How far into the future do you see yourself with SWTOR?

Droidlife

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the game, hate the fps issues. My sub runs out in 14 days. I can't justify paying for a game that is oftentimes unplayable for me. As excited as I was for years before its release, I can't hide my disappointment in its technical failings. If they would fix the fps and improve their customer service, I could foresee myself playing the game for many years to come. If not... well... 14 days...

I lol'd a bit because you know it wont.

I don't know man. It is going to not have a sub and the avatars look better and have more customization. GW2 makes TOR look like a half assed attempt, oh wait... TOR does a good enough job of that itself. :D

Love the game, hate the fps issues. My sub runs out in 14 days. I can't justify paying for a game that is oftentimes unplayable for me. As excited as I was for years before its release, I can't hide my disappointment in its technical failings. If they would fix the fps and improve their customer service, I could foresee myself playing the game for many years to come. If not... well... 14 days...
I get 60+ (except in fleet) on an old dual-core pos XP SP3 box. Is it maybe your ISP?

Its gonna be the same with GW2, at lunch its gonna be like TOR. A bunch of things missing, everyone will ***** and moan on the forums about it for months, then come back to SW:TOR or WoW. Its always the same.

As for my sub, I plan on playing for a while. The patches seem promising !

Also i dont have the attention span of a 5 year old.

Are we talking years here, or months from you bio tubbies?

I mean given what the game design here brings at its core. The VO, the story focus etc. Imagine that a few months from now they got it all sorted technically, and the game runs smooth as silk. Can you find a long term home at the republic or the empire fleets?

/Droidlife. Proud two month game card holder.

Exactly 10 days ago. I was promissed an MMO, I got a single player RPG.

I get 60+ (except in fleet) on an old dual-core pos XP SP3 box. Is it maybe your ISP?

Unfortunately, no it isn't. I also can get 60 fps under the right conditions. Anywhere there are a lot of people, the fps drops like a rock while my GPU is starved for data (gpu usage drops to 0% while it waits). When I ping and traceroute the servers I'm not seeing any considerable lag anywhere. I'm not the only one with this problem. Feel free to check out a very informative post about it right here on the forums.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=249030

Trust me. When I say I've unsubbed, I say it only with disappointment, not malice...

Its gonna be the same with GW2, at lunch its gonna be like TOR. A bunch of things missing, everyone will ***** and moan on the forums about it for months, then come back to SW:TOR or WoW. Its always the same.

As for my sub, I plan on playing for a while. The patches seem promising !

Also i dont have the attention span of a 5 year old.

Difference with gw2 is its a one off payment so people can play it along side there subbed mmo. If this game was just a one off payment I'd carry on playing it but I'm not gonna pay monthly for it. I'll save my monthly sub for something abit more original.

How do you justify constant crashing doing the dailies on belsavis? my 7970 and i7 920 not up to par? How about 70ms pings and 16Mbps internet? After playing Shogun 2 ultra and crysis 2 with high res textures it is so disappointing to have graphical issues with such a mediocre looking game.

I was only on a month sub but having played for a week or so and loving every minute of it I subbed for three months. Can't see me letting the sub ever go cus as I develop characters I like never stop subbing a game. The game to 17 was sufficient for me to keep playing and I am certainly here for the long haul. Very entertaining I have to say.

i see myself playing until i get tired of the class stories or a cross server lfg/d finder is in for PVE

the pvp one i have no worries about as its just like playing a halo type game. but a PVE one isnt really a mmorpg should be ,i undstand why some want it.

but not me. so once they say a cross server PVE lfg/d is going to be in, im out. :(

but they way the game now is pretty cool having fun so far just wish i had more time to play :)

Edited by DarthPAWS

I was only on a month sub but having played for a week or so and loving every minute of it I subbed for three months. Can't see me letting the sub ever go cus as I develop characters I like never stop subbing a game. The game to 17 was sufficient for me to keep playing and I am certainly here for the long haul. Very entertaining I have to say.

Just wait until you get to 50 and the content isn't there anymore. Leveling in this game is solid - but ultimately mmo's are about endgame. And this game has a very bad one full of bugs and other issues.

Just waiting on gw2. Features on swtor isn't great. Here is what they need to improve.

* guild bank

* guild functions (perks, and other content just like 10 other MMO before you added on)

* this is just a single player game i can play this game on my nintendo 64 no point of online

* customer service

* different tools such as LFG option. Not target your toon so you can ask etc that is dumb.

* to many bugs when players screen shot it or have a video and said is bug and bioware complain no its not. Then we have an issue.

Yeah people say "oh they have number" I don't really care I care for quality of the game instead of quantity.

I see myself playing this game for a long time. I enjoy the story lines for the various characters, so much that I do not even have one character of lvl 20. I plan to enjoy getting to 50 on each of my toons as I'm a casual player and not in a such. I will probably rush one toon up to 50 for my guild so I can contribute to operations and such, but there is a lot in this game and based on what I've seen so far they are only going to add to it as this game gets more and more successful.

I don't see an end to my subscription currently.

Just waiting on gw2. Features on swtor isn't great. Here is what they need to improve.

* guild bank

* guild functions (perks, and other content just like 10 other MMO before you added on)

* this is just a single player game i can play this game on my nintendo 64 no point of online

* customer service

* different tools such as LFG option. Not target your toon so you can ask etc that is dumb.

* to many bugs when players screen shot it or have a video and said is bug and bioware complain no its not. Then we have an issue.

Yeah people say "oh they have number" I don't really care I care for quality of the game instead of quantity.

I think a lot of this stuff will come. Folks seem to be comparing it a lot to WoW, but keep in mind blizzard had 7 years and billions of dollars in revenue to get where they are at. I'm impressed with what I've seen and have no doubt many improvements are incoming.

As is, the game is very enjoyable. Ya, End game content may be light, but I only know that from reading some forum posts. I have had so much content to enjoy I have not even gotten one character past lvl 20 right now. My 2 cents.

If I'm here in 2 months I'll be surprised. I'll stay t see a few more storylines and a little endgame then I'm canceling.

300 million and the game has no depth, no heart, no soul.. Regardless of what bioware thinks, the story alone will bot carry this game. Imagine if they used 100 million to actual implement fun game play mechanics, customization and a bit of soul to the game. As of now, it's not worth the 65 price tag let alone +15 a month.

Shame on you Bioware..