MUFanatic

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just chiming in to say:

Yes to same-server LFD tool.

No to cross-server LFD tool.

Part of the reason I pug is to find good people for my friendlist so I can pug less often. Same-server LFD helps me do this faster. Cross-server LFD makes this slower.

Just chiming in to say:

Yes to same-server LFD tool.

No to cross-server LFD tool.

Part of the reason I pug is to find good people for my friendlist so I can pug less often. Same-server LFD helps me do this faster. Cross-server LFD makes this slower.

What about a toggle that allows both parties to win?

yeah i remember as alliance (wow) trying to do scarlet monastary in vanilla. I'd have to use the /who to personally message every single person the right level for the instance and hope for a response. Get the group up and it took easily 15 minutes to get to the instance. Oh wait someone dropped group back to the drawing board oh that made another person drop well hell with the whole thing but now I'm all the way across the world from where I need to quest... LFG really ruined the game alright I sure miss my old instances.

Except the /who lookup is pitiful in this game, chat ui is insufferable so responding to and answering/asking questions of multiple people is like root canal.

It's not 2006 it's 2012 lets get with the times and accept that regular instances/flashpoints or whatever some other game calls it should run on a lobby system.

omg this

omg this

This is just signing onto the same fear those games have an allowing them to dictate the direction of ALL games instead of just theirs. I realize they are the "powerhouse" of the mmo genre, but that doesn't mean all games should mimic their every move. Again cause I refuse to let my point go. People are right that the current lfg thing is fairly unfulfilling. But that doesn't mean that a cross server function is the fix all. Merge servers, it can help

fix server pvp lakes

grouping issues for raids/fp's/world bosses

build longer lasting guilds for those that are into it

make the gtn more active and have better prices

lower cost for additional servers, adding more monies to actual development

edit-The thread you tout in your sig doesn't even list the reason I am against the cross server function in the OP. Not to mention you keep jumping back and forth only adding filler to it and this.

Merge Servers

Edited by Gittyup

This is just signing onto the same fear those games have an allowing them to dictate the direction of ALL games instead of just theirs. I realize they are the "powerhouse" of the mmo genre, but that doesn't mean all games should mimic their every move. Again cause I refuse to let my point go. People are right that the current lfg thing is fairly unfulfilling. But that doesn't mean that a cross server function is the fix all. Merge servers, it can help

fix server pvp lakes

edit-The thread you tout in your sig doesn't even list the reason I am against the cross server function in the OP. Not to mention you keep jumping back and forth only adding filler to it and this.

Merge Servers

You're correct that Cross-Server will not fix all problems. It will however fix all *my* current problems. That being said, I am not actively seeking to "ruin" your game play, and don't need a cookie-cutter copy of WoW's anything. So if some compromises can be made great. Amongst the first off my head would be Cross/In Server being an optional selection, Cross Server friends/ignore lists with both lists given priority when you choose either Cross or In Server... I'll think of more in a minute. TouchBass has been one of the more even tempered and rationale people in our 'Pro Cross Server, Pro LFG" camp, so lets try to keep the personal jabs at a minimum, it doesn't do anyone any good and doesn't get us anywhere. I'm as guilty of it as anyone, but we're all trying to find a happy middle ground.

You're correct that Cross-Server will not fix all problems. It will however fix all *my* current problems. That being said, I am not actively seeking to "ruin" your game play, and don't need a cookie-cutter copy of WoW's anything. So if some compromises can be made great. Amongst the first off my head would be Cross/In Server being an optional selection, Cross Server friends/ignore lists with both lists given priority when you choose either Cross or In Server... I'll think of more in a minute. TouchBass has been one of the more even tempered and rationale people in our 'Pro Cross Server, Pro LFG" camp, so lets try to keep the personal jabs at a minimum, it doesn't do anyone any good and doesn't get us anywhere. I'm as guilty of it as anyone, but we're all trying to find a happy middle ground.

It wasn't a personal jab at all toward him and I don't remember saying you wanted to ruin my gameplay either. I simply stated that him touting that thread in his sig was shady at best, considering he bounces back and forth taking personal attacks at people in each. I personally have avoided using any of my, or anyone elses(for or against), personal experiences as reasons why I am against the lfg, and I don't think alot in this thread are against it for the same reason as me.

It is optional in other games, with the option to not advance as quickly if you don't use the tool. So like I said earlier, if you use the tool should you get an extra reward for completing the use like in other games? What happens when there are no tanks/healers for the tool, will it be extra rewards to draw them in too like other games? If either of those is yes then its not optional anymore.

