Official Q&A Thread for February 17th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there anything that is being done to help players having FPS problems in high-activity areas such as Warzones, Ilum, and The Fleet? There is an overall feeling within the community that the problem does not lie in our high-end rigs, but with your engine. How do you feel about this and are there any plans on a major fix? (Also the ability to turn down Player Ability Graphics would benefit too)

In the last Q&A thread in a question regarding new content there was mention of new flashpoints, operations, and warzones, but no mention of new planets. Is that something that would be considered to be added, or is it something that we would only see during an expansion?

Rated warzones are a great idea, but not everyone will have access to eight good players. As a result, many people are asking for a smaller form of rated PVP, i.e. arena. Do you have any plans to acquiesce or, perhaps, alleviate this for players?

Thank you.

In a previous Thread in the OP's forum I pointed out a problem that many of us see in this game. The fact that Operations difficulties are rarely differentiated by new mechanics and rather by decreasing enrage timers. In addition, the loot drops from Hardmode flashpoints all the way to Nightmare Operations are dropped repeatedly across multiple venues and difficulties. Are there any plans to differentiate loot drops based on difficulty/size and do you plan on making any raid encounters more interesting as you ramp up the difficulty rather than just making the enrage time/damage from abilities more unforgiving?

You've announced that Ranked Warzones are slated for release in 1.2. While I am excited at the prospect of a competitive PvP scene being added, is the team going through any process of data collection or internal testing to make sure all classes and factions have as level of footing as possible heading into competitive play? In particular, some of the differences in mirror classes highlighted here or issues like defenders getting shorthanded by the speeder ride in Voidstar seem like they need to be addressed before implementing a competition based system where a player can gain unfair rank advantages from an imbalanced system.

hello i just wanted to know if there will be any implamentation of graphics engine updates to better support the high end graphics cards the all use DX11. i understand that the current engine is DX9 manily for compatiblitys but i feel that the use of maybe DX10 or even DX11 would be nice to see in some way. i still notice alot of little graphics problems but there are mostly not detremental to gameplay just athstetics. i have a high end system that uses Crossfire as well and it doenst seem that this game uses it well, is there any work beinging done that will better that for users that use Crossfire or SLI?

thank you

What sort of powers are planned to be unlocked with the Legacy System? Will the powers be unlocked from a fixed pool, by specific classes in the same Legacy, or possibly both? Will you be able to send items to alts on the opposite faction via the Legacy system?

By the way, I would LOVE to see a Jedi with a Bounty Hunter missile or an Agent using Force Lightning. Not as strongly, of course, but it would be an interesting aspect.

Will further chapters in the Class Storylines be added via Expansion Packs (That require purchasing and would contain more things like extra classes, races, and so on like standard expansion packs), "Class packs" (which contain simply the expansion to the class questline), or free updates like, say, Update 2.1?

With the ability to customize your companions, it has always bothered me and my friends that there is no option to hide a companions head slot. It is our thought that if we pay for a cool customization, that we should be able to better show it off. In our opinion we believe it should be another check-box in the social tab in the game options.

Do you have any plans for something like this?

Thanks from myself and my guild.

Edited by valeondarkfire

Are there any plans to fix the guardians defense tree? As it stands it underperforms VS. a hybrid vigilance build both as a Tank and of course on DPS.

Everything after tier three is extremely lackluster and low level skills in Vigilance do the same things better and allow for better and more controllable survivability. Threat, Particularly AOE threat, remains a significant issue and the other tanks perform better than the JK against most content.

This has probably been asked already, but...skimming through 50 odd pages didn't seem that tempting :p

Question: Will we be seeing purple crystals available for republic players anytime soon? personally i can't stand the teal/cyan/lightblue color republic players get in their pvp weapons, granted it works fine for blasters, but i want a purple lightsaber for my jedi *sniff*

One feature of the Legacy system is said to be the inclusion of alternate/new races and character customization options at character creation. Since Legacy levels will be gained by current characters as they advance up-to and beyond the end of the story, are there any plans to introduce existing character re-customization (race changes, character appearance changes, etc) either as an in-game feature or paid service?

Are there any plans to offer a way to exchange duplicate champion tokens for commendations? Along similar lines, are their plans for being able to sell back commendation purchased items for commendations, rather than for credits?