Gaming mice recommendations?

el_pinko_grande

I'm thinking about getting a gaming mouse for SWTOR, but I'm having trouble finding one that really looks good to me. Here's what I'm looking for:

* Thumb buttons, but not too many thumb buttons. I basically want enough thumb buttons to cover auto-run, CTRL, ALT, and SHIFT. But I don't want something like the Razer Naga that has like eight million thumb buttons. That just looks too daunting.

*Wires. Seriously, I don't want a wireless mouse. I'm nowhere near responsible enough to keep one of those things charged. I like the looks of the Logitech G700, but the wireless thing throws me off.

*Not hideous. The Naga Hex comes pretty close to having the features I want, but I find its looks really unappealing. I don't mind if there are some LEDs, or if it has a weird form factor like those Cyborg mice, but I don't like those super-colorful mice that look like they have stickers on them.

So what say you guys? Are there any mice out there you can recommend that fit those criteria?

I'm thinking about getting a gaming mouse for SWTOR, but I'm having trouble finding one that really looks good to me. Here's what I'm looking for:

* Thumb buttons, but not too many thumb buttons. I basically want enough thumb buttons to cover auto-run, CTRL, ALT, and SHIFT. But I don't want something like the Razer Naga that has like eight million thumb buttons. That just looks too daunting.

*Wires. Seriously, I don't want a wireless mouse. I'm nowhere near responsible enough to keep one of those things charged. I like the looks of the Logitech G700, but the wireless thing throws me off.

*Not hideous. The Naga Hex comes pretty close to having the features I want, but I find its looks really unappealing. I don't mind if there are some LEDs, or if it has a weird form factor like those Cyborg mice, but I don't like those super-colorful mice that look like they have stickers on them.

So what say you guys? Are there any mice out there you can recommend that fit those criteria?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=razor+naga

Nothing else compares

That would be the too many thumb buttons he's talking about. While the naga is a good mouse, it's not for everyone and for most people using all 12 thumb buttons is not even a real option due to positioning.

However,

http://www.razerzone.com/hex

Might be more in line with what you are looking for.

That would be the too many thumb buttons he's talking about. While the naga is a good mouse, it's not for everyone and for most people using all 12 thumb buttons is not even a real option due to positioning.

However,

http://www.razerzone.com/hex

Might be more in line with what you are looking for.

Physically, the Hex is almost exactly what I want. I just really don't like the way it looks. I was hoping someone would know of something similar that isn't so.... green.

I got the g700 and it is wireless but you can keep it attached by a wire. It has a bad battery life otherwise if you keep it unplugged. Also if you get the g700, logitech software doesn't recognize swtor so you have to bind the keys a little differently. You have to assign all the extra keys to a keyboard stroke (I used F5-11 since they go along with the number on the buttons). Then in swtor you bind whatever ability bar spot you want to the corresponding F# key.

I just got the Naga Epic earlier this month. I have to say, it takes a LOT of getting used to. I'm still not 100% with it yet. But it comes with these "training" bumpers you can stick onto the buttons that make it very playable until you get used to it.

I have to say it's worth the price so far. Being able to hotkey multiple abilities to be in reach of your thumb changes the way I play the game for the better.

I vote for the Logitech G500.

It has the three thumb buttons you mentioned, and it's not wireless.

The only thing I'm not sure I like is the rough texture of the material the thumb buttons are set into.

An added benefit is that it has the onboard memory. SWTOR has issues with a lot of software, and doesn't like recognising Setpoint settings. The onboard memory circumvents that issue.

I got the g700 and it is wireless but you can keep it attached by a wire. It has a bad battery life otherwise if you keep it unplugged. Also if you get the g700, logitech software doesn't recognize swtor so you have to bind the keys a little differently. You have to assign all the extra keys to a keyboard stroke (I used F5-11 since they go along with the number on the buttons). Then in swtor you bind whatever ability bar spot you want to the corresponding F# key.

Interesting. The idea here isn't to have individual abilities mapped to the mouse so much as it is to map the mouse buttons to CTRL and SHIFT. I basically just want to use one row of keybinds plus the mouse buttons to cover all of my abilities. Will that work with the G700 as it currently stands?

i used to be against "all those buttons" on the naga game mice, but honestly i dont know how i ever gamed without it. I only use my keyboard nw for WASD/QE and have 1/2 as my alt keys as in.....1+mouse3, 1+mouse2 etc

Saves me so much time and space its almost fun adding new skills/items to the keybinds and i never run out of room anymore

Interesting. The idea here isn't to have individual abilities mapped to the mouse so much as it is to map the mouse buttons to CTRL and SHIFT. I basically just want to use one row of keybinds plus the mouse buttons to cover all of my abilities. Will that work with the G700 as it currently stands?

I had the same problem with my previous Logitech mouse (the G518). I couldn't use modifiers on the thumb buttons.

If you save your SWTOR settings to the onboard memory for the G500 you don't get this problem.

I dont use all the buttons on my naga, just programmed 4 of them....tab, C, I and M.

So i'd still recommend Naga even if it is overkill...it's is not wireless (i have had wireless mouse go dead in the middle of a raid so i know where you are coming from) and as you get better at the thumb buttons you always have room to expand should you choose.

After years of holding out and sticking to my beloved Logitech. I finally broke down and got myself a Razer Naga...

It took some getting use to, as it is actually smaller than my old logitech mouse.. I will say though.. I don't see myself going back now...

It get's the job done!

I use a Logitech G700 and I love it as I am a 1/2 button pusher, 1/2 mouse clicker. It also has three profiles that can be switched by clicking one button.

My GF uses a Logitech G13 pad in combo with a Logitech M705 which had the right thumb button. She mostly plays healers and likes that setup a lot.

:D

I got a Corsair M90 about a month ago and I love it .... it's a little bit small for my hand but there's about 9 buttons on the thumb side of the mouse I play a healing sorcerer and I have all my heals bound to the buttons and all i have to do i click portrait and hit my side buttons... not to mention it is wired and only 79 bucks .... otherwise i'd recommend the Logitech G700 and keep it wired up .... i WOULD NOT recommend razer ... too expensive and cheaply made, not worth the money and have to many negative reviews (breaking in under 6 months of use, etc) ...that's my opinion though, and what i've gathered through research on these mice

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Gaming-Programmable-Controls-910-002358/dp/B005EWB3AU

I went with the Logitech G300. Absolutley perfect. The software (downloaded from Logitech's website) allows complete keybind customization.

For me, the best part is there are only 6 extra buttons. It's simple enough that I can remember what they all do. The placement of the buttons makes it great.