DOTs and preventing player from capturing point

Aamp

To the people saying Dispell and stop QQing , not every warzone will have a healer that can dispell all DoTs the game applies , if your without the right class this is an instant win tactic for the other team.

And people who can dispel the dots on them/others just dont and still continuously click the turret/door whilst dotted.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about the PVP vendors sell some sort of DoT Removal Adrenal. No need to fuss about your party composition, no need to worry about what kind of DoTs your class/skill could or could not purge by themselves, just use the Adrenal and finish the cap. No changes needed to anyone's class or abilities and correctly applies only to PVP where the purported problem is (PVP consumable).

These vendors already sell these sort of consumables anyway.

If another person DoTs you well... the coast wasn't clear and they legitimately stopped you with a fair challenge.

Edited by EyeRekon

How about the PVP vendors sell some sort of DoT Removal Adrenal. No need to fuss about your party composition, no need to worry about what kind of DoTs your class/skill could or could not purge by themselves, just use the Adrenal and finish the cap. No changes needed to anyone's class or abilities and correctly applies only to PVP where the purported problem is (PVP consumable).

These vendors already sell these sort of consumables anyway.

If another person DoTs you well... the coast wasn't clear and they legitimately stopped you with a fair challenge.

Why add adrenal when you can just have the first few ticks prevent from capping and that's that? If you add another item that removes dots, makes dispels kind of useless.

I hope bioware sees this is a problem and fixes it.

Why add adrenal when you can just have the first few ticks prevent from capping and that's that? If you add another item that removes dots, makes dispels kind of useless.

I hope bioware sees this is a problem and fixes it.

Not really, Dispel is already situational and still can be used. All my suggestion does is give each player a little more ability to deal with the situation.

What?! Players using strategy to win? PREPOSTEROUS!! NERF!!

On a more serious note, there's no lack of Sages/Commandos in every warzone. Cleanse is your friend.

A lone dotter, dotting 4 people to defend a node after his/her death node is not strategy. It's a broken mechanic.

And besides, I am not asking for a nerf to dots. **** DOT away for all I care but don't let it interrupt capping for the full duration.

A lone dotter, dotting 4 people to defend a node after his/her death node is not strategy. It's a broken mechanic.

And besides, I am not asking for a nerf to dots. **** DOT away for all I care but don't let it interrupt capping for the full duration.

A lone dotter will be stunned to death before he manages to target that many players.

Also, a broken mechanic is having more than 8 players in a warzone or people using the door glitch on Voidstar. I suppose people will be complaining Vanguards/Powertech pulling people into the fire is a broken mechanic too :rolleyes:

A lone dotter will be stunned to death before he manages to target that many players.

Also, a broken mechanic is having more than 8 players in a warzone or people using the door glitch on Voidstar. I suppose people will be complaining Vanguards/Powertech pulling people into the fire is a broken mechanic too :rolleyes:

lol having more than 8 people in a wz is definitely broken... but so is my tanky *** vanguard being able to prevent 3-4 people from capping up to 15 seconds after my death (and surviving through all the stuns and damage mind you), using my gut ability, by which time I am already there again to do it all over.

Look, I do it all the time because my vanguard class allows this and I still think it's broken.

This is another of those things that kind of make Sages/Sorcerers a bit on the OP side. Spammable DoTs. On my Sorc, I can defend a single point forever by running around with a CC heavy hybrid healing build, putting up 21 second DoTs on anyone trying to cap the node, all while kiting 3 other players around/pillar humping.

However, I fear that it would only dumb down the Warzones even more...kind of like they did in that other game that had awesome Battlegrounds at first...that were gutted over time to ensure they could be completely finished in ~5 minutes. Those were sad days...

While I absolutely do not agree with the OP, I do think that just dispeling the dots is really an unworkable "solution."

Because of the way the raid frames work, we see all buffs and debuffs on players, including procs. There is no way to tell without a mouseover whether a new de/buff is a hot, dot, proc, or other cd.

WTB WoW-style "display only dispelable debuffs" UI option. Hopefully this will be fixed in 1.2.

