Server Population is GROWING!

Azzras

I know the OP is a humor post, server pop on mine is dropping noticeably, over a week ago I had no problems doing warzones in the morning (PST time) but in the past couple weeks many warzones close due to lack of players, imp fleet averages 40-60 people in the morning when it was easily 90-100 people beforehand, peak I've seen was 270+ on a busy night, now it's around 140-150.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you're enjoying the game.

It would be in your best interest to ignore the forums as there are still a lot of doomsayers and 'they sky is falling' trolls out here.

Or you can be like me and feed them/starve them and ultimately lol at them.

It's fun to do when I can't be in game.

;)

I have played WOW off and on since release. Many of the gripers here who have put WOW on a pedestal most definitely did not play WOW on release when there were a myriad of bugs and lost content. Battlegrounds was not even in WOW release which is a big part of Warcraft. Arena did not come in til years later.

Anyways WOW forums to this day have their share of trolls so I don't read much into the same whiners who post here, haha.

Yes, you are so right. The people I interact with on a semi daily basis are all just bots. Egads, I have been playing a single player game this whole time!!

Since SWTOR is WoW in Space.... Then.. OMG.. WoW is a single player game? I played WoW for a couple years!! This whole time... OMG, I thought those were real people!!!! Why didn't someone tell me?!?! How sad that I thought those were all real people. :(

They were all Tyler Durden.

You are not your epic speeder

You are not the credits in your wallet

You are not your epic leggings

or your network of guildmates

You are the all singing all dancing salvage of Taris.

*"Stealing Fat" by The Dust Brothers begins to play*

Edited by Thaltom

I have played WOW off and on since release. Many of the gripers here who have put WOW on a pedestal most definitely did not play WOW on release when there were a myriad of bugs and lost content. Battlegrounds was not even in WOW release which is a big part of Warcraft. Arena did not come in til years later.

Anyways WOW forums to this day have their share of trolls so I don't read much into the same whiners who post here, haha.

I played WoW on release and stopped after BC was released.

I was too busy having fun to give a crap about the forums.

On the other hand the forums on swtor are as entertaining as the game once you've finished two class storylines.

Fleet used to only have about 50-60 republic players, but now during prime time has over 100!

As BW releases more copies of the game, more players log in.

Tis a good day.

you need to cook those shrooms before you eat them.

Sales from vgcharts. make up your own minds:

Week Ending Week Weekly Change Total

24th December 2011 1 1,453,494 N/A 1,453,494

31st December 2011 2 316,194 -78.2% 1,769,688

07th January 2012 3 111,762 -64.7% 1,881,450

14th January 2012 4 67,742 -39.4% 1,949,192

21st January 2012 5 59,131 -12.7% 2,008,323

28th January 2012 6 49,075 -17.0% 2,057,398

04th February 2012 7 36,225 -26.2% 2,093,623

You realize that once someone buys the game, they're not going to buy it AGAIN? Do you even know how to interpret the information you posted?

Of course weekly sales are going to steadily decline after launch week. Did you mean this to look bad for SWTOR? 2.1M sales looks pretty darn good to me!

You people have to remember, the game was released in December. Most everyone was on break at that time, College students mostly, working adults, even high school and elementary kids. Now that the holidays are over a lot of people don't have time to play. I know I went for about a month without playing once the semester started. Not only that but it'll take time for word to spread that the game is actually really good, or rather for people to believe that it's good (especially for die hard WoW fans). Come summer the populations will jump up again, don't worry.

A non-linear massive open world game, one where you are not tunnelled down any given path, freedom to wander. freedom to level where you want.

I've played many MMORPGs (age will remain anon! :D ).. and to be honest. They have never felt Linear, tunnel driven, static... my List include (SWG, EQ2, WoW, Conan, Vanguard, Rift.....).. whilst I've played these I've always felt as though I’ve been part of something big, real....