I am trying to fix *your* problem too, but I prefer that it is fixed completely and doesn't skirt around the actual problem. I want them to merge the imbalanced and low pop servers to make the need for cross server noexistant and fix other problems at the same time. So unless *your* problem is that you simply want servers linked then my idea would also fix your problem, while keeping the people that are arguing it does something negative to the community(<--not me) happy at the same time. Both sides win, you have quicker groups, they have community. Fixt.

Edit-Just to be clear.

I am for a server wide lfg tool, something that is easy for people to use and could even auto link them to groups/players needing a group.

I am against cross server lfg tools, because it leaves the same problems behind and only fixes the grouping for flashpoints problem. And doesn't do that great of a job at that, ie, lack of tanks/healers/times playing would still be an issue.

Merge Servers

Edited by Gittyup

fix server pvp lakes

Merge Servers

Merging servers won't fix anything. Grouping problems exist on my server like everywhere else, but mine still has a heavy pop.

I am against cross server lfg tools, because it leaves the same problems behind and only fixes the grouping for flashpoints problem. And doesn't do that great of a job at that, ie, lack of tanks/healers/times playing would still be an issue.

Merging servers doesn't fix a lack of tanks or healers either. Dunno why you'd claim it does.

Merging servers won't fix anything. Grouping problems exist on my server like everywhere else, but mine still has a heavy pop.

Nothing can be the fix all, even with cross server you will still have to wait until others are after the same thing as you. It's just exasterbated right now because the current lfg thing is lacking, and chat is only planet wide. So there may be people on your server that would group for just about anything, but they may either not be on the same planet as you, not keep chat active, or simply don't like having to talk to someone else via chat and would rather just click a ui function to join a group.

Merges AND a better server lfg tool would mitigate all of these issues and many others. Cross server would mitigate some of the flashpoint grouping issues but leave the rest. ie, empty gtns, no groups for group missions, empty pvp lakes for 1 or both factions.

Merges AND a better server lfg tool would mitigate all of these issues and many others. Cross server would mitigate some of the flashpoint grouping issues but leave the rest. ie, empty gtns, no groups for group missions, empty pvp lakes for 1 or both factions.

Or we can get a cross-server tool and merge servers. A bigger pool mitigates the problems even more.

Merging servers doesn't fix a lack of tanks or healers either. Dunno why you'd claim it does.

I didn't say it did. I said cross server doesn't fix these. Cross server leaves so many problems behind that merging can fix. No merging won't increase the % of tanks around unless theres some freak server with all tanks out there, which I doubt there is. But what I said is that cross server does not fix that. Sorry if it seemed like I was implying merges would change that, it isn't what I meant at all.

Or we can get a cross-server tool and merge servers. A bigger pool mitigates the problems even more.

This actually would not bother me at all, I am for this matter of fact :p But they need to merge first(I know childish right)Otherwise they probably won't ever do it and the threads with change from "lfg needed" to "my gtn is dead" or "can't find groups for group missions" and then the we get to have the same debate all over again.

I didn't say it did. I said cross server doesn't fix these. Cross server leaves so many problems behind that merging can fix. No merging won't increase the % of tanks around unless theres some freak server with all tanks out there, which I doubt there is. But what I said is that cross server does not fix that. Sorry if it seemed like I was implying merges would change that, it isn't what I meant at all.

But it does fix current problems and future problems that would lead to what we currently have.

And thats the point.

Anyways I haven't experience tank/healer shortages anyways.... infact I see alot of tanks/healers complaining that they cant get groups even after many hours of looking. So I dont think that really applies.

Edited by Barracudastr

Without Cross server LFG, this game will die. I can see this being added in 2-3 months.

Like it or not, its coming. Rift did a perfect job of their xLFG tool hopefully bioware can follow.

Rift also added free xfers, and closed down at least 2 servers making them trial players only. Like I said above, I am not against cross server simply to be against cross server. I am against any game company using it as a fix all.

It wasn't a personal jab at all toward him and I don't remember saying you wanted to ruin my gameplay either. I simply stated that him touting that thread in his sig was shady at best, considering he bounces back and forth taking personal attacks at people in each. I personally have avoided using any of my, or anyone elses(for or against), personal experiences as reasons why I am against the lfg, and I don't think alot in this thread are against it for the same reason as me.

My apologies, I misread then. But, in my opinion TouchBass has been advocating compromise as much as anyone else I've been following in these debates. Lets move on.

