GS is the hardes class to get pvp gear and reach valor rank 60

Ravzar

GS is the only class that cannot get heal or protection medals. Along with snipers we get the least medals in the game. This equates to less valor and less commendations and is a significant difference over a long period of time. We are the hardest to gear up and get to valor rank 60 and it happens to be one of the most gear dependent classes.

It would be so easy to fix this too... scramble shield should give protection medals. It is an aoe 20% damage reduction to the people inside and it is protection and it works like taunts. There is no reason for not allowing it to get the protection medals.

I'm thinking you "might" be playing the wrong game as I. Just saying.

I have never had trouble as sharpshooter or a dirty fighter spec smuggler. 10 - 49 now is probably the ideal PvP format the game currently has to offer since they removed 50's from it. I went through the ranks with 50's and let me tell you - that was tough. But now - easy peasy.

Couple things to remember.

1. Other side of 50 will require some gear to compete and live longer than without the pvp gear. It is what it is, but again Bioware changed it and you will have a easier time with the initial gearing.

2. Sharpshooter requires cover and standing still. In PvP this usually means death will shortly follow. It can work, and does, if you understand how it works and can adapt. Dirty fighting on the other hand is more mobile. NOTE: Dirty Fighting is super in that it can dot people and prevent them from capping - something often that goes unnoticed.

3. Dailies are your friend. Warzone and Ilum if you can. It is a pain I know because of populations but if you just send a bit of time you can and before you k now it weekies are done and you have a buttload of bags :)

4. Datacrons... Find them. Use them. Love them.

Sure - I was happy as a pig in the mud when I broke 300,000 damage yesterday in a WZ. Only to find out I was third and the top two are 500K and 400k :)

I'm thinking you "might" be playing the wrong game as I. Just saying.

I have never had trouble as sharpshooter or a dirty fighter spec smuggler. 10 - 49 now is probably the ideal PvP format the game currently has to offer since they removed 50's from it. I went through the ranks with 50's and let me tell you - that was tough. But now - easy peasy.

Couple things to remember.

1. Other side of 50 will require some gear to compete and live longer than without the pvp gear. It is what it is, but again Bioware changed it and you will have a easier time with the initial gearing.

2. Sharpshooter requires cover and standing still. In PvP this usually means death will shortly follow. It can work, and does, if you understand how it works and can adapt. Dirty fighting on the other hand is more mobile. NOTE: Dirty Fighting is super in that it can dot people and prevent them from capping - something often that goes unnoticed.

3. Dailies are your friend. Warzone and Ilum if you can. It is a pain I know because of populations but if you just send a bit of time you can and before you k now it weekies are done and you have a buttload of bags :)

4. Datacrons... Find them. Use them. Love them.

Sure - I was happy as a pig in the mud when I broke 300,000 damage yesterday in a WZ. Only to find out I was third and the top two are 500K and 400k :)

I think you misunderstood what I am talking about. Even if you're at the top of your game as a GS doing everything right you cannot get more medals than other classes. It simply is not possible because you arn't getting healing or protection medals. This isn't to do with how to play the class at all. I know how to play it but the point is I would get more medals say playing a DPS vanguard and using taunt when it is up.

yah it does kind of suck I used to get an average of 9 medals a game because of the shockwater glass or w/e it is to get the 2 ez medals but now i can't seem to get more than 7 unless im on the snow place. However, recently i have been winning most of my games since i switched to a sabo/dirty fighting hybrid spec, about 80%. The dmg you do is insane because you can pretty much never run out of energy if you play correctly. The most i dmg i did in a game was 650k dmg in a game on voidstar. I average about 300-400 dmg otherwise. You should try it out :).

T.L.D.R: Winning games is more commedations/valor and as a gunslinger you can win games!

Edited by Lambz

yah it does kind of suck I used to get an average of 9 medals a game because of the shockwater glass or w/e it is to get the 2 ez medals but now i can't seem to get more than 7 unless im on the snow place. However, recently i have been winning most of my games since i switched to a sabo/dirty fighting hybrid spec, about 80%. The dmg you do is insane because you can pretty much never run out of energy if you play correctly. The most i dmg i did in a game was 650k dmg in a game on voidstar. I average about 300-400 dmg otherwise. You should try it out :).

T.L.D.R: Winning games is more commedations/valor and as a gunslinger you can win games!

What spec do you run?

Above poster points to GS with high valor rank as proof they arn't harder to get to a higher valor rank than other classes. Above poster clearly has flawless logic that is impenetrable by our meager minds. Clearly this one example is enough to end the thread here (yes that was sarcasm for all the Sheldons out there)

I think it just varies. I don't really compare who gets how many medals. All I honestly care about is completing my dailies (WZ and Ilum), then weekly for both, then I just farm WZ and Ilum for Valor.

Sometimes I get only 4 medals, other times 7. Just saying don't stress over it. Grass is always greener on the other side. If that is the case just roll Imp also so you don't have to deal with the population issue as well :)

Healers get less medals than us.

The your healers arent doing a wel rounded job. On my server, healing classes are tops on the rep medals everytime. Everyone of them can do decent dps to earn medals as well as the heals.

Self heals shouldnt count. I just saw a claim my shield is supposed to earn protection medals.... in 57 lvls of GS Ive never seen this work like that.

I routinely get 7+ medals and I don't use any exploits. Gear up and use your AOE wisely and defend those capture points!

... this isn't about gear or aoe. I can get 7 medals too and possibly more if I can get a defence medal or something. It is the point that if you were on another class like a sage or vanguard you could get 10+ medals. If you're a DPS class like a shadow and you just spam taunt thats 3 medals extra every game.

in Ilum Gunslingers/Snipers just shine and Ilum is the fastest way to gain valor which of course if there are fights.

Probably we harvest valor easier than all other classes.

^ this.

Ilum is the best way to gain valor and that's where we are the best.

For WZs medal, only tanking class has it easy. Still you should be able to grab about 6-7 medals each match.

It all depends I usually find myself doing the most damage in wzs and getting the most medals, because I have the damage to hit 75k of damage, get 5k in a single hit, kill 25 enemies. Kill an enemy 1 on 1. I do agree I wish some of our shields could get us protection medals but other than that we do good at what we do.