/Rolling a Marauder cause they are so awesome

Assaultrooper

I got a PT main, and the only class which I have relative problems with are marauders. What do I mean? I can kill Sorcs, Mercs, without using a single cooldown, hey I can even 2v1 if I use all my dps cooldowns. I can kite Juggs to death. I can recover pretty OK from a Operative burst with a few of my D cds.

BUT I cant expect to win against a good marauder if I got even 1 cd down. Marauders push me to my very limit, and even when I can think "Yea! I got him!" he can turn the entire fight on those 5 sec immunity, and I love that. So I will be trying a marauder pretty soon, seems to be the type of class that if you're bad, you are REALLY bad, and if you are good You become godly :D

See y'all in a few days, Good Hunting.

I got a PT main, and the only class which I have relative problems with are marauders. What do I mean? I can kill Sorcs, Mercs, without using a single cooldown, hey I can even 2v1 if I use all my dps cooldowns. I can kite Juggs to death. I can recover pretty OK from a Operative burst with a few of my D cds.

BUT I cant expect to win against a good marauder if I got even 1 cd down. Marauders push me to my very limit, and even when I can think "Yea! I got him!" he can turn the entire fight on those 5 sec immunity, and I love that. So I will be trying a marauder pretty soon, seems to be the type of class that if you're bad, you are REALLY bad, and if you are good You become godly :D

See y'all in a few days, Good Hunting.

I can't believe you put one of my posts in your sig, let alone one that's not even an hour old... even if it is very true.

Welcome to the club, after playing a powertech to lvl 40ish around a while ago I started playing the marauder and its really a fun class. Powertech feels almost boring after you are playing the maurader, except kiting and the lovely grapple. But dont expect easy going from range like you do with the PT at early levels already. :D

Have Fun with your Marauder ..

Edited by BobaFurz

A common complaint about PTs seems to be that they're such a weird class. They're not melee and they're not ranged but some sort of freakish mix. A lot of people are put off by this I think. I've seen quite a few PTs reroll Snipers and some rerolled Marauders.

Its going to be quite a change.

Starting as a marauder seems to ruin other classes for me...they are boring how easy they are to manage. However a marauder in action hurts my fingers and can be a nightmare to micromanage...Seems my marauder goes down faster than my sniper (another boringly easy class) and do less damage unless played to perfection..in which case they are nearly god like.

Stick with the class...prepare to bind keys like crazy. Get ready to manage your shields/ force camo and undying rage for escapes/ force scream and your throws for "range" your buffs which should be used often and have short life on top of your rage building and rage spending...which needs to be managed flawlessly.

Its fun...makes me wish they made every class as complex...game would be a very diffrent play.

Most of the marauder complaints are from people who want a 4 button rotation class that only needs to manage a character resource like energy or heat. At times youll wish the marauder was that easy to play since it does take a toll on you especially during endgame content.

But imo..they look the coolest...look awesom in battle with their skills...and offer an actual challange to play. And when played right, and flawlessly are just crazy what they can do since they have zero downtime once they get rolling.

I've been so sad about the Mara QQ but after reading this post I'm scared. I don't want to get nerfed ;) I've gone from using 8-10 key-binds in WoW to using 18 as Mara. I'm so glad I picked this class. Mainly I chose Mara because it's a strength class and I never want to tank because I did it for far too lang. This class is super challenging and amazing. Finally some love!

Prepare to be frustrated early. Marauders are weak up until the mid 30s, there is just no other way to put it. I have an assassin tank spec who does almost as much damage as my marauder did in the early 30s, but with a lot more survivability. They pick up really fast in the late 30s, though, so don't get discouraged and stick with it.

Prepare to be frustrated early. Marauders are weak up until the mid 30s, there is just no other way to put it. I have an assassin tank spec who does almost as much damage as my marauder did in the early 30s, but with a lot more survivability. They pick up really fast in the late 30s, though, so don't get discouraged and stick with it.

I was topping damage charts in PvP before I was 20. Just gotta play smart, stick with Shii-Cho form and Berserk for your Fury dump, and then start spamming Viscous Slash. All the while going strictly up the carnage tree. I prefer to call this fighting style "Complete Disregard for your own Safety".