Marauders = weaksauce

OpenSorce

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c228/opensorce/darksidekitty.jpg

The image above is how my Marauder feels.

Maybe it's my gear level or experience level but when compared to my Mercenary, my Marauder is just bad. It takes so little to kill it and it has such a hard time killing anything else. One way to get within range of players, no hard stun, one slow, low damage output and low damage resistance.

It's the only class in the game that no one calls OP.

**EDIT: After a respec and some good advice from this thread I no longer think the Marauder class is weak in PvP. It's an awesome 1v1 class and top of the line in groups. I just had to learn how to play it better.**

Edited by OpenSorce

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it's my gear level or experience level but when compared to my Mercenary, my Marauder is just bad. It takes so little to kill it and it has such a hard time killing anything else. One way to get within range of players, no hard stun, one slow, low damage output and low damage resistance.

You're clueless then. Marauder takes the most skill out of any class in this game, but it's hands down the best 1v1 class in the game and it's amazing for groups as well. Here's a pro tip though... if you're using any less than 20 skills in your average fight, then you're doing it wrong.

http://i.imgur.com/zz4CZ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/m9JzS.jpg

These are what your average games as a Marauder should look like....

How did you get 75k healing medal, when scoreboard shows 74 286?

...Also hail to the Frozen water abusing... ye ye, i know, it's not abusing or bugusing, works as intended blablabla .... as everything in this game since launch :)

Also, the Mercenary doesn't have nearly the amount of tools we have at our disposal. Mercenary doesn't even have an interrupt. We have one that can be as short as 6 seconds, and is no more than 8 seconds without talents. You can spec to have your Rupture, which pretty much has 100% up-time when specced right, applies a slow, in addition to the fact that our other slow has no cooldown. We have no hard CC but we can indirectly CC people in some pretty amazing ways. We are the only class that has a debuff to healing, which alone makes us amazing. We are the only class that brings party buffs to the table, and all 3 of them are quite amazing.

The reason why nobody calls us OP is because the great Marauders are few and far between due to the fact that it's the most difficult class to play, by Bioware's own admission. If you are comparing the Marauder to the Mercenary, which is the EASIEST class in the game, then the problem is obviously you, not the class.

How did you get 75k healing medal, when scoreboard shows 74 286?

...Also hail to the Frozen water abusing... ye ye, i know, it's not abusing or bugusing, works as intended blablabla .... as everything in this game since launch :)

Dude if it gets me medals, I'm doing it. lol. As far as the 75k healing medal, I actually have no idea and have been wondering it myself... but I suspect it comes down to a Bioware faill. They didn't put combat logs in the game for a reason... I'm pretty sure there are miscalculations galore. I've had games where I don't get the 2.5k damage single-hit medal even though I'm regularly hitting for 3.5-4k easy... so nothing really surprises me anymore.

On a void star (aka AoE damage\heal fest) BM geared marauders easy hitting 500-550k damage done, if the whole fight stops at first doors :).

It's basicaly best 1v1 class (due to the amount of tools to dealing with EVERYTHING and counter everything in this game) and absolutly top AoE-er (Rage specced ofc).

Marauder probaly suffer from 3 sorcs shooting him from distance, but tell me what class is not? However they have chance to charge and one shot atleast one clueless sorc before death, most of the classes have not even this option.

Marauders are beastly. I hate them. There's one in particular that makes a beeline for me (I'm a healer) in every single WZ I've ever seen him in. If I don't get support from my team, he will take me out of the game in a matter of seconds by forcing me to heal myself....and then he will melt me because I really can't afford to stand still and heal myself when he's on me. Granted....I don't have particularly good PvP gear, but still.....It's horrible. It wouldn't be so bad if he weren't so tenacious. Why can't he just forget about me after I stun and run like every other scrub DPS? :mad:

You might need gear. You might need more practice. I dunno. When they are geared up and played well, they are a healer's nightmare. Actually, I can't imagine how any class could ever go toe-to-toe with one.

Edited by belialle

are you freaking kidding me, you are kidding right ?

maurauders are freaking insane i dont call 3k to 4k melee skill spam weak sauce and that stupid dot they put on you also that face rolls you and te fact they can go invis also lmao

someone needs to learn to play there class i think

Actually, I can't imagine how any class could ever go toe-to-toe with one.

Noone can, marauders destroying any class in 1v1 battle. If i meet one in the open field i do stun - run - knockback - run - medpack - run - trinket charge immobilize or choke - ruuuuuun. Basicaly it works good if you run to WZs medpack node, since when you there and already have 10% HP (or dead) while doing nothing but run - it helps you to run a little more and get your buddies beating marauder meanwhile :)

Edited by Wikar

Depends on your Spec to a point for damage output...

But as to snare's, stuns, slows etc.

Force Choke

Crippling Slash

Intimidating Roar

Also depending on Spec you can add one of the following

Displacement

Force Crush

As to damage though with my Spec it's not uncommon for me to see crits at close to 4k.

You're clueless then. Marauder takes the most skill out of any class in this game, but it's hands down the best 1v1 class in the game and it's amazing for groups as well. Here's a pro tip though... if you're using any less than 20 skills in your average fight, then you're doing it wrong.

http://i.imgur.com/m9JzS.jpg

These are what your average games as a Marauder should look like....

This.

A well played mara / sent is a force to be reckoned with.

Pretty sure the only class I have never seen any one call OP is the assassin, any way the reason playing your merc seems so much better is because a merc spams one button and does the damage most other classes do with 5, its just plain easy and done from 30 yards away. The maurader is more difficult but looks much more rewarding.

Pretty sure the only class I have never seen any one call OP is the assassin, any way the reason playing your merc seems so much better is because a merc spams one button and does the damage most other classes do with 5, its just plain easy and done from 30 yards away. The maurader is more difficult but looks much more rewarding.

MM snipers, ani maras, and deception assassins, are all similar in they are all stupidly powerful if played right, but die very quickly if played wrong, giving the ilusion of being weak or underpowered to people who do not understand them.

Other classess can still do okay if played wrong.

MM snipers, ani maras, and deception assassins, are all similar in they are all stupidly powerful if played right, but die very quickly if played wrong, giving the ilusion of being weak or underpowered to people who do not understand them.

Other classess can still do okay if played wrong.

on a similar note,

sorcs are mediocre even if played by bads, thus an illusions of OPness

however to play a sorc in high end pvp successfully takes alot of ingenuity and skill

sorcs absolutely get **** on by other geared players

oh and Annihilation Marauders are insanely OP 1v1 and with heals.

... hands down the best 1v1 class in the game...

FWIW, I've lost exactly 1 fight to a marauder in a 1v1 ever and that's before I even had centurion gear and he was BM fitted.

That's as a gunslinger.

I have no idea why people say these things but they're just not true...all you have to do against the marauder is not max out their resolve bar until after they fire their immunity CD and keep rooting them.

What exactly is so great about them that makes them 'hands down' the best? Show me even a handful of their skills whose damage coefficient makes them scary.

People are confusing these "mythical skilled marauders" with biochem marauders in far better gear than them. I swapped to biochem a while ago and I have enough gear that I usually burn them down before they get me to 70% health.

Edited by dcgregorya

That's what happens when You have to use more then one button :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.