It is optional in other games, with the option to not advance as quickly if you don't use the tool. So like I said earlier, if you use the tool should you get an extra reward for completing the use like in other games? What happens when there are no tanks/healers for the tool, will it be extra rewards to draw them in too like other games? If either of those is yes then its not optional anymore.

I see what you're saying. I am totally against there being ANY kind of "perk" for using the Cross-Server Group Finder, as the ability to queue and move on with your day should be absolutely perk enough. Do I think a Cross-Server tool will fix the Tank/Healer problem? No. But hopefully Dual Specc will help with that, and maybe one day they will reconsider the 1 Tank/ 1 Healer/ 2 DPS group dynamic, which in my opinion is absolutely horrible. They could make groups 6 mans and just ramp up the difficulty, anything would be better at this point. But I digress..

I am trying to fix *your* problem too, but I prefer that it is fixed completely and doesn't skirt around the actual problem. I want them to merge the imbalanced and low pop servers to make the need for cross server noexistant and fix other problems at the same time. So unless *your* problem is that you simply want servers linked then my idea would also fix your problem, while keeping the people that are arguing it does something negative to the community(<--not me) happy at the same time. Both sides win, you have quicker groups, they have community. Fixt.

I have no issue, personally, with server merges. But I still like the idea of Cross-Server Friends/Ignore list, if for nothing else than you never know who ya might make friends with down the line.

Edit-Just to be clear.

I am for a server wide lfg tool, something that is easy for people to use and could even auto link them to groups/players needing a group.

Agreed.

Disagree, but I concede that a Cross-Server LFG tool doesn't address Planetary Groups/Heroics sufficiently. But seeing as they have 'Phases' maybe something could be worked out to this effect? I don't know. And again hopefully Dual Specc will aleviate the Tank/Healer problem, although I've heard many complaints that people "won't know how to play their class". Not an argument I agree with either, but it's a concern for some.

Merge Servers

This is a much better direction, discussion wise. Thanks for taking the time to shoot the #%#$ with me.

I am disappointed to see the cross realm LFG tool being talked about as a future addition to the game. I was really hoping to keep that out of TOR just because of it's ability to destroy community in a game. I would be all for LFG server wide but cross realm is a no go for me.

what community , there is no community in my server.

do the x-server LFM.

I am disappointed to see the cross realm LFG tool being talked about as a future addition to the game. I was really hoping to keep that out of TOR just because of it's ability to destroy community in a game. I would be all for LFG server wide but cross realm is a no go for me.
Thanks for the laugh.

Merge Servers

I don't own that thread, it was the only thread bioware allowed on the issue and it's dying since the conversation has moved to /general now. I don't update the thread or have any posts on the main page. People just tend to quote me *shrug*

Edit-Just to be clear.

Merge Servers

The problem with your ideas server mergers don't fix a lot of the problems people are experiencing. There is a notion I've mentioned earlier called the "Player bubble", when the bubble moves past something it's really difficult to get things done in that regard. Low level flashpoints are an example, nobody ran them in WoW until the cross server tool was given.

since my thread was closed.. i would just like to say what I think about the X-Server LFG

Congratulations Bioware!!

it took you 3 months to give up on what you value most.. the community

lol... I am so sick of hearing this "community" stuff.

Like i've said a million times, if anything hurts this game's so called "community" it's people getting bored and frustrated because they can't put a group together and quitting the game becaause there is nothing else to do.

This is a video game, and we aren't comunity organizers like Obama. If you wanna "build communities" go join Acorn or something. This is a VIDEO GAME, and some of us actually wanna be able to play it - not spend all day on the fleet trying to be part of the so called "community", which makes no sense anyway.

You will still have your guilds. And you can still party with your guilds. STOP this ridiculous "community" argument. It's getting tiresome. It's ridiculous. And it makes NO sense!

Edited by JeremyDale

lol... I am so sick of hearing this "community" stuff.

Like i've said a million times, if anything hurts this game's so called "community" it's people getting bored and frustrated because they can't put a group together and quitting the game becaause there is nothing else to do.

This is a video game, and we aren't comunity organizers like Obama. If you wanna "build communities" go join Acorn or something. This is a VIDEO GAME, and some of us actually wanna be able to play it - not spend all day on the fleet trying to be part of the so called "community", which makes no sense anyway.

You will still have your guilds. And you can still party with your guilds. STOP this ridiculous "community" argument. It's getting tiresome. It's ridiculous. And it makes NO sense!

oh well, enjoy playing a ruined game.. you have 11 months to get in all the flashpoints you want before the world ends. Edited by JediMarvel