Marauders are the most powerful pvp class in the game

Jabbb

Marauders are the most powerful class in the game. Luckily they're incredibly difficult to play so most people suck at them.

Their damage is the highest by a lot when performed properly, and their survivability is also the highest.

They have a 20% dmg reduction for 30 seconds (unless they aren't hit making it a 6 second invincibility) a 4 second invincibility and a vanish, they do the most dmg when played properly and they have an excellent gap closer.

They're also ridiculously hard to play, and most players are terrible.

No I didn't get killed by one in pvp and am now QQing, I'm lvling one up and my brother plays one, they are insanely difficult and easily best dps class in the game.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no issue with a powerful class being hard to play, i only have issue with powerful classes that are easy to play.

99% of marauders i fight are completely hopeless anyway so the more hopeless WoW kids that try and play them the better.

Edited by Evuke

I'm not going to disagree, as I don't know. I would ask though, what makes a marauder harder to play than a juggernaut?

They have a large number of abilities, and they have dots to juggle which lead into their hard hiting attacks, they have a bit of ramp time and then hit like a truck while dots roll. The proper use of their cooldowns (camo and invis) is not at the very end of the fight when you're just prolonging the fight, invis should be used in the middle/near the start of the fight.

Basically all the power is there I just hope you like binding your entire keyboard.

Their damage is great but their lack of utility is going to make them worthless in Rated WZs I fear. I do stomp most WZs on mine though. Good Marauders that are up against bad players are fairly effective.

lack of utility? pass whatever you are smoking please!!!

you don't think a group 15% dps/healing boost, and a group speed buff is good utility. We take a sentinel in every premade because of their utility. Let's not even mention the fact that they have the only heal debuff in the game (which is essential when doing bm vs bm premades with proper tanks and healers).

My premade is guaranteed a first huttball score because of a combination of speed buff/rescue and anti-cc ability on tank. You keep thinking they lack utility;), we'll keep winning.

Basically all the power is there I just hope you like binding your entire keyboard.

You mean like every other class in the game :D

Edited by Orangerascal

Marauders are the most powerful class in the game. Luckily they're incredibly difficult to play so most people suck at them.

Their damage is the highest by a lot when performed properly, and their survivability is also the highest.

They have a 20% dmg reduction for 30 seconds (unless they aren't hit making it a 6 second invincibility) a 4 second invincibility and a vanish, they do the most dmg when played properly and they have an excellent gap closer.

No I didn't get killed by one in pvp and am now QQing, I'm lvling one up and my brother plays one, they are insanely difficult and easily best dps class in the game.

When you see a bubble go around them? Use one of the 10,000 instant cast CC's in this game.

It lasts 6 seconds when not taking dmg (the duration of a cc). When you keep hitting them (like an idiot) it lasts 30 seconds.

Grats they are now a medium armor class with no dmg reduction outside a 3 minute cooldown.

The more you know...

You repeat yourself alot.

You also repeat yourself a lot.

You repeat yourself alot.

You also repeat yourself a lot.

I Lol'd at that.

But I agree that Marauders (and I also include Juggernaut's) are great fun, and can be wickedly dangerous (as with any class properly played) to go up against given bad circumstances ;-)

Taunt, guardian leap, guard the target they are attacking. Watch as they do laughable damage to my healer. When they pop their cooldown force push them away, then choke. Dead marauder.

Sorcs are x100 more useful in just about every situation. And their damage is much tougher to mitigate when spec'd deeps and they can heal for 700-1million with a good guard, not to mention plethora of CC's and recast-able OP bubble marauders could only dream of having.

Edited by TheLakers

Marauders do have high damage, but they're also easily kited. They lack any useful CC, and they most definitely are not the most survivable, as the OP claims.

They can just leap to people and root them repeatedly, lol.

Their damage is great but their lack of utility is going to make them worthless in Rated WZs I fear. I do stomp most WZs on mine though. Good Marauders that are up against bad players are fairly effective.

arent u the same person saying how OP sorcs are?

to the OP you forgot that when they get low they can pop a 99% dmg reduction ability which costs 50% of their health

can easily win you a close fight, also you can pop it and use a medpac right after to negate it and have a few seconds more of taking virtualy no dmg

marauders are dominating 1v1

i feel force camo is on too short a cooldown.. and their bleeds tick very hard

however in their defense melee classes get fked up in group pvp without heals

so it balances out

but 1v1 a mara should NOT be complaining

OP is ridiculous. I suspect you got killed by a Mara who was better than you so you come here to complain. The Mara Carnage tree is awful for PvP and bugged for PvE. Rage is a gimmicky PvP set inferior to the Jugg counterpart and useless for PvE. Annihilation is basically the only viable spec and is negated by cleanse in PvP. Even in the absence of cleanse, Annihilation Maras are mediocre PvP class. They only have 1 charge and 0 knockbacks. If they didn't have the survivability CDs they have now they would be without a doubt the worst PvP class. Keep in mind, they are squishy melee DPS without stealth.