Can we put it out there that no one supporting removing the "DoT interrupt mechanic" ever said this was happening? PvP is a game of capitalizing on limited opportunities, and it's not that one person interrupts the whole team, it's that too many of the opportunities get squandered AFTER you have already worked very hard to defeat the defending team

Arbitrarily losing to zero defenders after having won the combat is ridiculous, and it needs to stop.

I hope you realize that by the time you take out the entire team, those team members are already on their way back to continue the fight. Unless of course you are saying that you know of a way to wipe an entire group of players at the same time in order to by the amount of time you need to cap the node. If this is the case, then it is something of which is against the mechanics of the game.

Defending the idea of eliminating expertise that people invest into dot skill is also absurd. If someone has points to have a dot tick away for 18 seconds, then deal with it. This is why someone else jumps on the node to cap it if you are dotted up. Really not that difficult to do.

Earnestly, I think this needs to be changed and that dots do not prevent players from capping a point. This makes VoidStar and Alderaan such a stagnant affair and plays a huge factor in how difficult it is to capture a point. It is stupid how a single player can defend a point forever with this.

I think the WZs would be more dynamic and more fun if this was changed.

Did we met on battlefield ? :p I was under impression that every class can remove at least 2 negative effects on them. Poison etc included. DOT is for delaying you so we can bring help. Trick is to negate DOT effect AFTER enemy is killed and then capture point.

Some people don't know that and I had a match when I ALONE defend 1 point for 3 minutes against 3 oponents just because they didn't try to negate poison effect :-)

It was fun to watch all that blue lights dissapear and all that swearing on chat :p

I hope you realize that by the time you take out the entire team, those team members are already on their way back to continue the fight. Unless of course you are saying that you know of a way to wipe an entire group of players at the same time in order to by the amount of time you need to cap the node. If this is the case, then it is something of which is against the mechanics of the game.

Defending the idea of eliminating expertise that people invest into dot skill is also absurd. If someone has points to have a dot tick away for 18 seconds, then deal with it. This is why someone else jumps on the node to cap it if you are dotted up. Really not that difficult to do.

While what you say is true, dots and it preventing people from capping don't really take into effect during big zerg vs zerg fights. It's those micro fights when it's 2v1 and 3v1 that this dot mechanic seems broken.

Dots should only prevent cap on the intial tick. After that it takes no real skill or strategy to tab, dot, tab, dot, tab, dot, die, respawn spam.

I see inferior ops forcing ties in void or winning civ war simply because they have enough classes that can spam dots en en masse and zerg the respawn. Its silly and terrible design. Especially in Alderaan where the east cap point is bugged and gives the imperials a 5 tick advantage if capped at the same time as west.

Edited by TheLakers

How will this be less dynamic? Explain yourself and don't simply just post a statement. Do you want 1 person be able to defend against 3 players when he just dots everyone up? That's not strategy there, that's just a broken mechanic. Currently in Alderaan, once the bases have been established, it is very difficult to turn the tide (and more leavers) and I think a large contributor to this is the dot mechanic. If we win a battle at a base and is dotted, it takes upwards to 15 seconds before we can start capping and by then, the defender will be back on the speeder.

I rather capture points to shift control between factions constantly due to small tactical battles, which leads to more dimensions and tactics rather than zerg fests in a WZ.

Removing a tactical element from a game makes the game less dynamic.

Claiming this is a "broken mechanic" is just QQ. Feed me your tears while I beat you in warzones because my healers dispel.

DoTs interrupting caps is lame. It is anti-heroic.

If I sneak off to the side and take out 2 enemies in a 1 on 2, I should be able to cap the node. I should be the hero for winning the skirmish.

But as it stands, if I get dotted before one dies I just stand there all alone...but still can't cap the node. Its just dumb.

At the very least they should only cause pushback on the cap, not interrupt it completely.

Edited by DarthBloodloss

DoT that doesn't interrupt? Where the hell do you peeps come from, Hello Kitty Online?

Glad you said this as DOT is indeed "Damage over Time". Some are suggesting to negate all but the first tick. (of which now would make it no longer a DOT) Then others are saying to have all of that damage hit at once instead of the constant tick. That will then lead to those same players saying those classes are OP'ed down the line. Again, successfully eliminating DOTS all together.