Make PVE player made consumables all reusable or remove them

rarianrakista

If I make a 20,000 credit barrel and sell it to a biochem user he can use it forever.

If a biochem user sells me 1 stim for 20,000 credits, I can use it for 2 hours.

See the problem ?

Who seriously thought infinite health potions was a good idea for a crafting skill with bind on pickup items?

No doubt that crafting needs some work. The biochem reusable stuff is great. Rather then nerf that it's better to fix/improve other professions so each has their own 'thing' that gives an advantage. I would hate to see something good taken out just because other stuff isn't as good.

Until such a thing happens I will continue leveling all the professions with my alts and using what I can from each. My short term plan though is to switch out one of the gathering professions to biochem when my characters hit cap. It's not super hard to level up any profession especially with a 'legacy' of alts to support each other. Part of what I find fun anyways.

If I make a 20,000 credit barrel and sell it to a biochem user he can use it forever.

See the problem ?

Who seriously thought infinite health potions was a good idea for a crafting skill with bind on pickup items?

If you're paying 20Kcr for a stim, are you looking for more sellers?

I think the magic keyword here is consumable.

instead of requiring BioChem all of the reuasable anythings should simply require A CRAFTING SKILL of that level period - not a gathering or mission skill but crafting skill

Edited by gnolt

See the problem ?

Yes, the problem is you paying 20k for that stim.

Don't pay that much for a one use item.

In the new patch the Exo-tech Medpacks and stims are not BoP and are not Biochem required..

And they also aren't reuseable.

The problem is the cost of mats for a biochem stim are just about the same as the cost of mats for any other item.

The difficulty for raising the skill is just about as difficult.

The time it takes to make is just about as long.

So, the base sale price is just about the same.

The utility, of course, is way out of whack. You can constantly use weapons/armor over and over again until you get better stuff. You can not (obviously) use stims over and over again until you get better stuff. (well, unless you're biochem)

So, I'd argue the point stands, but with one addition.

Make PvE player made consumables all reuseable, remove them, *or* substantially increase the yield vs. mats & time. i.e. get 10 or 20 out from a single batch.

Edited by GnatB

And they also aren't reuseable.

The problem is the mats for a biochem stim are just about as the mats for any other item.

The difficulty for raising the skill is just about as difficult.

The time it takes to make is just about as long.

So, the base sale price is just about the same.

The utility, of course, is way out of whack. You can constantly use weapons/armor over and over again until you get better stuff. You can not (obviously) use stims over and over again until you get better stuff. (well, unless you're biochem)

So, I'd argue the point stands, but with one addition.

Make PvE player made consumables all reuseable, remove them, *or* substantially increase the yield vs. mats & time. i.e. get 10 or 20 out from a single batch.

Go pull a piece of armor/mod/enhancement/barrel/hilt out of a level 50 item. Then come back and tell me about the re-usability of these items.

Go pull a piece of armor/mod/enhancement/barrel/hilt out of a level 50 item. Then come back and tell me about the re-usability of these items.

Pulling it out is upgrading, not reusing. Upgrading is expensive, yeah. Reusing the same thing over and over isn't. How many fights is that armor/mod/enhancement/whatever lasting you for w/o you needing to pull it out to upgrade into a different item? (and really, upgrading by moving an existing mod in an item into a new item doesn't happen all that often anyways. Especially crafted ones)

And I'm coming from the point of view of a synthweaver anyways. Nothing we make is "pulloutable".

My short term plan though is to switch out one of the gathering professions to biochem when my characters hit cap. It's not super hard to level up any profession especially with a 'legacy' of alts to support each other. Part of what I find fun anyways.

I don't believe you can pick up a second profession to replace a gathering. I think it tells you that you need to drop a profession.

See the problem ?

The problem is that the consumable items dont yield enough with each creation. Having them produce more (5 or 10 would be good) would cause the price to drop. There's nothing wrong with a perk for being the crafter.

There's also the option of not using a stim...the stat increases are good, but if you're too cheap to spend 20k on a stim, which takes about 20 minutes to make, if that, then you obviously don't have enough concern about the stat increase to begin with.

There's nothing wrong with a perk for being the crafter.

Well, actually there is, assuming you mean a combat related perk. It means those who otherwise wouldn't craft will pick up the skill(s) for the perk, thus needlessly removing them as prospective customers for other things as they can now just make their own. As well as adding them to the pool of competition as they'll have to sell the stuff they make to get their skill up.

See the problem ?

I think the only problem is you being silly enough to pay 20k for 1 stim. That said, stop hating and change your craft skill to biotech. Or do what I did and just be a pure gatherer and laugh all the way to the bank.