Server Population is GROWING!

Azzras

thats as legit source as my spread sheet on the table.

It's far more legit than people like you who dislike the game yet still sit around the forums spreading doom and gloom.

Surely MMO X that is better than this game can keep you more entertained so you don't have to be trolling these forums all day?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER online game. THis is just an Online game.

1.7 million players isn't MASSIVE enough for you?

Try something new, like...i don't know...being social?

OH NOES, I NEED A BUTTON TO HELP ME FIND PEOPLE TO PLAY WITH SO I CAN NINJA THEIR STUFF AND NEVER SEE THEM AGAIN!

That sum up your opinion?

Chromiie, I normally don't like to feed your kind but this is an exception.

The sky is falling!

On a serious note, my server has not had any server population problems that I'm aware of.

Everyone loves the hutt!

The point of your thread reads, 'Because there are more people on the fleet then that must mean there are more people playing.' This is illogical. It just means there are more level 50s, not that the population is growing.

I struggle with understanding how the sub base can really be growing when TOR didn't even crack the TOP 40 in US game sales for the week of 2/4. It sold less than 9,000 copies in the US. Overall it was the 28th best selling game globally. I struggle to see how those sales would keep up with cancels.

The point of your thread reads, 'Because there are more people on the fleet then that must mean there are more people playing.' This is illogical. It just means there are more level 50s, not that the population is growing.

Now you made me lol, so I'll spell it out for you.

There are a ton of threads being started that state the EXACT same thing save they are saying the the population is dropping.

This thread was created to help visualize how that comparison is both inaccurate and overall a sad attempt at being a doomsayer.

(I thought the link I had implanted in my response to you would have been enough.)

Cheers, m8

;)

A lot of new players are joining late like me. I just started my acct. 9 days ago.

Real sign will be the 6 month mark. Also there are some big titles nearing release like Mass Effect & Diablo 3 which is going to occupy SWTOR gamers. Heck even Blizzard is worried about their own game D3 when they offered a free copy of D3 if WoW subscribers committed to a full year subscription, lol.

There are a ton of threads being started that state the EXACT same thing save they are saying the the population is dropping.

This thread was created to help visualize how that comparison is both inaccurate and overall a sad attempt at being a doomsayer.

(I thought the link I had implanted in my response to you would have been enough.)

Cheers, m8

;)

I don't click links from random people. Also, sarcasm doesn't come across as well as idiocy does. I took it for what it was. Good work, I guess?

A lot of new players are joining late like me. I just started my acct. 9 days ago.

Real sign will be the 6 month mark. Also there are some big titles nearing release like Mass Effect & Diablo 3 which is going to occupy SWTOR gamers. Heck even Blizzard is worried about their own game D3 when they offered a free copy of D3 if WoW subscribers committed to a full year subscription, lol.

I hope you're enjoying the game.

It would be in your best interest to ignore the forums as there are still a lot of doomsayers and 'they sky is falling' trolls out here.

Or you can be like me and feed them/starve them and ultimately lol at them.

It's fun to do when I can't be in game.

;)

Cheers, m8

;)

I think those doomsayers don't understand that they have no facts to back up there claims other than a subjective personal experience.

For every person that says "it looks like population dropped a lot!" you have someone with my experience and the OP's - republic side pop has BOOMEd in the last 1-2 weeks going from 4-50 in coruscant at peak hours to over 100 regularly at peak hours with a subsequent increase in fleet population.

My experience with server population does not "prove" pop is rising anymore than someone with the opposite experience proving numbers dropped.

Unless your Riddickz who said hahahah 1.7 mil subs is less than they had in December - and does not get why that makes no sense - there are no numbers outside of torstatus(and i have no idea how reliable they are) to go on

Tell me what an MMO is then?

I'm dying to know.

A non-linear massive open world game, one where you are not tunnelled down any given path, freedom to wander. freedom to level where you want.

I've played many MMORPGs (age will remain anon! :D ).. and to be honest. They have never felt Linear, tunnel driven, static... my List include (SWG, EQ2, WoW, Conan, Vanguard, Rift.....).. whilst I've played these I've always felt as though I’ve been part of something big, real....

