Giving a grace period for STAR WARS: The Old Republic

GregZeschuk

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we don't get the code entered before the grace period ends will we lose any progress our characters have made or will it just not let us into the game?

You will not lose any progress in your characters. They already confirmed this. :)

Edited by GamewizX

Can someone please tell me if u can use the 30 free days they give you to pay the game on the 20th or do u have to use a credit card or game card to play past the 20th?

You enter your code, and add a credit card to your account. After that you will not actually get billed till the 20th of the following month if that is when you entered your product key.

This is awesome. I honestly can't think of a single reason for people to continue to complain.

Beta access

2 days extra EGA

Grace Period

Staggered EGA to allow for a smoother transition to launch

Quick, effective customer relations.

Guys, I hope you guys at BioWare have a forcetastic Christmas, and a peaceful entry to the new year. Your efforts have been staggering, and I, as well as thousands, nay, tens of thousands, nay, hundreds of thousands, are hugely grateful for it. Good job guys. Good job indeed.

+1 Loyal Customer.

I approve of this post and hope that it is passed onto Bioware, I think they've had enough poo thrown at them..time for some pats on the back. :D

Find the guy responsible for making 20k people wait when the rest are in. Find him and can his ***. Then consider not being so stupid in the future.

Should have pre ordered/entered your code sooner like the rest of us.

Edited by Kada

While I agree that it is a good move and that someone deserves credit for kicking some sense into the guy who made the decision to remove the officially posted/promised grace period, BW did 'deserve' to be kicked in the tail over this.

Besides, nerd rage seems to be a new universal constant, move over E=MC(2) and hello, "WAAAHHH! I want! I want!".

That's pretty much all I was seeing on these forums last night. People don't read, people don't listen..it's all about them and what they want.

Nothing else penetrates.

Of course they listen.

Watch the haters post about their next hysterical delusion. We should have a betting pool on what makes them go nuts next (I'm gonna go with the grace period not lasting a month).

That said, thank you Bioware for ensuring people get their boxes ASAP AND adding a grace period.

Itkovian

You are so far off base that there are no words. "Hysterical delusion"? Saints preserve us.

Go here, scroll down and read the post by LagunaD, it goes from left to right:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:kEHoYGga1coJ:www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php%3Fp%3D12045669+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&client=firefox-a

Near as I can tell, only one gaming press (not fan press) outfit and writer had the stones and wit to cover this, a BIG story about a own-goaled launch of perhaps the most ambitious, most expensive MMO in history. Said outfit being Kotaku AU and said writer being one Mark Serrels. Have a read here, along with the comments from posters just like everyone else equally disadvantaged over this mess:

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/12/star-wars-the-old-republic-and-the-grace-period-fiasco/

To the extent that this piece helped in any way to speed the plow to this point, we ought to be grateful it saw print, when many other online vendors and press organs (I use that latter term advisedly) knew about it and didn't give a toss.

I'll be thanking him, and all of us who said "Not good enough, damn it". I just hope that this experience will encourage EA/Bioware to remember what it means to jerk us around after giving us an undertaking, and to more than redouble their efforts to manage this potentially outstanding MMO better - including clear and reliable, consistent official communication at all times. We deserve nothing less, and they know it.

For all the crap you Devs go through you really are stand up people. It would be impossible for you guys to address every signle community concern but I really don't feel in any way that you guys neglect the needs and requests of the SWTOR community. I'm pround to be here. May the force be with you.

You enter your code, and add a credit card to your account. After that you will not actually get billed till the 20th of the following month if that is when you entered your product key.[/quote

so there no way we can play all the way to the 20 of next month without putting in a credit card or putting in a game card?

Edited by NARAKOU

You are so far off base that there are no words. "Hysterical delusion"? Saints preserve us.

Go here, scroll down and read the post by LagunaD, it goes from left to right:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:kEHoYGga1coJ:www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php%3Fp%3D12045669+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&client=firefox-a

Near as I can tell, only one gaming press (not fan press) outfit and writer had the stones and wit to cover this, a BIG story about a own-goaled launch of perhaps the most ambitious, most expensive MMO in history. Said outfit being Kotaku AU and said writer being one Mark Serrels. Have a read here, along with the comments from posters just like everyone else equally disadvantaged over this mess:

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/12/star-wars-the-old-republic-and-the-grace-period-fiasco/

To the extent that this piece helped in any way to speed the plow to this point, we ought to be grateful it saw print, when many other online vendors and press organs (I use that latter term advisedly) knew about it and didn't give a toss.

I'll be thanking him, and all of us who said "Not good enough, damn it". I just hope that this experience will encourage EA/Bioware to remember what it means to jerk us around after giving us an undertaking, and to more than redouble their efforts to manage this potentially outstanding MMO better - including clear and reliable, consistent official communication at all times. We deserve nothing less, and they know it.

Aren't you special. Pipe down there francis, and as far as i can see there is no mess here.

You enter your code, and add a credit card to your account. After that you will not actually get billed till the 20th of the following month if that is when you entered your product key.[/quote

so there no way we can play all the way to the 20 of next month without putting in a credit card or putting in a game card?

Correct