I am not an mmo gamer and i am completely stuck.

thatnorwegianguy

Ok I am stuck at tattoine with my sith juggernaut can´t beat the two jedi in the main story anyway I feel no matter what I do I die at every boss battle.

I don´t get it ?? I have respeced my skill tree several times trying out different combinations, checked my equipment was up to the challenge, stims etc etc

But I keep dying at every turn I just want to play this game for the storyline not get stuck with warzone xp grinding which is what I hate with mmo´s in general.

I am really REALLY bored of this I mean leveling was no problem I did quests including bonus quests but once I went to tattoine it became a nightmare.

And I am so sick of hearing people these so called experts saying oh you are playing it wrong NO I AM NOT I am leveling GRINDING MY A.. OFF upgrading equipment, playing the same three warzone matches over and over again.

I am not saying I will unsub or anything like that, I like the game but for the love of god is the balance on the bosses wrong or what the hell am I doing wrong ???

When I did it, the old dude channeled his focus or whatever for a long time at the start of the fight, allowing me to get his apprentice mostly beat down.

It did suck that Vette was knocked out for the fight, and I had to use all my cooldowns, but it was certainly doable.

This was as an immortal spec juggernaut.

Edited by Morpholinium

As a Jugg are you tank specced? Are you in tanking stance or DPS stance, depending on what you're fighting this could make a big difference?

Are you using your healing companion? You should have Malavi Quinn if you're on Tatt, he's a great healer you get at the end of Balmorra.

Is your companion geared appropriately?

Have you disabled the DPS abilities on your companion's quickbar so he can only heal you? Jugg can be a little more challenging for some of the solo content, but it should all be easily do-able within a level or so of the content.

Ya know, I think some of the quest enemies need tuning. I was playing my sith jugg before, and fighting some elite quest bosses, and they were really tough. I have some experience playing mmo's, lots of WoW heroic raid bosses and such, but these guys really taxed my character.

I had to let him beat up on the girl a bit while I built up rage, used my abilities as best I could, used saber ward and a medpack, and still almost died. Pretty rough for a class quest.

Anyways, I'm not to Tattooine yet on my sith, but if you have a healer companion by then, you may want to use it. Also, letting your companion take some heat isn't a bad idea.

I don't know if we have cc by then, but if you can cc one of them (cc is like a long stun, or disable), that can come in handy. And don't forget medpacks, saber (sabre?) ward, and that 20 minute cd that refreshes the cd on saber ward and heals you.

Lots of things to try if you haven't already:

Are you interrupting the bosses heals and/or biggest DPS spell?

If there are 2 mobs, can you CC one of them while you kill the other?

Have you tried a different companion? i.e. healer if you've been using DPS or vise-versa?

Are you avoiding all avoidable damage? Getting out of AoE's, using defensive cooldowns etc.

First off, posting in General with this request is likely to be met with more flames than answers. Maybe the class boards would be a better place.

Second, give us some info. Link your spec, tell us what your attributes are, what kind of gear, what companion are you using, what strats have you tried that failed.

Hard to give a constructive comment if you don't give us enough info to go on :)

Ok I am stuck at tattoine with my sith juggernaut can´t beat the two jedi in the main story anyway I feel no matter what I do I die at every boss battle.

I don´t get it ?? I have respeced my skill tree several times trying out different combinations, checked my equipment was up to the challenge, stims etc etc

But I keep dying at every turn I just want to play this game for the storyline not get stuck with warzone xp grinding which is what I hate with mmo´s in general.

I am really REALLY bored of this I mean leveling was no problem I did quests including bonus quests but once I went to tattoine it became a nightmare.

And I am so sick of hearing people these so called experts saying oh you are playing it wrong NO I AM NOT I am leveling GRINDING MY A.. OFF upgrading equipment, playing the same three warzone matches over and over again.

I am not saying I will unsub or anything like that, I like the game but for the love of god is the balance on the bosses wrong or what the hell am I doing wrong ???

