PLEASE...faster way to travel between planets and fleet...

Kaladorei

just as an example let me show you what the current travel system looks like...

lets say we start on the fleet...and we want to go to belsavis to do our dailies...

Fleet>>>loading screen>> hangar>>loading screen>> ship >> galaxy map>> click system>> click planet>> esc twice>> loading screen>> airlock>> loading screen >> orbital station>> planet >>flight path >>daily location.

so im no expert but i would say that in any game that is just too long nvm a game that requires alot of travel between planets for dailies/weeklies etc.

please bioware heed this call and give us a simpler travel method.

it gets boring after the first 50 times....

There were many threads about travelling in TOR and well... It seems like we aren't even being heard on this one.

Orbital Stations got to go. The travel system is bad already with all the loading screens behind every corner, on top of that I have to run through the airlock, then a corridor, then take a shuttle even though I have MY OWN ship...

Anyway, no need to say anything else, travel system in TOR is bad... really bad. Not to mention the "speeders" that are slower than WoW flying mounts (and they do fly above the ground, so I don't get it)

There were many threads about travelling in TOR and well... It seems like we aren't even being heard on this one.

Orbital Stations got to go. The travel system is bad already with all the loading screens behind every corner, on top of that I have to run through the airlock, then a corridor, then take a shuttle even though I have MY OWN ship...

Anyway, no need to say anything else, travel system in TOR is bad... really bad. Not to mention the "speeders" that are slower than WoW flying mounts (and they do fly above the ground, so I don't get it)

lol my wonder is if the engine could even handle faster or two person mounts...not to mentiona the amount of loading screens in expansions later on...god what were they thinking....

Less loading screens.

Make the travel animation longer so we wait for the planet to load while it seems we're travelling there.

Why can't we have a mini shuttle (pod) on our ship?

Edited by Terans

Travel to fleet ability and consumable items from security key vendor.

Yes, that works once you are on the planet and can't use a Fleet Shuttle. This isn't what the OP was referring to, however.

I agree the amount of loading screens is horrible. I feel that BW did it so they could keep the 'quality' of the sprites better.

I could, maybe or maybe not, stand it a little if i could MOUNT in the airlock/stations but as it is now most of the airlock and stations could be removed. For my realization is wouldn't the opposite faction just try to shoot down the station while it was being built or did the faction teleport (or hyper drive) the station to its' location.

My complaint isn't the travelling but the simple fact that everything is on the fleet. Place merchants, GTNs on orbital stations.

I don't like the facts that all OPs and FPs are instanced from the fleet, we need open non-instanced dungeons on planets for all levels of player and have instances that are attached to planets in their story line on the planet themselves (Eternity Vault should begin from Belsavis orbital station for example or from the planet surface).

Give players a reason to actually go to the planets instead of hang around the fleets and give the orbital stations a reason to exist (as an entry point to the planet and that planet's flash points).

Fleet>>>loading screen>> hangar>>loading screen>> ship >> galaxy map>> click system>> click planet>> esc twice>> loading screen>> airlock>> loading screen >> orbital station>> planet >>flight path >>daily location.

At the very least they should make it so

waltz by Johan Strauss II plays while we're doing this.

just as an example let me show you what the current travel system looks like...

lets say we start on the fleet...and we want to go to belsavis to do our dailies...

so im no expert but i would say that in any game that is just too long nvm a game that requires alot of travel between planets for dailies/weeklies etc.

please bioware heed this call and give us a simpler travel method.

it gets boring after the first 50 times....

This tired thread again? Ok first thing.

Way to pad your list with crap. You included your start location as a step in the travel. You included the galaxy map and clicking as steps, escape twice!?!?!? WTH. There is no load screen leaving the orbital station to go down to the planet there's a fade to black like with an elevator because the planet is already loaded.

Second you're now heading there you can use your QT to get there fast when you arrive on the planet.

Also when it's time to head back you don't have to use the emergency fleet pass, you don't have to get a security key and buy a consumable fleet pass. All you got to do is head to the fleet shuttle which is located on EVERY SINGLE PLANET (except the starting worlds) near a QT & taxi location and BOOM you're back at fleet.

Thank you come again...

it could certainly use some refining, running into the hangar and seeing my ship never gets old, but for the love of god can I just get on it and choose a destination and go and not jump through half a dozen intermediate steps that serve no purpose in getting to my destination.

reducing the number of steps will help everyone, when I am loading into a zone I have no intention of staying in (central spaceport) I'm hitting the server and slowing you down as well, why the hell does that help anyone out?

