pwr?crit?surge?

XplaguesX

which is best to stack? in what order?

Right now on my OP lvl 43 im stacking crit and surge, and useing the surge adrenal, and so far im tearing #$%^ up in pve and pvp. but today some dude told me that i should be stacking alot of PWR and useing pwr adrenal and relics because its a huge base damage boost crit or not.

the dude was an OP lvl 64 valor in a mix of champ/BM gear so its not like he was some random dude who has no idea.

What do you guys think? is there a specific % i should aim for?

i have 638 expertise 40& crit/81% surge and with relic ext popped im hitting for as little as 700 sometimes.. figure that out

Considering this is you... You obviously are missing some basic fundamentals of our class. Because that is absolutely awful. So if you have something constructive to say instead of calling people out about **** you obviously dont know. Please share. Otherwise, vendor your gear and go get some power, because I guarantee you if you have that much expertise and your stacking power you will NEVER hit for that low with relic.

Ps

When I pop my relic to hit someone I never do less then 1k. And thats not saying much.

Move along please.

No expert BM like some here. But from what I gather (looking this up for my own Op).

As long as you have 35-40% crit:

Cunning > Power > Surge > Crit

Otherwise, get crit up to there and then go along that line.

The above dude is right.

You'll want to stack crit+surge till crit is around 38ish% unbuffed and surge is about 80-85% Then if you have any slots left go for power.

Anyone that tells you power is worth stacking before crit hasn't ever played a crit/surge spec, cause once they switch they never go back :rolleyes:

No expert BM like some here. But from what I gather (looking this up for my own Op).

As long as you have 35-40% crit:

Cunning > Power > Surge > Crit

Otherwise, get crit up to there and then go along that line.

This is true - You can google it if you want to but Power only has "soft" diminishing returns (some would call it no dim returns) while I have read that Surge caps at about 80% - I used my extra champ gear to make my set stacked with Pwr and surge instead of accuracy and power....wow what a change it made

Since our sustained DPS is poor maxing power is the way to be that way when you do not crit you still get a good hit - my non crits right now are about 2k + on average

Great info.

Great thread.

Where does one get the BiS mods (with surg/power or power/crit) to replace acc/crit (if over 38% unbuffed)?

Are they from dailies or taken out of other Champ/BM gear?

Also, which Champ/BM relic is best? Or use both?

Thank you.

Great info.

Great thread.

Where does one get the BiS mods (with surg/power or power/crit) to replace acc/crit (if over 38% unbuffed)?

Are they from dailies or taken out of other Champ/BM gear?

Also, which Champ/BM relic is best? Or use both?

Thank you.

The Champ Helm and Gloves have power/surge on them. I have yet to find a good Crit/surge enhancement that is easily gotten and about level 56 tho

Power is equal to about 5 cunning (not an exact number). 35% crit imo is the cutoff, don't go below that, but you don't need much more either.

Surge(always top priority)>power>cunning>crit (Again, 35%)

I disagree with this statement. I've found that the tech damage gain per point of power is ~.23 damage per point of power, while the gain from cunning is .2 Healing gain from power is .17 per point, while healing from cunning is .14 (so power is equal to 1.15 cunning would be more accurate).

Numbers valid from 700 cunning to 1300 cunning at level 50. If there are soft caps, they are not in this region.

I'm pretty sure this depends on your spec. Lethality seems to benefit more from crit due to the energy return on dot crits. I've been meaning to try an extremely high crit lethality build, just need the gear for it.

The Champ Helm and Gloves have power/surge on them. I have yet to find a good Crit/surge enhancement that is easily gotten and about level 56 tho

Farm Advanced Assault Enhancement 24. 38end/19crit/48surge.

Drops from Columi Helm (KuS drops 2 helms) / Gloves (Boarding Party) and also from SW/BH offhand weapon at the end of Battle For Ilum. bh/sw weapon also drops a purple crit crystal if purple is your thing.

Edited by Selais

Considering this is you... You obviously are missing some basic fundamentals of our class. Because that is absolutely awful. So if you have something constructive to say instead of calling people out about **** you obviously dont know. Please share. Otherwise, vendor your gear and go get some power, because I guarantee you if you have that much expertise and your stacking power you will NEVER hit for that low with relic.

Ps

When I pop my relic to hit someone I never do less then 1k. And thats not saying much.

Move along please.

crit / surge imo is best when u hit for 700-1k that aint right and that aint our fault..

TBH I've been finding crit/surge a better choice over power, I'd put that second after cunning, power doesn't give enough return for damage and since ops can get crit past 35% at 50, why not add more crit and surge and accuracy on the rest. I've tested 2 different suits, one with mostly power and one with mostly surge with some crit and I chose the crit/surge suit, I was getting a better return.

I honestly found until level 50 that the crit stacking was better. But with my current set up I sit at just 30% crit. And I am stacking 90% power.

I am in 5 champion pieces 2 centurion and 4 orange items all with purple enhancements for surge/power/cunning. I havent hit under 1k on an opener since I switched. I think if you have 30% crit your fine stacking power at that point.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.