What companion are you using? Some fights require the right use of your companion and also the right one. Try killing the weaker mobs first and using any CC controls you have on the Elite to take him out of the fight for a short bit. Also make sure you are the right level for the encounter. If the mobs are higher level than you are...level some and then try it.

With my Juggler I happened to re-run the first few FP's several times and have been over lvl ever since so killing those 2 was a breeze. What level are you? Maybe go do some FP's or Grp Heroics and gain 1-2 Lvls then come back and face roll them.

To everyone asking about the companion this is a class quest where your companion is put to sleep and you must solo, (Truely solo) 2 Jedi 1 Elite 1 Strong. As I said above best bet is to do other stuff on Tat or skipped stuff from previous planets and lvl up then comeback and do it.

interrupts, well geared companions(though I'm aware that your companion is paralysed at the start of that fight) and well modded gear are my main advices. Hit the old man first, make sure you interrupt his stone throwing and you should be fine, maybe die after killing him and then come back and finish it, stim and a good medpack for your level would help quite a bit. I only had considerable trouble with Darth Angral on my Jedi it was also my first character.

I'm pretty sure it's the fight I described. Way out in the desert. Jaesa's mentor and his apprentice, in their hut. Your companion gets knocked out in the conversation.

I wen very light-side with the conversation, so I don't know if that affects how the fight starts, but for me, he put Vette to sleep, and then did a long channel. Instead of interrupting him, I focused on his padawan, and the padawan was just shy of down when the old guy jumped in. I don't remember any big abilities that needed interrupting, but I did have to medpack and stagger all my defensive cooldowns. It was a close fight.

One thing I tend to do now is pop enrage before starting a conversation, in case it starts a fight. That way I'm not rage starved to begin with, as your rage doesn't degrade while talking.

And you should be able to bring another player to help out if you just can't seem to finish it solo.

I'm pretty sure it's the fight I described. Way out in the desert. Jaesa's mentor and his apprentice, in their hut. Your companion gets knocked out in the conversation.

I wen very light-side with the conversation, so I don't know if that affects how the fight starts, but for me, he put Vette to sleep, and then did a long channel. Instead of interrupting him, I focused on his padawan, and the padawan was just shy of down when the old guy jumped in. I don't remember any big abilities that needed interrupting, but I did have to medpack and stagger all my defensive cooldowns. It was a close fight.

One thing I tend to do now is pop enrage before starting a conversation, in case it starts a fight. That way I'm not rage starved to begin with, as your rage doesn't degrade while talking.

And you should be able to bring another player to help out if you just can't seem to finish it solo.

My memory of it is a bit fuzzy, but I think this describes it.

The big reason I died a few times was that I didn't realize one of them was sitting out and used smash, which brings them both in. I suspect that's happening to most people who can't beat it, because otherwise it's quite manageable.

I had someone help me with this. I am not sure why they made this peticular sith warrior boss fight so hard but I just spammed the world and a higher level helped me. This fight was the only one in the game that took me more than 2 tries (or required help from someone).

You can be a bit cheesy and back out of the hut where you can call Vette, then hit "Call On The Force" and go in again, concentrate on the padawan and don't use smash so you bring the other one into the fight right away. When the elite is down back out again and heal up / wait for CDs then go in and finish the other one..

The OP is honest about not being an MMO player. Those replying have to keep in mind that things those of us who play MMOs take for granted, he might not even know about.

I empathize with the OP. I've never played WoW, but I feel as though this game speaks the language of WoW in its mechanics. Just reading posts from players at Warzones or Flashpoints tells me this...all of this WoW jargon that I've no clue about. And I'm not an MMO newbie, either.

Old thread on tips about the fight:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=282488

I don't remember it being difficult on my marauder.

The one i remeber on the Marauder was the one in Alderran where waves and waves of mobs came out of the cave and then 2 strongs at the end with hardly any time to heal up inbetwween. But in retrospect, I should of used the healer comanion instead of vette.