Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

TO BW: About the Feb 9 Ilum patch

Knewt

Please adequately test this before you release it. I'm tired of the constant yo-yo effect of horrific bugs making it to the production servers then needing to be patched in a day or two. I appreciate that you are trying to make things right as quickly as possible. However, I would rather you delay a fix or enhancement to make sure it is adequately tested.

-- Signed a frustrated customer

Please adequately test this before you release it. I'm tired of the constant yo-yo effect of horrific bugs making it to the production servers then needing to be patched in a day or two. I appreciate that you are trying to make things right as quickly as possible. However, I would rather you delay a fix or enhancement to make sure it is adequately tested.

i 2nd that!!!

I also fail to see why this is a change that absolutely needs to bring the servers down to fix this one issue. I personally would rather have my WZ wins count consistently than Ilum kills.

Not to mention it should be rolled into other items being fixed, not just 1 single item.

I also fail to see why this is a change that absolutely needs to bring the servers down to fix this one issue. I personally would rather have my WZ wins count consistently than Ilum kills.

Not to mention it should be rolled into other items being fixed, not just 1 single item.

I hear you. They ad some stupid things suddenly. Why can't this wait til next Tuesday......

Make up your mind already. Either we have threads about getting fixes out too fast, or threads about stuff not getting fixed fast enough.

You thread starter types need to get together and make up your minds how you want it.

make up your mind already. Either we have threads about getting fixes out too fast, or threads about stuff not getting fixed fast enough.

You thread starter types need to get together and make up your minds how you want it.

gfmft

Make up your mind already. Either we have threads about getting fixes out too fast, or threads about stuff not getting fixed fast enough.

I love they fix this, but why do we need a downtime for 4-8 hours again? Why can't this fix wait til Tuesday?

Freakin signed!

I agree BW is between a rock and a hard place, its damned if they do or damned if they don't. Though I bet most of those that complain about patches not being properly tested, probably don't have a character started on PTS to help test. Though BW could throw a bone out and an incentive to go the Test Server, allow say a mid level and a High level character with level appropriate gear to help test the patches.

The moment BioWare let people copy their high level characters to the PTR will be the one that actual testing might happen there... But since BioWare is to stupid to allow that only a hand full players you really levelled there a character can test things, so for course major issues will be there undetected.

yea this ilum stuff is nasty. Im a repub and can no longer get an armanent thanks to mobs of sith in central due to lopsided factions. This is day two of repubs not getting to do their dailies and sith pulling one more step ahead of them. They need to get it back to kills counting so every damn sith doesnt camp central.

The moment BioWare let people copy their high level characters to the PTR will be the one that actual testing might happen there... But since BioWare is to stupid to allow that only a hand full players you really levelled there a character can test things, so for course major issues will be there undetected.

Wasting time my dear friend, they carnt do it. Reason why this game will fail, no testing..

Prove me wrong someone.

This.

Wasting time my dear friend, they carnt do it. Reason why this game will fail, no testing..

Prove me wrong someone.

Wont try to prove you wrong. This game has so many flaws that 1 day people will get sick of it and move on. Myself starting. I can't handle it anymore

Prove me wrong someone.

Of course they CAN do it.

It wouldnt even have to be OUR characters, it could be pre-made template characters at the relavent levels.

I agree BW is between a rock and a hard place, its damned if they do or damned if they don't.

You have to realize: that's where MMO developers START. They don't "end up" there. The player base is a bundle of ridiculous self-conflicting demands and cognitive dissonance and the best the developers can hope for is the most of them are satisfied....from the get-go. Heck, you can even find people who post here every day who went from comlpaining about one thing one day to the exact opposite the next, so it's not just person A and person B having conflicting desires/demands. Person C is also involved, and he's a childish raging toolbag who will complain NO MATTER WHAT.

Edited by Blotter

Have you rolled a character on the public test server to help them test? If not you really have no room to fuss aboit it.

Another patch? wow that makes 2 this week alone. how about like any other intelligent MMO you save patching for tuesdays when you preform maintenance.

Constant down time doesnt look good to prospective players who wants to pay for a game thats down every day of the week 4+ hrs at a time.

Down time considering how often should be repaid in game time to all players.

Lets face it 4 hrs isnt much... start adding it up 4x2 x4 =480 hrs of down time a month at this rate..

not including the tuesday scheduled down time.

This will end up being trolled by children who live in forums...what a past time i pay so i can chat =/ 1,000,000`s of free forums to chat in they choose to pay...like the level 85 treds in wows main cities!

Constant down time doesnt look good to prospective players who wants to pay for a game thats down every day of the week 4+ hrs at a time.

...Lets face it 4 hrs isnt much... start adding it up 4x2 x4 =480 hrs of down time a month at this rate..

A. Please cite when this game has been down "every day of the week 4+ hrs at a time." Hyperbole is the last bastion of someone with no argument.

B. You math is wrong. That equation would be 32 hours per month, not 480.

C. I've only ever seen ONE EXTRA downtime in a week aside from maintenance. That would be 4 EXTRA hrs x 1 per week x 4 weeks per month = 16 hours per month during the most off-peak hours imagineable. That's NOTHING. There are 720 hours in a 30 day month and you pay $15 per month. That means you're demanding a refund of exactly $0.0222222 per month. Patently absurd.

There's my $0.02...you can keep it.

Edited by Blotter

First it's last Friday, then Tuesday, and now Thursday, honestly we pay for way more play time than we get at this rate.

I'd not care about 4 downtimes a month, hell even 6, but this has gone beyond ridiculous.

Add in the fact that some of us are paying $16.36 and are US customers (Keep in mind I only pay $14.99 for every other sub I have, since this sub was agreed to in December then it needs to keep that price) and it's honestly just not worth it, I'll come back when they stabilize down to four to six patches a month.

These emergency fixes happen way too often for my taste.

And to the poster above, no really it's more than just one, how many downtimes did we have just last month, how about in December?

The "Big patch, break something, hot patch, break something else, hot patch that, oh look it's the weekend, we gotta hot patch, oh Tues maint" gets old.

Edited by ExiledOne

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.