Jedi Shadow hitting me for 50% of hp every single hit?

Herpiederp

This can't possibly be balanced.

Yes, Sorcs are strong, but they take time to kill their opponents. There is a Shadow on my server that literally hits me for 1/3 to 1/2 of my hp every single melee swing.

How the HELL is this balanced??

Everyone on the server is complaining. Some people were even saying he might be hacking because he hits everyone for obscene amounts. I obviously don't believe that. The class is just way, way too strong.

I have 14.6k hp and 629 expertise. He is hitting me for 5-6k each hit. I survive 3-4 seconds against him, tops.

Is this the new "balanced"?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, all shadows hit for 5-6k each hit. /facepalm

Get your facts straight before you say the class is unbalanced. 600 expertise shadow will hit for max 4.5-5k dmg, only with project, only on light armors and only if he pops all his cooldowns and use his relic+adrenal.

Is this the new "balanced"?

So because one shadow seems to be hitting for insane damage, that automatically leads you to the class is unbalanced? Now if every shadow was doing that, (which we know they are not) then maybe there is an issue. Right now you are basically trolling...

I haven't changed a single mod in any of my gear. I am almost in 100% Champion gear, with only a Centurion belt and 2 Centurion implants.

The thing is, I do much better against most Shadows. I thought it's because they suck and he is much better, or maybe he figured out a spec that does this sort of damage.

I'm not trolling. There is a Shadow on our server that everyone complains about. He hits - non stop - for absurd amounts of damage. I see 2x3k hits, then a 4 or 5k crit, then another 5k crit, all within a 4-5 second window. That is my entire health bar in 5 seconds. I can kite him for the 20sec it takes for his cds to drop, and he still walks up and literally as soon as he touches me, I'm at 50% hp no questions asked.

Either he is hacking, or he is using a spec that people aren't using. I'm not trolling, I'm not exaggerating. This is 100% true.

I will not give his name, because there is no way I'm making that ******* famous.

I haven't changed a single mod in any of my gear. I am almost in 100% Champion gear, with only a Centurion belt and 2 Centurion implants.

The thing is, I do much better against most Shadows. I thought it's because they suck and he is much better, or maybe he figured out a spec that does this sort of damage.

I'm not trolling. There is a Shadow on our server that everyone complains about. He hits - non stop - for absurd amounts of damage. I see 2x3k hits, then a 4 or 5k crit, then another 5k crit, all within a 4-5 second window. That is my entire health bar in 5 seconds. I can kite him for the 20sec it takes for his cds to drop, and he still walks up and literally as soon as he touches me, I'm at 50% hp no questions asked.

Either he is hacking, or he is using a spec that people aren't using. I'm not trolling, I'm not exaggerating. This is 100% true.

I will not give his name, because there is no way I'm making that ******* famous.

So which is it, half your health, 1/3 your health or 5 hits? I suspect this guy is good and you are getting angry that he is spanking your butt.

So which is it, half your health, 1/3 your health or 5 hits? I suspect this guy is good and you are getting angry that he is spanking your butt.

It's figurative. When I get hit for 2 x 3k crits in one shot, that = 6k damage, and that is close to half my health.

And like I said, EVERYONE in my ops was complaining about the same thing. He just walks up to each of us, and within seconds, that person is dead, and then he moves on to another one. He is nearly impossible to kill as well.

I just don't get it. Maybe he really is hacking...

Edited by Sireene
insulting

I see 2x3k hits, then a 4 or 5k crit, then another 5k crit, all within a 4-5 second window.

Spinning Strike - knocks you down

Pop +expertise adrenals, Force Potency, Relic and Battle Readiness (doesn't use GCD)

Clairvoyant Strike - 2x3k (this seems a bit high but probably doable with all the buffs and a 140 weapon)

Project (with Circling Shadows + Upheaval) - 5k crit easily

then either

Force Breach - 3-4K if crit not sure if I can reach 5k

Shadow Strike - 5k close to doable

You fought a pretty standard Inf spec'd Shadow with very good gear, high expertise and maybe a Rakata or BM double-bladed lightsaber using a fairly standard rotation.

Heck, I do almost that much damage and I have only 3 pieces of champ, 2 centurion, and rakata, using a 126 weapon.

I obviously can't do it every time, so if you say he does it EVERY time with no cooldown within 5 seconds, then that's definitely something you should try to take a vid of.

Edited by KilmarFyrewynd

Maybe you guys are bad ? seems just as likely as him hacking.

Yes maybe. Maybe we are so bad, that we somehow get hit for more than we should. Man, that makes so much sense.

If I said "I just cant beat him" then yes, you would have a point. But I'm talking about getting hit for my entire health bar before I can even get 2 force lightning channels off.

OP's name.

And if that doesn't end the thread then keeping it alive with "speaking figuratively" about half of his hp, no 1/3 of his hp, no his entire hp bar being 1-shotted, no 2-shotted, no being eaten by a small pacman sprite should probably cure the remaining spectators of their belief.

My question for OP--what would you like to see done? Would you like your class to be nerfed so that you won't worry about choosing it in the future?

Yes maybe. Maybe we are so bad, that we somehow get hit for more than we should. Man, that makes so much sense.

If I said "I just cant beat him" then yes, you would have a point. But I'm talking about getting hit for my entire health bar before I can even get 2 force lightning channels off.

Considering the random whine on these forums, with nothing but your word for i, then ye - you guys beeing bad seems just as likely, as the random numbers and statements your throwing around.

If I were getting hit by a DPS assassin, then personally I'd move away from him - his range is mostly 4m, he likely doesn't have the 'snare breaker', and he's in "genuine" light armour without any fancy +35% bonuses.

Regardless of whether he's cheating or not, get out of his range.

OP's name.

And if that doesn't end the thread then keeping it alive with "speaking figuratively" about half of his hp, no 1/3 of his hp, no his entire hp bar being 1-shotted, no 2-shotted, no being eaten by a small pacman sprite should probably cure the remaining spectators of their belief.

My question for OP--what would you like to see done? Would you like your class to be nerfed so that you won't worry about choosing it in the future?

So, my name must be PROTECTOR OF THE SITH in order for people to read what I have to say?

I didn't change my story, I just clarified the details.

And you must have downs. I said that I'm a sorcerer and he is a shadow. Who said anything about nerfing MY class?

I will take a video next time I see him.

Edited by Sireene
insulting - recently warned, no action