I can walk out of Stormwind.. walk straight through Childville (or whatever it's called.. it's been so long I forget it's name....), carry on across the fields and over a river. Now this is where it gets tricky... dodge the highish level wolves n spiders, and so on... but it's safer to go left or right... it's just open to explore.... Same with Rift, EQ2, SWG...... I remember, starting WoW in the good old Vanilla days and me and my mate would dare to explore as far as we could. It seemed endless, off the beaten track and all!

TOR gives the impression of openness, but it's not... people see an MMO as an escape to there normal lives, to exist in a seamless world/universe/Galaxy... I mean come on the planets are that small I did em in no time.... Alderan was a little more open granted, and Hoth.. but most others are way to small, I felt like I was wearing blinkers, and guided down each path.. I wanted to explore, discover.. be adventurous.. It felt like I was in a shoe box and wanted to punch the sides out!! I felt claustrophobic!

Space? Don’t make me larf!!

Granted the general MMO definition is:

MMO

1.(online gaming) A massively multiplayer online game. A computer game in which a large number of players can simultaneously interact in a persistent world.

2.(colloquial) A massively multiplayer online role-playing game.

But it's in my view loosley based on what most people generaly expect from an MMO, true MMO that is.

Visually SWTOR is superb, if not static. But it's not a true open world mmo... perhaps later things'll change. I do like the game as well, but itbasically KOTOR3 with some online play.. a bit like ermmm Battlefield 3, ermmm MW3.... and so on. So yeah for the not so fussy, I suppose it's a little like an MMO....

If you played some of those above mentioned MMOs you'd get what, I'm failing to get at...

A non-linear massive open world game, one where you are not tunnelled down any given path, freedom to wander. freedom to level where you want.

I've played many MMORPGs (age will remain anon! :D ).. and to be honest. They have never felt Linear, tunnel driven, static... my List include (SWG, EQ2, WoW, Conan, Vanguard, Rift.....).. whilst I've played these I've always felt as though I’ve been part of something big, real....

I can walk out of Stormwind.. walk straight through Childville (or whatever it's called.. it's been so long I forget it's name....), carry on across the fields and over a river. Now this is where it gets tricky... dodge the highish level wolves n spiders, and so on... but it's safer to go left or right... it's just open to explore.... Same with Rift, EQ2, SWG...... I remember, starting WoW in the good old Vanilla days and me and my mate would dare to explore as far as we could. It seemed endless, off the beaten track and all!

TOR gives the impression of openness, but it's not... people see an MMO as an escape to there normal lives, to exist in a seamless world/universe/Galaxy... I mean come on the planets are that small I did em in no time.... Alderan was a little more open granted, and Hoth.. but most others are way to small, I felt like I was wearing blinkers, and guided down each path.. I wanted to explore, discover.. be adventurous.. It felt like I was in a shoe box and wanted to punch the sides out!! I felt claustrophobic!

Space? Don’t make me larf!!

Granted the general MMO definition is:

MMO

1.(online gaming) A massively multiplayer online game. A computer game in which a large number of players can simultaneously interact in a persistent world.

2.(colloquial) A massively multiplayer online role-playing game.

But it's in my view loosley based on what most people generaly expect from an MMO, true MMO that is.

Visually SWTOR is superb, if not static. But it's not a true open world mmo... perhaps later things'll change. I do like the game as well, but itbasically KOTOR3 with some online play.. a bit like ermmm Battlefield 3, ermmm MW3.... and so on. So yeah for the not so fussy, I suppose it's a little like an MMO....

If you played some of those above mentioned MMOs you'd get what, I'm failing to get at...

I don't see how SWTOR doesn't fall into that definition. You "SWTOR ISN'T AN MMO" people are facking insane.

cause they shrunk the severs not cause its growing

Please read the post on the following page:

I don't think it is a legit source. That's my own opinion. It can't possibly display 100% accurate numbers

BUT

Haters love to use it as "proof" the game is dieing despite logic and reason. So I figure if you can't beat them... use the club they beat you with to beat them.

A MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER online game. THis is just an Online game.

So, having a couple hundred people online in one fleet able to group up and take on operations and flashpoints, or group up for PvP, or chat and/or trade is not a multiplayer experience???

You have to be kidding me. I am so sick of this "NON-MMO" crowd I could puke. You are all reaching fro straws.