Another DOWNTIME tonight

daMarek

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think you have as much 'crying' if they actually fixed things? To take it a step further would you have as much 'crying' if things they said were fixed were actually fixed?

Honestly, yes, I think there would be. Look thru this forum and tell me there wouldn't be as much crying.

There are atleast 3-4 posts right now where people are mad that the sprint buff doesn't need to be turned on after death, yeah, I really do think people look for reasons.

Am I happy about it? Nope. Does it need to be done? Yep. Am I going to die because I can't play from 2am on for a few hours? Nope. Am I glad they are taking care of it now instead of later? Yep.

At 50 cents a day, the 4 hours of downtime for the patch cost you about 9 cents of that hard-earned money. I think you'll survive.

Its the principle of the matter pal............Something many of us feel strongly about.

Why do you people blindly protect a company that is blatantly screwing up continually?

Silly

Its the principle of the matter pal............Something many of us feel strongly about.

Why do you people blindly protect a company that is blatantly screwing up continually?

Silly

Because they can't fix the screw-ups if they don't... fix them.

What do you expect them to do?

Honestly, yes, I think there would be. Look thru this forum and tell me there wouldn't be as much crying.

There are atleast 3-4 posts right now where people are mad that the sprint buff doesn't need to be turned on after death, yeah, I really do think people look for reasons.

Am I happy about it? Nope. Does it need to be done? Yep. Am I going to die because I can't play from 2am on for a few hours? Nope. Am I glad they are taking care of it now instead of later? Yep.

Pretty much this^

Yes, there would be just as much crying. Probably about something even more stupid.

I'm fine with them patching.....but this previous patch broke a quest, and there's no mention of it, the one mention on the boards it got was quickly buried. Look, if you are going to break quest progression, then you really need to fix it, ASAP.

A better analogy would be a contractor getting the hang of managing subcontractors, which new contractors ABSOLUTELY need time to do.

Yes, everyone shows up to the job site and stands around for months while the boss says "I need more time fellas."

Yes, everyone shows up to the job site and stands around for months while the boss says "I need more time fellas."

That makes no sense.

Coordinating a large development team takes time to get used to, especially for an MMO. Which is why I compared it to a contractor.

Also, as someone else in this thread said, you don't just go from making bird houses to people houses without a learning curve. Mass Effect = bird house in comparison to SWTOR.

That's actually a really good analogy...

If this were server maint. I would agree.

A better analogy would be:

Bring Ford in for brakes. Have to take it back since now AC isn't working. AC is fixed but now my brake lights are dead. Lights are fixed but now I have to take it back since it won't start. ETC ETC ETC

That reflects current situation.

Bring Ford in for brakes. Have to take it back since now AC isn't working. AC is fixed but now my brake lights are dead. Lights are fixed but now I have to take it back since it won't start. ETC ETC ETC

Which, if you're buying a Ford, is a very plausible scenario.

I think the important thing to take away from this discussion is:

SWTOR = FORD

:p

Edited by Chevex

And all the while your children are screaming because they don't like how the windows are tinted...

Sorry, had to.

Patches are fine. 2am CST is not fine. That is way too early. Push that to 5-6am CST.

This is how I stand on it as well. Until server maintenance is pushed to a more reasonable schedule im out. I don't fault bioware, they are console dudes and this is their first mmo, just learn from your mistakes.

Glad they are fixing Ilum thing...

Problem I have is they don't even test their patches properly. Where is the char copy or premade 50s on TC so that the users can test this since it is clear their internals do NOT.

Also, how can a game like Rift...made by a small time company which had well over 1 mill users at it's peak take less than 15 mins to do major patches + fix/add content at a massive rate while it takes BW min 4 hours to do the same thing for one bug fix? Plus BW dropped well over 200 mill on this sucker while trion spent only maybe 10 mil max....I mean did they get third rate employees or something?

Edited by fixit

Glad they are fixing Ilum thing...

Problem I have is they don't even test their patches properly. Where is the char copy or premade 50s on TC so that the users can test this since it is clear their internals do NOT.

Also, how can a game like Rift...made by a small time company which had well over 1 mill users at it's peak take less than 15 mins to do major patches + fix/add content at a massive rate while it takes BW min 4 hours to do the same thing for one bug fix? Plus BW dropped well over 200 mill on this sucker while trion spent only maybe a couple mil....I mean did they get third rate employees or something?

They were going for the truly authentic star wars experience. Since star wars technology stays basically the same for 3000 years, BioWare decided that MMO engine technology could probably do the same thing.

Frankly, I'd prefer you cared, rather than simply "understand", while doing doing more to plan these patches in a more scheduled fashion.

Improved testing processes would go a long way as well.

Edited by Notannos

I pay alot of money to play this game. What part of that dont you people 'protecting' Bio understand about that?

I dont pay money in this economy to stand around and wait for them to patch their bugged out game...

Not to d-bag this up, but if $15 is a lot of money to you there are probably wiser things to spend your $15 on.

In any case, I personally appreciate that BioWare is fixing issues so quickly. I'm sorry that the 2am - 6am CST window is in your playtime, but no matter what time they do it it's going to be in someone's playtime. I'd rather they fix it than not fix it, even if it does cut into play time. Especially in this case since Ilum is broken right now and totally screwing endgame dailies.