Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Official Q&A Thread for February 17th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

Will there be any upcoming buffs/changes for the Operative/Scoundrel healing class in terms of a solid AOE heal, burst healing and utility to make them more in line with the capability of Sorcerers/Sages? Further information as to the plight of Operatives/Scoundrels is located HERE. Edited by Zellandine

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there any plans/considerations to develop a more extensive SWTOR App? Maybe one that gives the ability to check the Galactic Trade list, Companion missions/crafting, check inventory/cargo hold and allow a player to do most anything that does NOT help advance one's character or XP.

Gear is so easily attainable at max levels, How do you intend to handle the accessibility of gear from this point forward?

Do you have any plans on increasing the difficulty of operations encounters? currently the encounters don't offer enough of a challenge to push players and guilds to continue raiding.

I have heard rumors of guild capitol ships, will we be seeing those?? Game really needs more stuff to do (not ops or flashpoints) as in when u burnt out of questing and pvp theres nothing to do we need something. Ideas that have been thrown around include things swoop racing and bringing back pazaak and being able to play against other players for money. Any chance we will see things like that??

I am assuming that all the important and serious questions are already being asked by others.

I am also assuming from the previous Q&A that cross-server warzones are in the works and thus that queing for specific warzones will happen in the not too distant future.

Does this mean we could expect a "real" Huttball league, with it's own ranking/ladder for guild-teams? Possibly a league in tiers, with a mini-league for the 10-19, a major league for the 20-49 and a super league for the 50s? With the Exchange / Black Sun / Cartel sending a Rodian / Hutt bookie taking side bets on the matches / season ? Will this mean we can get Huttball merchandising, such as Frogdogs social gear, with Huttball league commendations?

And yes this is all just one question... honest ;)

Any plans to improve crafting for dedicated crafters? It seems like getting to 400 and re recipes is really easy. I've already got armormech, cybertech and biochem to 400. I've heard that you are going to make re purple items even easier which seems to imply that purples are not going to be rare. Any thought to making another lvl in crafting? Also armstech needs a major boost endgame. Making the ilum vendor sell the purple barrel for 8 daily coms just killed that profession. As a crafter I want to be able to make goods for other players so having improvements in just BOP items wouldn't be that great. Thank you for your time.

Will you rework some aspects of the juggernauts?

Atm. it seems to me that the people who designed stuff for juggernauts were incompetent or very sadistic. Juggernauts can't AoE tank at all. And the rakata tank gear has surge rating on it (which is 100% useless for a juggernaut tank)

Are Orbital Stations really working as intended?

As it is they are just a ridiculous time sink which have no vendors and very little quest significance on any planet.

The only reason they are there is for immersion, which is a solid reason, but gets annoying after 15 planets of them....

I want to ask if you consider making a quick travel point on each planet be linked straight to your ship and perhaps enter through the "escape pod" door, or some teleporter cinematic.

Statement: I have been dying to know this.

Query: Will there be any chance of cross faction character trading (between your own characters, not another player's)?

Statement: It's not fun to have Imperial and Republic characters with items that the other side could really use. I've come across this many times and would like for this to be made.

Are you satisfied with how Social points are currently awarded? Are there any planned changes for how Social points are earned?

Currently, it feels like we have to choose between Social Points and Companion Affection while leveling and grouping (or lack thereof).

There's also times where grouping occurs in combat areas, but groups disband before handing in quests, due to other plans or different areas to adventure to next, and Social points are not allocated due to the missing conversation options in a group setting.

Thanks!

I've noticed that all of the equipment created from end-game schematics is Bind on Pickup, which means that they cannot be traded. This leaves little opportunity for players to use their Crewskills profitably, and reduces the servers economy. It also leaves us unable to craft items for our fellow guild members. Are there any plans to make Crewskills more beneficial in terms of creating items for sale, as well as for friends?