The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Strongest 1v1 class?

NrOneHero

Bet 1 vs 1 is hard to do in a game designed around the rock, paper, scissors formula.

As a healer, I may not be able to kill anyone but put me up 1 vs 1 against a class without interrupts and the match will go on all day. On the other side, put me in a match against someone who uses those interrupts and it will be a very short match.

But for the record, I honestly believe that lightening attacks bypass armor mitigation so I have to give the edge to any class that frequently uses those attacks in a 1 vs 1 match.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turns and roundabouts..

Merc gets 2 guns... Double the chance to proc combustable gas cyl.. which in turn boosts the unload dmg if its on the victim and mitigates downtime because the big enemy of all Bountyhunters is HEAT buildup (pyro merc spams normal attacks for 1k+1.15k DOT while heat recovers)

Merc also gets a couple of nice boosts from bodyguard/arsenal which synergise well with pyrotech..

From arsenal +aim,bonus missile dmg (makes fusion and incindiary missiles pretty beastly) +bonus crit dmg to unload

From bodyguard +crit and bonus to all, +16 heat reduction (less downtime, great synergy with rapid venting which reduces vent heat CD)

Add to the above.. self healing.

I havnt played Powertech/Pyro to compare...but i dont think theres a massive diff in the 2 for pyro specs, different skills(missiles or range) become more prominant depending on which adv class is chosen...

Powertech pyro / vanguard assault is pretty much the same, their high impact hits harder because of armor pen ON non light armor classes. It's quite good btw, you rely on some 10m / 4m skills to be able to start the rail/highimpact madness ,but you can go in after softening up, stacking DoTs.

Mercenary can deal that damage while staying full ranged, while vanguards require to get toe to toe sometimes to maintain a superb dps (because, it's amazing damage to be honest), they got another DoT (that grenade) and mercs got better white damage in general.

People tends to forget ranged autoattack is awesome in this game, and paired with DoTs it already do a quite good DPS while you are LOS'in. For sure pyro/assault is better for pvp, tracer/grav round gets trained by any good player and their damage goes almost null.

For 1on1 i think the vanguard/pw with that spec is better 1on1. 25% crit chance + aoe stun + stun + interrupt is pretty much GG, and you can't kite him really.

Edited by Keldaur

the interrupt and better crowd control is probably the biggest difference.

And it's a very big difference.

Vs the extra AOE damage, Tech damage and heals a merc gets

Basically

PT Pyro trades an Interupt for Clutch Heals (spammable rapidscans which crit for 4-5k) and AOE CC for AOE DMG.

All in all those things balance out depending on the situation..

Vs the extra AOE damage, Tech damage and heals a merc gets

Basically

PT Pyro trades an Interupt for Clutch Heals (spammable rapidscans which crit for 4-5k) and AOE CC for AOE DMG.

All in all those things balance out depending on the situation..

They got more tech (elemental damage) than you, and also a higher crit chance on their DoTs. Withouth their 25% selfbuff. Don't forget that.

Also on teamplay, heals are nice, but also are their taunts. The pull is also another interrupt if well used and close the gap.

But 1on1 only scoundrels pre nerf could win my sentinel watchman :D

Edited by Keldaur

I doubt very much anyone has the experience or has done the testing necessary to say with any confidence - it is so rare to get 1 v 1 let alone test all the class combinations in duels.

Having said that, my guess as to strongest class from observation of various fights is probably Commando due to being a heavy armoured healer - so so tough to beat when well geared.

For 1on1 i think the vanguard/pw with that spec is better 1on1. 25% crit chance + aoe stun + stun + interrupt is pretty much GG, and you can't kite him really.

I wont say i *always* win, but i will say I dont often lose 1v1 vs PT/Vanguard with my Pyro Merc.. its when they have a pocket healer that i have issues... but thats no longer 1v1 (nor is using Grapple+fire traps and acid pools)

I doubt very much anyone has the experience or has done the testing necessary to say with any confidence - it is so rare to get 1 v 1 let alone test all the class combinations in duels.

Having said that, my guess as to strongest class from observation of various fights is probably Commando due to being a heavy armoured healer - so so tough to beat when well geared.

Due to the map layout, 1v1's aren't that uncommon in huttball, sure certain classes tend to be about surviving, so they don't stay 1v1, but you certainly can get 10-15s at times.

Edited by Adzzy

when you say assasin/shadow only the tank specs for the class are good 1vs1 the full dps tree's for assasin/shadow cant stand toe to toe with anyone.

^ lol, can't believe I just read that.

Definitely assassin/shadow and marauder/sentinal.

Edited by Sookster

Ive had no problems at all 1v1 as a assassin, after i pop my cooldowns and shock / surge them for 3-4k each (90% crit chance /w recklessness), followed by a maul for 4k+ if it crits, followed by a assassinate = dead person, but i can only do this when i have my 1m 15s cooldown up :-)

Might also be my gear full champ BM MH with surge on 87% (non-trinketet)

Scoundrel/operative .

^ Even after nerf, heavily geared and rly good players I think kinda hard to counter that chain of stun + burst if they get the jump. Having said that there are so few of them that operate on that level. So when it happens it is very noticeable.

From a perspective of Assault Trooper, Marauder and Powertech is up there too but it could go either way. Haven't faced the strong ones since closing gear gap. On my server good assasins are rare but we are stacked with Shadows that win us many games by 1 on 1 situations all the time.

Edited by Stovokor

I wont say i *always* win, but i will say I dont often lose 1v1 vs PT/Vanguard with my Pyro Merc.. its when they have a pocket healer that i have issues... but thats no longer 1v1 (nor is using Grapple+fire traps and acid pools)

I don't ussually lose to marauders with my gunslinger, but playing a sentinel myself i know how easy is to kill snipers with him. Experience, knowledge and skill do a lot. I base my opinion more on facts than personal experience. Hey.