Orbital stations make some sense if you could shuttle to the zone you want to on the planet, and not only land at the main spaceport.

I wouldn't mind the intermediate steps so much if there was any use to them but there isnt, and they are actually slowing down everyone's progress and hitting servers more than is needed. Point A to point B should not required so many steps

Travel to fleet ability and consumable items from security key vendor.

Indeed, Fleet Pass should be moved OFF the security vendor, as this would help mitigate the issue.

But equally massive efforts need to be made to streamline travel through SWTOR's main travel nexus (your ship) to minimise or allow players to avoid pointless multiple loading screens every time you travel.

I agree, this is making a big hassle to help guildies.

If travel time was quicker and able to reach our friends quickly, we'd be able to help them out quickly, instead of having to think about how we gota leave the planet we're on, go through all the travelling and then come back to the "middle of nowhere" area of the pklanet we was questing on.

Less loading screens + faster loading will help a tone, while also maybe making running in the hangers and bunkers a little faster will rely make things less boring in a way. with those changes I would easily say its a lot better then it was.

God bless the Hero Engine.

has nothing to do with the hero engine, the engine was made for persistent MMO worlds not heavy instancing/loading screens. You could always download the hero engine yourself and populate it with npcs.

It has everything to do with bioware

All you got to do is head to the fleet shuttle which is located on EVERY SINGLE PLANET (except the starting worlds) near a QT & taxi location and BOOM you're back at fleet.

There should be one of these at every space port taxi (there's no reason for them not to be as well), however there still should be a taxi straight into your ship option too.

At the very least they should make it so
waltz by Johan Strauss II plays while we're doing this.

Now I used to enjoy that way back when, although admittedly you could usually go and do something else if you didn't want to sit through it.

But in SWTOR not only do you not have an inspired choice of music, but you can't leave the loading screen. :(

Rrriiiggghhhttt. Come on you included bringing up the galaxy map and clicking on the map as a "step in travel". You said you had to hit escape twice when in fact after selecting travel here the map auto goes away. I have a piece of crap computer and when I take the shuttle down from the orbital station I do not see a load screen. I do NOT have a SSD and I only JUST upgraded my ram from 2Gb to 6. Even before the upgrade I didn't have a load screen when leaving the orbital station, the planet is already loaded by then. You also included the start location as a step. i'm laughing hard.

Watch this.

For me to go from Stormwind to Desolace I have to:

Stormwind >> Ride to Dwarven District >> Zone to Tram >> Wait for Tram >> Get on Tram >> Ride Tram >> Get off Tram >> Zone to Ironforge >> Ride to Flight Master >> Click on Flight Master >> Load Flight Map >> Click on flight path >> Fly there >> Ride to Boat >> Wait on Boat >> Get on Boat >> Ride Boat >> Watch a load screen >> Wait for boat to dock >> Get off Boat >> Ride to Flight Master >> Click on Flight Master >> Load flight map >> click on flight path >> Fly to desolace >> Ride to the location I want to go.

Most of the stuff I mentioned is pointless to mention like clicking on the flight master and opening the flight map and all that crap. It makes my list look soooo much longer to "prove a point"

If I'm out in the middle of nowhere and I want to get to fleet I do this:

1. Quick Travel to QT location with a Fleet Shuttle
  2. Short Ride/walk to Fleet Shuttle
  3. Take Shuttle to Fleet

If QT is on cooldown:

1. Mount/walk to nearest Taxi
  2. Take Taxi to Taxi location with a Fleet Shuttle
  3. Short Ride/walk to Fleet Shuttle
  4. Take Shuttle to Fleet

If I'm at fleet and I want to go somewhere I:

1. Go to my ship
  2. Select my destination
  3. Exit my ship
  4. Walk through Orbital Station OR Space Station
  5. Quick Travel to nearest QT location to my destination (Can do this after exiting my ship if I'm not at an Orbital Station
  6. Mount/Walk the rest of the way

If my QT is on cooldown:

1. Go to my ship
  2. Select my destination
  3. Exit my ship
  4. Walk through Orbital Station OR Space Station
  5. Take Taxi to the nearest taxi location to my destination
  6. Mount/Walk the rest of the way

And that's that.

Now I understand the load screen is a source of frustration for a lot of people and I agree. I've even posted about a possible solution to reduce the load screens at http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=193367 however that is different from you padding steps to claim that travel is soooo long when in fact I can get from one end of the galaxy to the next faster than in any other game I've played.

Edited by Noviru
editing out removed content