I can walk out of Stormwind.. walk straight through Childville (or whatever it's called.. it's been so long I forget it's name....), carry on across the fields and over a river. Now this is where it gets tricky... dodge the highish level wolves n spiders, and so on... but it's safer to go left or right... it's just open to explore.... Same with Rift, EQ2, SWG...... I remember, starting WoW in the good old Vanilla days and me and my mate would dare to explore as far as we could. It seemed endless, off the beaten track and all!

TOR gives the impression of openness, but it's not... people see an MMO as an escape to there normal lives, to exist in a seamless world/universe/Galaxy... I mean come on the planets are that small I did em in no time.... Alderan was a little more open granted, and Hoth.. but most others are way to small, I felt like I was wearing blinkers, and guided down each path.. I wanted to explore, discover.. be adventurous.. It felt like I was in a shoe box and wanted to punch the sides out!! I felt claustrophobic!

Space? Don’t make me larf!!

Granted the general MMO definition is:

MMO

1.(online gaming) A massively multiplayer online game. A computer game in which a large number of players can simultaneously interact in a persistent world.

2.(colloquial) A massively multiplayer online role-playing game.

But it's in my view loosley based on what most people generaly expect from an MMO, true MMO that is.

Visually SWTOR is superb, if not static. But it's not a true open world mmo... perhaps later things'll change. I do like the game as well, but itbasically KOTOR3 with some online play.. a bit like ermmm Battlefield 3, ermmm MW3.... and so on. So yeah for the not so fussy, I suppose it's a little like an MMO....

If you played some of those above mentioned MMOs you'd get what, I'm failing to get at...

One of the silliest things ever posted on these forums.

By your OWN example let us consider the following.

Let us take the very same walk you are taking. Leave stormwind and continue walking in any direction.

Though it may take you a few minutes longer you will run into EXACTLY the same thing you do in TOR. An invisible wall that kills you.

Friend it isn't that there are no rails in WoW, it's just that the tunnel is bigger.

This game is every bit as much an MMO as the people who play it choose to make it.

It is getting very tiring to see people claiming it is not an MMO when it clearly is. You concede this fact with your own words in this post.

Just stop being silly and find another hobby.

Also, Space Slug has seen continued and steady growth since Beta. It has nothing to do with what they cap the servers at, numbers are numbers and they are getting bigger.

I'm really sorry the game is succeeding when so many of you have so much invested in its failure. Perhaps a new hobby is in order. I suggest standing outside of the grocer and yelling about how terrible Broccoli is.

Or maybe standing outside of a restaurant you don't particularly like and screaming at everybody who enters. Tell them how horrible the place is because you said so. See how that goes over.

Edited by Sparklehorse

Let us take the very same walk you are taking. Leave stormwind and continue walking in any direction.

Though it may take you a few minutes longer you will run into EXACTLY the same thing you do in TOR. An invisible wall that kills you.

Friend it isn't that there are no rails in WoW, it's just that the tunnel is bigger.

This game is every bit as much an MMO as the people who play it choose to make it.

It is getting very tiring to see people claiming it is not an MMO when it clearly is. You concede this fact with your own words in this post.

Also, Space Slug has seen continued and steady growth since Beta. It has nothing to do with what they cap the servers at, numbers are numbers and they are getting bigger.

I'm really sorry the game is succeeding when so many of you have so much invested in its failure. Perhaps a new hobby is in order. I suggest standing outside of the grocer and yelling about how terrible Broccoli is.

Or maybe standing outside of a restaurant you don't particularly like and screaming at everybody who enters. Tell them how horrible the place is because you said so. See how that goes over.

LOl

Someone has to be willing to pay them.

This just means more people have been hitting 50 and are afk'ing/waiting for queues on the fleet because there is no reason for them to be anywhere else.

So basically, if the fleet population is dropping, it's because less people are playing the game... but if the fleet population is growing, it's because less people are playing the game.

