Where does Bioware go from here

raptured

If I was in charge of expansions and such I would surely tone down the dialog stuff for future content.. Its way to time consuming to develop and at the end of the day I don't think its worth it.

I think they should focus on MMO stuff.. and with expansions just focus on the main characters story line rather than trying to make every boring little fetch quest an event. IMO putting so much dialog in the game no matter how good or not good it is waters down that aspect of the game. I like the Dialog stuff from 1-50 but from here on out they should tone it down and really put attention on the actual game mechanics.

I really like the game and its the first MMO since WOW that I have put this much time into a game. With that said where do you want Bioware to take future content and why?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When it comes to things like expansions, I would rather prefer the same amount of effort into the storyline (they also have some dialogue saved up for future expansion).

I believe that the major MMO portions of the game should come from the large patches that occur every one or two months.

[quote=raptured;2668704

I think they should focus on MMO stuff..

QUOTE]

and that is?

group quests? check.

small/large instances? check.

server economy? check.

pvp warzones? check.

ummm, what do you want them to work on?

[quote=raptured;2668704

QUOTE]

and that is?

group quests? check.

server economy? check.

pvp warzones? check.

Well I guess what I mean is tweaking the MMO stuff and adding more. Maybe up the difficulty .. I just feel like people are already done with the content, maybe this is normal but this game seems a bit to easy to get to max level.

And thats a fair point if you want to just add MMO content with patches and add story with the expansions.

If I was in charge of expansions and such I would surely tone down the dialog stuff for future content.. Its way to time consuming to develop and at the end of the day I don't think its worth it.

I think they should focus on MMO stuff.. and with expansions just focus on the main characters story line rather than trying to make every boring little fetch quest an event. IMO putting so much dialog in the game no matter how good or not good it is waters down that aspect of the game. I like the Dialog stuff from 1-50 but from here on out they should tone it down and really put attention on the actual game mechanics.

I really like the game and its the first MMO since WOW that I have put this much time into a game. With that said where do you want Bioware to take future content and why?

Yes they also need to add pandas why cause it's MMO stuff wows a mmo and it has pandas!

When it comes to things like expansions, I would rather prefer the same amount of effort into the storyline (they also have some dialogue saved up for future expansion).

I believe that the major MMO portions of the game should come from the large patches that occur every one or two months.

Agreed.

[quote=raptured;2668704

QUOTE]

and that is?

group quests? check.

server economy? check.

pvp warzones? check.

That's exactly the problem. Checking things off of a list doesn't mean they're right or good, they're just done.

First, Bioware fires anyone who had anything to do with developing WAR. That include every Mythic employee on their team. Next, they hire a real PvP and end game development team. After that we might get something useful done as opposed to half-as*ed patches and bug fixes that actually break said bugs even more.

You kidding me? They could make the worst expansion of all time, rehash everything, mirror every flashpoint and operation, change a couple textures, add 5 more cannons on capital ships in space battles, and make every romance option capable of branching off into a huge questline of gathering 1000 flowers for your companion which drop only 1% of the time on a raid boss in quantities of 5 that the entire OP must roll for and distribute, eventually leading up to a marriage ceremony, then a bonus series where you gathering 10,000 shiny pieces of jewlery in the same manner on the same raid bosses, which only leads to a kiss on the cheek and 50 affection, AND YOU KNOW WHAT THE BIODRONES ALONE WOULD KEEP THE GAME AFLOAT.

50 levels of story was too much for me. I could space bar a lot of it and still get the gist. I liked the story and could handle 5 levels of it, but I can also understand how so many are burnt out on it. I guess if I want story, I'll watch a movie or read a book. I just want to melt faces when I play.

You kidding me? They could make the worst expansion of all time, rehash everything, mirror every flashpoint and operation, change a couple textures, add 5 more cannons on capital ships in space battles, and make every romance option capable of branching off into a huge questline of gathering 1000 flowers for your companion which drop only 1% of the time on a raid boss in quantities of 5 that the entire OP must roll for and distribute, eventually leading up to a marriage ceremony, then a bonus series where you gathering 10,000 shiny pieces of jewlery in the same manner on the same raid bosses, which only leads to a kiss on the cheek and 50 affection, AND YOU KNOW WHAT THE BIODRONES ALONE WOULD KEEP THE GAME AFLOAT.

There's a door, I suggest you use it.

u think they will listen to you?????

[quote=raptured;2668704

QUOTE]

and that is?

group quests? check.

server economy? check.

pvp warzones? check.

Actually making any of the above work correctly, be exciting and make me want to play.

Their pvp is laughable.

The instances can be completed by toddlers. There is zero challenge what so ever. We cleared out EV in our first night there without any external help. Everything is basically tank+spank.

Group Questing and Instances are a pain if you arnt in a guild with similar levels. Not enjoyable

Server Economy ? What Economy. There are no crafted goods being traded. once you hit 50, all goods comes from dungeons, pvp and operations. There is nothing to trade between players.

So I retort to you, what shouldnt they work on?

Fix'd for you.

All you did in your post was whine, complain, and really waste everyone's time with your post. If you don't enjoy the game, leave.

Bioware has a lot of work to do, but I'm not going to come here spouting the type of non-sense you spout.

Leave.

Actually making any of the above work correctly, be exciting and make me want to play.

Their pvp is laughable.

The instances can be completed by toddlers. There is zero challenge what so ever. We cleared out EV in our first night there without any external help. Everything is basically tank+spank.

Group Questing and Instances are a pain if you arnt in a guild with similar levels. Not enjoyable

Server Economy ? What Economy. There are no crafted goods being traded. once you hit 50, all goods comes from dungeons, pvp and operations. There is nothing to trade between players.

So I retort to you, what shouldnt they work on?

So basically you say you would be happy with the changes, but you don't like the game.

If you have actively decided to not enjoy the features, why bother? They add another easy flashpoint or even 10; that won't change anything for you. Who doesn't join a guild these days? If you choose to not be social, of course it's not enjoyable finding a group.

They are working on balancing the economy, this is a KNOWN issue.

The poster you were responding too was using sarcasm, he was pointing out to the OP that the things that SHOULD be addressed are all MMO things. I love how you twisted it into complaining about the game though.

Edit: Who am I kidding though right? I mean you've been complaining about this game since day 1 based on your posts. Who pays to make themselves miserable?

Edited by djsmileey

Expansions? No no no. Bioware is using the money from SWTOR to build this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxMd93aCvd0 as you can see it will work as well as their last two products. :p

Edited by Tuscad