Mark it Down: Patch 1.1.2: The Downfall of Playing TOR

Souup

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe, if all those people faceplaming the OP actually READ the post, they would in fact, be facepalming themselves. :)

The OP admits being extreme and over the top to state a point. The point is extremely valid, but it really doesn't apply to this case, and he knows it. People facepalming the OP is actually saying its okay for games to become automatic bots that plays the game for you...since that's the the OP's main point. So they are in fact, faceplaming themselves. :)

Hehe, if all those people faceplaming the OP actually READ the post, they would in fact, be facepalming themselves. :)

The OP admits being extreme and over the top to state a point. The point is extremely valid, but it really doesn't apply to this case, and he knows it. People facepalming the OP is actually saying its okay for games to become automatic bots that plays the game for you...since that's the the OP's main point. So they are in fact, faceplaming themselves. :)

Sorry, he doesn't have a point. If you don't think a dev should make quality of life enhancements to their game then you are in the minority. There is no slippery slope here, if anything this is a bug fix because my warrior stances already stayed on through death and sprint has always shown as a toggled ability. If the class buffs were made to do the same thing then that would be a nerf because then you wouldn't be able to cast on other parties. The sky is not falling chicken little.

Edited by iceperson

Wow. And here I thought that was the best addition of the patch. I hate having to re-apply sprint after dying, and I often forget to and it is annoying. I have no issues with this. If the Stances, Cells, Techniques etc don't have to be re-applied, I don't see the problem.

What I do not like, however, is now I get load screens during teleportation travel and fade-to-black situations where I never got them before. Seems like they 'fixed' the problem I never had into a problem that I have now.

That said, I do not envy the programmers of ANY MMO. Having to deal with us in the community and the must-be thousands of lines of code- most of which probably weren't even written by the guy de-bugging. Nope, I do not envy these people at all.

yes, the title is very extreme, but would you have clicked on a post titled auto-enable sprint is dumb?

You no longer have to activate sprint following revival, as long as it was active before death. This, theoretically, makes playing the game much more convenient for everybody.

Sprint is now an activate-passive ability rather than a buff. Keeping the change to sprint in mind, why should we ever have to buff ourselves or each other? Buffs should no longer have a duration, should automatically be applied to the player upon revival, and should automatically be applied to group members when they join your group. Also, mounting seems like a redundant feature. If we are in an area in which mounting is possible, then we should have a button which, when enabled (just like sprint!), should automatically mount for us. Taking this to the extreme, as a sniper i have an ability, laze target, which increases the crit chance of my next snipe ability to 100%. Why can't i enable this to automatically cast when it's available (just like sprint!)? It doesn't activate a gcd, so having to click it seems redundant.

Making changes to the game, such as the 1.1.2 change to the sprint mechanic, under the guise of 'convenience' is a slippery slope to no longer playing the game. My question is this: When did the devs and the player base decide to arbitrarily assign a line at which point no longer playingthe game, for the sake of convenience, is ok?

edit; read before posting: Rather than making claims such as "this is ridiculous," or committing an ad hominem (attacking me as a player based on no relevant information: wikipedia elaborates!), i ask that you seriously respond to the question that i am asking/point that i am making. If you disagree with me please tell me why, rather than posting the aforementioned responses.

lololololololol

This is so trivial, i can't believe this is a thread.

Edited by djsmileey

Yup, I was thinking the exact same thing.

Yes, the title is very extreme, but would you have clicked on a post titled Auto-enable Sprint is Dumb?

You no longer have to activate Sprint following revival, as long as it was active before death. This, theoretically, makes playing the game much more convenient for everybody.

Sprint is now an activate-PASSIVE ability rather than a buff. Keeping the change to Sprint in mind, why should we EVER have to buff ourselves or each other? Buffs should no longer have a duration, should automatically be applied to the player upon revival, and should automatically be applied to group members when they join your group. Also, mounting seems like a redundant feature. If we are in an area in which mounting is possible, then we should have a button which, when enabled (just like Sprint!), should automatically mount for us. Taking this to the extreme, as a Sniper I have an ability, Laze Target, which increases the Crit chance of my next Snipe ability to 100%. Why can't I enable this to automatically cast when it's available (just like Sprint!)? It doesn't activate a GCD, so having to click it seems redundant.

Making changes to the game, such as the 1.1.2 change to the Sprint mechanic, under the guise of 'convenience' is a slippery slope to no longer playing the game. My question is this: When did the Devs and the player base decide to arbitrarily assign a line at which point no longer playingthe game, for the sake of convenience, is OK?

EDIT; READ BEFORE POSTING: Rather than making claims such as "This is ridiculous," or committing an ad hominem (attacking me as a player based on no relevant information: Wikipedia Elaborates!), I ask that you seriously respond to the question that I am asking/point that I am making. If you disagree with me please tell me why, rather than posting the aforementioned responses.

Cool troll, bro.

Cool slippery slope bro.

Seriously, this is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read.

hahaha, talk about being on the same page. I almost hit reply and said "quite the slippery slope" but you beat me to it. Well done.

The OP admits being extreme and over the top to state a point.

Expect that the OP is being extreme and over the top in a way that doesn't actually apply to reality. It's a bit like saying that if they increase the speed limit to 60 on most roads, that will increase the number of people running moonshine.

There's a massive logical disconnect between what happened, and what the OP is saying might happen.

It's a bit like saying that a QoL improvement will lead to massive botting and everyone will simply pay $15 to watch their character level up for them.