Free to play?

Darklyn

I noticed some MMO's are free to play so before I make a long sub i wanted to check some of those. Do anyone know some good free MMO's? And how long normally for a new MMO to be F2P?

I like your style ... very subtle, but still troll is troll , but hay at least your trying a new approach .

I noticed some MMO's are free to play so before I make a long sub i wanted to check some of those. Do anyone know some good free MMO's? And how long normally for a new MMO to be F2P?

LotrO is free to play and is good

Go to Everquest's website and look at the F2P model that they are using. Understand that they are going to trend-set and this is how your "F2P" games are going to work in the future.

tl;add : You are gonna be paying no matter what.

Most F2P offer subs as well in the way of premium content, the main difference is F2P you might for instance get the the areas suited for to play up to level 20, after that you buy some adventure pack that opens up another area. Often F2P are limited to how many charcter slots, if you want another you purchase it, if you want more bank spots you purchase it.

Often there are freebies for subscribers versus f2p.

SWTOR is to new to offer F2P, even LOTRO was 3 years before it went P2P EQ even longer.

Good luck.

But notice that most F2P games have a micro-transaction market.

They sell the best gear / ships / storage space... hwat ever case maybe for a whole lot more than 15$ month.

In order to remain competitive you are pressured into purchasing such items.

in the long run, you end up paying more on F2P that P2P games.

Hello all,

We ask that threads on the General Discussion forum are constructive discussions regarding Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. Since this thread is discussing MMOs that are free-to-play, we're going to go ahead and close this for being off-topic.