Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Official Q&A Thread for February 17th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As it is, there is no in-game emailing between factions. For players with multiple characters in both factions or close friends in the same guild but opposing factions, sharing resources between them is forbidden. Why not utilize the numerous smugglers running around the galaxy and create an NPC smuggler in cantinas that, for a small fee, will handle those transactions for you?

This is a question about your balancing...

You have "balanced" operatives and scoundrels burst damage because we supposedly hit too high in the initial burst attack. Might I add here that this is what they were designed to do. Yet we have received no survival talents or spells to off set the fact that "balance". Vanguards and Powertechs can talent a move of theirs to ignore 90% armor. Some may say then spec lethality or the scoundrel equivalent. Both trees are broken beyond comprehension...

My question,

Do you plan on "re-balancing" both classes so that they may actually live when someone looks sternly at us or will you give us our burst back?

Is the Legacy system going to be more than a purple bar that moves??

Legacy name editing??

How about an expansion of the action trays to more than 2?? Sidebars don't help.

If I see same-gender romance come out before the above...I quit.

Edited by ZRated

I have a lvl 50 Bounty Hunter Merc. "Determination" allows me to get out of 1 snare. In pvp this is almost close to worthless.

Q: Can Determination (and oher class snare-release skills) be made (or spec added) to allow no stuns for 4 seconds (or ?seconds) after using?

Edited by chrissucksballs

I would like to know if there are going to be player drop Mercenary Commendations in open world pvp? Since the only place to get these is either from buying 10 for 30 warzone commendation or finding a chest in the outlaw lands with 20 of them in the chest that have a really slow respawn

Since a lot of players feel that some classes have more/better/more useful ways to utilise CC and Utility in PvP and that some classes are weaker against these kind of abilitys, could you explain your stance on the subject? Edited by Aerion

Quick question on endgame content. Currently in most cases that "I" have encountered the mechanic that seems to mess up groups the most is enrage on bosses. In the future is there going to be more of a mechanic than just enrage? I'm honestly not a big fan of this particular mechanic.

Can we please have a Looking for Group system for flashpoints and operations, normal and hard mode....one similar to the PVP Warzone one? Also, can it please be cross server?

It's getting harder and harder to find people to group with for Hard Mode FPs. It's also frustrating to have to hang around the fleet spamming when I could be doing other things like dailies. To be specific, the system I am talking about is the same as WOW, in which we select a flashpoint and mode in TOR and our class and then the system will build the group. We are teleported from what we are doing and when it is finished, teleported right back to what we were doing. It's a real pain to have to fly back and forth to the fleet just to spam chat channels for a group and maybe never finding one.

Thanks so much for your time and an overall great game.

I have been wondering why Operatives are the only melee class that don't have some kind of sprint/leap. When you're fighting bosses that do some major knockbacks, or AOE that melee has to run out of, I feel a distinct disadvantage having nothing to do but run back while everyone else goes flying back.

Once Warzones are linked for cross server queues, would you consider offering splitting the queues into solo and group queues so that people who queue solo can only play against other people who queue solo and people who queue in a group can only play against other people in a group?

The reason I ask is that the two are really very different in terms of tactical advantage. The group who knows each other and is probably using voice chat will 100% of the time mop the floor with the unorganized solo players. Splitting them into different queue would allow organized players to compete on an even field and unorganized players to likewise compete on an even (if lower tiered) field.

I'm sure this has been asked many times. But when are you going to be implementing chat bubbles?

As well as other aids to RPers, such as the ability to sit on chairs. But Chat Bubbles are the most important at the moment - certainly the largest obstacle in the way of making TOR a healthy roleplaying community.

Will there be a special webpage where you can check your armor, emails and trade biddings outside of the game?

(A more advance webpage then for example WoW Armory.)

So people can stay in touch with swtor at any time and anywhere. Able to check during work breaks or being away from home, but still accessing through for example an ipad or any smartphone.

Staying in touch with SWTOR! :)

p.s. heck maybe have an app for it with a skill calculator build in! :)

Edited by NeySevour
Added Title

Will action be taken to resolve any problems in low populated servers or servers that one side has more players by a big amount?Some of the problems are we don't have enough man power for operations,flashpoints and PvP including Ilum. Edited by Sathirion

Are there any intentions to have a legacy vault, where all Alts on the same faction can have access to shared storage space (I am thinking along the line of what they have in LOTRO).

This way I can have all my gatherable materials in 1 place that all my alts can use when crafting. Not to mention perhaps having bind-to-account items that they can share.

I would like to know what kind of expansions are in the works; more specifically will these expansion packs actually enrich end game content or will it follow others where it's a few more planets, couple new races and more levels to grind?

I hate to bring up wow, but when you group in pvp, you are still somewhat in that group, as well as in the new ops group for the war zone. The reason this is beneficial is that you're able to communicate with those you queued with privately from the rest of the ops group. Is this an option that might be implemented?

I would like to know if there are any plans to implement Ops group (8 people) quenue for Warzones. I would love to participate in 8 people guild WZ runs. Perhaps it is possible to organize separate ops premade against ops premade quenue to avoid frustrations from not premade side.