So no matter what the population is on the fleets, you're saying it's a sign that less people are playing the game?

If there are that many people on the fleet, then they wouldn't be waiting for queues, as there are enough to fill the queues.

***, I logged on 10 mins after the servers came up and there where 10 people in the fleet, this game is dying!111oneoneone1!

LMAO, 10 minutes after servers came up? Now, I'm not claiming that I know the status of the game, but an analysis taken right after the servers come back up (and assuming off-peak, hence them being down) is just asinine.

+1

Love it!

You realize that once someone buys the game, they're not going to buy it AGAIN? Do you even know how to interpret the information you posted?

Of course weekly sales are going to steadily decline after launch week. Did you mean this to look bad for SWTOR? 2.1M sales looks pretty darn good to me!

The guys over at TORWARS think that they will be announcing either 2.5 or 2.9 million soon...keep in mind they have been 100% accurate in their "predictions" (actually they are in pretty tight with the Bioware devs I think ;) )so far.

Oh and yeah growing like mad I have gone from a small queue on EH on the weekends to a small queue almost nightly and it isn't just EH...I hear reports from other servers in the same predicament.

Like I always said I think the sub population will level out at about four or five mil by this time next year.

But yeah..... dooom doooom the sky is falling Tela was right it's the TOrtanic :rolleyes:

Edited by Jett-Rinn

So basically, if the fleet population is dropping, it's because less people are playing the game... but if the fleet population is growing, it's because less people are playing the game.

So no matter what the population is on the fleets, you're saying it's a sign that less people are playing the game?

If there are that many people on the fleet, then they wouldn't be waiting for queues, as there are enough to fill the queues.

This is a classic example of tater logic.

Take whatever evidence is given and twist it to suit your needs.

They are also quite fond of changing the rules mid-game. For example:

"SWTOR is failing just wait until you see the huge drop in subs after the free month.

30 days later.

"The first 30 days aren't sufficient to judge by, wait until the numbers in early February."

February rolls around and we get fantastioc OFFICIAL numbers indicating an 85% retention rate and what do the taters say?

"Wait until the 6 month mark, Then you can really tell."

It would be funny if it wasn't so damn sad.

Fleet used to only have about 50-60 republic players, but now during prime time has over 100!

As BW releases more copies of the game, more players log in.

Tis a good day.

You're going to disturb the people who want to believe the game is failing. They may even rage. :eek:

The guys over at TORWARS think that they will be announcing either 2.5 or 2.9 million soon...keep in mind they have been 100% accurate in their "predictions" (actually they are in pretty tight with the Bioware devs I think ;) )so far.

Oh and yeah growing like mad I have gone from a small queue on EH on the weekends to a small queue almost nightly and it isn't just EH...I hear reports from other servers in the same predicament.

Like I always said I think the sub population will level out at about four or five mil by this time next year.

But yeah..... dooom doooom the sky is falling Tela was right it's the TOrtanic :rolleyes:

I'd be more interested in them announcing their subscription numbers rather than sales, this being an MMO and all.

Overall sales aren't bad but how do you expect to grow subs when you sell less than 9,000 copies in the US in a week? If you are going to grow, new sales need to stay ahead of cancels and the trend is not their friend here.

In order to hit approx 5 mil by this time next year you need to see monthly sales of around 350k-360k a month, and that's with a retention rate staying at around 70%. We aren't seeing that right now.

If they add new regions/countries you can help offset that required growth but in the absence of global expansion it will be tough.

Overall sales aren't bad but how do you expect to grow subs when you sell less than 9,000 copies in the US in a week? If you are going to grow, new sales need to stay ahead of cancels and the trend is not their friend here.

Man, I wish I could sell 9k copies of something in a week.

Also, isn't box sells still limited?

To add to this, the general consensus is that there are a a butt load of people playing.

I don't see the concern...unless you are petitioning for the game to fail...