I get groups so easy: Congratulation?

It kills the community: Yes, I am sure the other 12 people on the station would go insane with rage.

At 50 you are lucky to get a single run each week. I would like to be able to play the game on my schedule, as would many others.

Well... this makes no sense.

Why would you play a game if you... can't play the game? Do you want BioWare to force people to be on and play with you?

This is the nature of the MMO, I suggest rerolling on a server that has on-times that line up with your play time.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You & the poster below you obviously dont work for a living because if you did you would realise that when you pay for a product you dont do so to suit everyone else. If that product doesnt provide you with the service YOU need, then you stop buying it.

Exactly.

So why are you still paying for it?

As I said before, the rest of the playerbase DOES NOT exist to cater to your wants.

Obviously, both you & the player above you disrespect a another player for saying that he wants to be able to enjoy content at a time that suits him.

He can want anything he wants. The fact is the rest of the playerbase DOES NOT EXIST to cater to his wants.

That's not disrespect. That's reality.

well why would BW make a mmorpg when they should have made a rpg instead arcording to you ?

this is the fact:

bw made a MMORPG not a single RPG.

bw know and did knew before they made game that most users is solo players, they still made a mmorpg, why change game completly because of a fact everybody did know, just because you are pointing it out.

Why? because prior to release this game was touted as the most friendly casual/single player game on the market. This game is effectively a single player game until you hit 50, then the only single player aspects are space combat (god awfull) & pvp which is against premades half the time.

Why make a story driven single player game that cuts off content at max level? According to me (if you want to quote me) BW is more than capable of providing both group & solo content. In Lotro you can run dungeons as solo, 2, 4, 8, & 16 player, and if it wasnt sci-fan i'd probably give it a go but 7 years of wow I never want to see another elf or dwarf.

So to quote me, "BW is more than capable of providing solo and group content after 50."

Obviously, both you & the player above you disrespect a another player for saying that he wants to be able to enjoy content at a time that suits him.

No, you're right. Me suggesting he feels like the world revolves around him (or should) was far off base and unwarranted.

I mean, it's not like he was suggesting BioWare limit other players because it doesn't align with his schedule/liking.

Oh, wait...

Edited by IIII-IIII-IIII

Think the OP is showing the sign of the " new" demographic of MMO's players (Dont get me wrong there is nothing wrong with being it )

But the MMO has evolved into the press a button keep me entertained and if not complain.

Personally i am leaving the game ,alot because of that games are catering to just that these days and now when X-server LFG and DS is confirmed implemented you quickly see which demographic that will be catered to and which is most profitable :)

Well you cant have it all in life :)

You & the poster below you obviously dont work for a living because if you did you would realise that when you pay for a product you dont do so to suit everyone else. If that product doesnt provide you with the service YOU need, then you stop buying it.

That's how it should be. Not the OP in this thread but in some others I believe the players are way out of line. There's a difference between respectfully requesting certain content and outrageously flaming just because you're mad you're not getting what you want. Any new addition should also be handled with great patience. No company is going to add a feature in a first couple weeks of it being asked for. It takes time for them to talk about it (something BW seems to do a lot of), implement it, test it, and then release it.

Exactly.

So why are you still paying for it?

As I said before, the rest of the playerbase DOES NOT exist to cater to your wants.

Dont fret your pretty head, I have a timeline in place. If there arent adequate changes made to suite all sections of the community then I most certainly will join the growing list.

Edited by NoxiousAlby

Why? because prior to release this game was touted as the most friendly casual/single player game on the market. This game is effectively a single player game until you hit 50, then the only single player aspects are space combat (god awfull) & pvp which is against premades half the time.

Why make a story driven single player game that cuts off content at max level? According to me (if you want to quote me) BW is more than capable of providing both group & solo content. In Lotro you can run dungeons as solo, 2, 4, 8, & 16 player, and if it wasnt sci-fan i'd probably give it a go but 7 years of wow I never want to see another elf or dwarf.

So to quote me, "BW is more than capable of providing solo and group content after 50."

When the level cap is raised you will get some. Until then I am not sure what solo content magic wand you want them to create for you when...wait for it....you have exhausted all content and hit max level.

How hard is that for some of you people to understand? This is not a perpetual content creating magic box....its a video game.

You can choose to start an alt, or PvP. Not rocket science here.

EXACTLY. If I go eat at a restaurant and don't like the fish, I don't eat it, and don't go back to the restaurant.

What I DON'T do is storm into the kitchen and demand that the chef change their award winning recipes to suit my tastes. Figure out how that analogy applies to you, and the course of action you should take next should be obvious.

OP,

BW will need to address this issue, unlike the posters above i'm sure they want to keep all segments of the playerbase. My deadline is April

Wait, the OP is complaining because he picked a server that's probably on his local time but plays odd ours?

What do you want BW to do, hire friends for him?

:rolleyes:

Every big patch I see more and more content but many of us have no means to access the it.

Make friends: Hard to make friends when you play off times and on top of that most people alt because spamming at the station for hours on end is not fun

It kills the community: Yes, I am sure the other 12 people on the station would go insane with rage.

At 50 you are lucky to get a single run each week. I would like to be able to play the game on my schedule, as would many others.

Taken as a whole, doing some research and finding the right server for you to re-roll on would solve most of your problems. Especially with Oceanic servers opening soon, there must be a well-populated server that fits your schedule. You say you aren't lazy so that isn't an obstacle. If you plan on playing the game for several months or years, cut your losses now and solve your own headaches down the road. With some luck, you can transfer your existing characters to that server in a few months.

Dont fret your pretty head, I have a timeline in place. If there arent adequate changes made to suite all sections of the community then I most certainly will join the growing list.

And in the meantime, you're going to be on the forums complaining that rest of the playerbase doesn't exist to cater to your needs?

Guess what? Regardless of which MMO you go to, you're going to have to adapt yourself to certain aspects of the community in general if you want to get the most out of it. Again, that's simple reality.

Edited by MikeMonger

EXACTLY. If I go eat at a restaurant and don't like the fish, I don't eat it, and don't go back to the restaurant.

What I DON'T do is storm into the kitchen and demand that the chef change their award winning recipes to suit my tastes. Figure out how that analogy applies to you, and the course of action you should take next should be obvious.

I'll try another anology: a gym. You can ask them to get a new elliptical, or some more weights...they may or may not.

But demanding they respond to your hours despite you paying a membership fee, well, they probably aren't going to listen.

Or demanding a new racquet ball court, or demanding anything, for that matter.

Sure, you pay a membership, and membership has it's privileges, but it only goes so far.

But if you knew their hours going in, and you still paid them the membership fee, shame on you, not them for not changing.

("you" as in the "royal 'you'", not the person i quoted :))

Edited by Scar

When the level cap is raised you will get some. Until then I am not sure what solo content magic wand you want them to create for you when...wait for it....you have exhausted all content and hit max level.

How hard is that for some of you people to understand? This is not a perpetual content creating magic box....its a video game.

You can choose to start an alt, or PvP. Not rocket science here.

Actually there is, personally I think adding additional class quests at max level is almost a waste (which they said will be done in march). Given the amount of resources required to write new scripts I do indeed have a better solution.

Do a solo version of flashpoints, allow players to bring along 3 companions. You could play at any time of the day, even if your a group player you could run them when your friends are offline. No extra scripting required, just lower the loot and the boss mechanics so they are doable.

This would provide plenty of content that players could grind their teeth on for months rather than a few days at the most doing some extra class quests. Players who want to group are unaffected & players who dont have content at 50...everyone is satisfied

Wait, the OP is complaining because he picked a server that's probably on his local time but plays odd ours?

What do you want BW to do, hire friends for him?

:rolleyes:

Silly remarks are still seen as silly, do you think an LFG tool should have been in place upon release even if it was same server only?

Trust me there is plenty that BW could have done given they have had years to see what works in other games.

Do a solo version of flashpoints...

It's a multiplayer game.

Multiplayer.

Multi.

So it should come as no surprise that you can't progress beyond a certain point without friends. I don't want development time and resources going into a single player game. They did enough of that with levels 1 - 50.

Why must people automatically attack someone with a concern? Do you honestly think that something like server transfers should not be in game already? Or that a function like a cross server LFD tool shouldn't be either? It makes zero sense to me to design a very easy, very casual MMO and then not have QoL features in that game in order to attract and retain as many players as possible. It's obvious they can do the transfers as evidence by the AUS announcements. Just put them in game already.

And in the meantime, you're going to be on the forums complaining that rest of the playerbase doesn't exist to cater to your needs?

Guess what? Regardless of which MMO you go to, you're going to have to adapt yourself to certain aspects of the community in general if you want to get the most out of it. Again, that's simple reality.

I dont complain, I just like to point out trolls and people who are blissfully ignorant. My needs are already catered to thankyou :p

Please keep adding content, my friends and I are eating up what's available.